It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Christopher (Kit) Green

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hi

One of the individuals interviewed by Mark Pilkington for his recent book "Mirage Men: A Journey in Disinformation, Paranoia and UFOs" (Constable. London. 2010) was American Dr Christopher (Kit) Green. My co-blogger has been looking into Dr Green's views on the UFO phenomenon. She found that there was a lack of published available information on his topics of research, back in the 1970's. However, she noted that entries in volume 2 of Jacques Vallee's diaries provide an excellent insight into this era and found multiple entries involving Dr Green. These have just been posted on ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com... as:

ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

These posts provide valuable insights into the early days of Dr Green's paranormal interests, and add nicely to the information availble in Pilkington's book.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hmm, synchronistic, I just posted the following interview with Dr. Green from Mirage Men:

Dr Christopher 'Kit' Green - "In a country that has a large, educated population there is a large subset of individuals who suffer from what's called paraphrenia. Paraphrenia is a form of mental illness that doesn't interfere with your everyday life. It means that you can have a delusion and not be crazy, a delusion that you can confine and control. Many of us have one corner of the mind that is delusional - I bet you that I do.

'I might, for example, be religious - I'm an Episcopalian, though as such, I am protected from diagnosis, as are all the UFO buffs, because a large social structure of shared beliefs, like a religion, cannot be a delusion. So all those people who believe that they are being beamed at by the government can no longer be diagnosed as crazy - there are just too many of them.

'But, if there is a condition that is threatening to the social structure - like the idea that the aliens are here and they are taking our babies, or that God hates people of a certain creed or colour - and if people who believe in that kind of delusion band together, they can end up encouraging each other to get a lot sicker, or they strap on belts and make themselves human bombs. So we have to know how to deal with these people and how to prevent them from being dangerous to others.

'This applies to the UFO problem. If something really strange in the area of UFOs is true, then what do we do about conveying that information to the public? First we consider what may be the basic facts: maybe there are civilised lifeforms elsewhere in the universe; maybe they visited us in their spaceships a couple of times and then went back home; perhaps they left a vehicle or some technology behind and we've spent a lot of time and money trying to figure out how to use it. And there may be people in the government who believe that this did happen, and believe that the information needs to be public knowledge, because perhaps someone outside of the government will be able to make sense of their technology. But there's another group of people in power who say, "No, it will make them sick to know all this, we can't let the story out, it's too dangerous." '

John and I glanced at each other. My mouth was dry. I felt the temperature drop. Or was it rising? I wasn't sure. Things were getting strange again. Did Kit just tell us that these things happened? Was that a hypothetical scenario he had just presented us with, or one that he believed to be real? Kit continued.

'So, what do we do? There are studies on both sides of the problem. Some show that people will go crazy and jump of bridges when they're presented with this information. Others, however, say that if you don't want them to go crazy, what you do is systematically desensitize their fears.

'If you are a psychiatrist with a patient you can do that in a very methodical way. If you are a sociologist working with a group of students at a university you can do this in a very structured and experimental way. But if you are a government with a population it's a lot more complicated. Sure, there are those who are just going to shrug and say, "I always knew the aliens were real, it's no big deal." But you also know that some of them are nuttier than a fruitcake and could cause a lot of trouble. So we have to ask ourselves how we can tell people what they deserve to know and, maybe, what they need to know?

'The way to do it is to construct a framework whereby they can parse out the things that they've heard that are not true, and you whittle it down to a manageable story. A story like this: "There were three spaceships that came here over thirty years, and we've got one of them. We can't figure out how it works, we've crashed it because there's a lot of physics that we've still got to learn. We do have something that's like a magnethydrodynamic toroid, and it really did get a craft of the ground, but it smelled bad and it killed a couple of pilots. And we're really sorry about that, but we did it because we've got this machine that came from another planet, and we need to know how it works." '

Oh god, he just did it again. I tried to slow my breathing to prevent the giddiness from becoming a full-on panic attack.

Kit carried on, oblivious to my inner struggle. I was glad not to be inside one of his MRI machines.

'How do you tell people that story? If it's true?' he added, almost parenthetically.

"If you were to give them the core story right off the bat, they'd get sick, so you do it slowly over ten or twenty years.You put out a bunch of movies, a bunch of books, a bunch of stories, a bunch of Internet memes about reptilian aliens eating our children, about all the crazy stuff that we've seen recently in Serpo. Then one day you say, "Hey, all that stuff is nonsense, relax, it's not that bad, you don't have to worry, the reality is this..." - and then you give them the real story."

Source: 'Mirage Men' by Mark Pilkington - Constable 2010.
www.amazon.com...

What do you make of that?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
And a quote from Dr. Jacques Vallee's Diary:

23 May 1978

"Kit is in close contact with most of the UFO groups, so his interest is only confidential among the uninformed. Right now he is on his way to Houston where Valerie Ransone and a group of contactees have promised he would witness materialization. But what are his true intentions? He belongs to a small cadre of very bright intelligence types who are looking for elements of truth...It is becoming obvious to both of us that some of the rumours about extraterrestrials have been planted, perhaps as a cover to esoteric weapons systems, or as part of psychological warfare exercises in which ufologists are a convenient test bed."

So...30 years ago...I'm betting that Vallee had already witnessed a 'materialization' by then and that since then Dr Christopher "Kit" Green has as well. I've been fairly certain for awhile now that Jacques references to 'messing with the control system' meant direct involvement with these IDH entities, while keeping an open mind that he might only be referring to screwing around with perceived disinfo/psy-ops agents. But, at this point, I'm still going with the materialization hypothesis.

Great find, thanks for sharing!
edit on 9-1-2011 by The GUT because: clarification

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by keithb

Thanx for the post, some great reading...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hi

Reply to The Gut

I have wondered long and hard what Vallee meant when he wrote in Volume 2 of his diaries, on 11 August 1977:

"I propose to attack the UFO system by moving upstream along its own feedback loop. I explained to Kit how the topology of a control system worked and why we could try and affect it..."

Did he have some plan in mind as to how to do this? Did it involve direct interaction with the UFO system?

I'm going to go back through both volumes of his diaries, and see if there are any further clues in there.

Have you copies of the two volumes of his diaires? If so, could you also take a look - four eyes are better than two!

I also have a book, I'm yet to read by,by Jeffrey J Kripal, titled "Authors of the Impossible" from the Uni of Chicago Press. It was mentioned in my blog by my co-blogger in May 2009 at

It has a whole section analysing Vallee's works, so there could be something in there which would assist us. I'll try and get round to reading it asap.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by keithb

The links at the blog you provided were fascinating, some good minds and fascinating research going on in a number of areas there. I clickied
I don't have the diaries, but I will scare them up hard copy or pdf maybe.

From some of the outside links there, it looks like we've read a lot of the same researchers on the web too. Some good research out there but the interpretations are all over the place. I do have some other things saved somewhere that might interest you. I'll dig around,

So, whatever Jacques means by monkeying with the system he's had 30 yrs to attempt it. He has yet, that I've found, stated anything any more revealing about it. And I can guess at least one big reason why.

However, I think the clues are adding up. I'll just throw this at ya and see if it hits you: Consider Hynek's seemingly sincere, warm, and longstanding friendship with Dorothy Izatt. And the quote from Jacques diary about Kit Green being on his way to a promised "materialization." They believe--or for Dr Hynek, believed--in the IDH for the reasons they proposed of course, but maybe also because of first-hand experience?

I'll also be following the blog articles as well.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Don't know if you've seen these articles--they are both from the same website. Of course they are the interpretation of the writers, but possibly add information to the puzzle:

I asked how many in the room had experienced the contact of what appeared to be Higher Intelligence. Grady and Phylis McMurty put up their hands, as did two young magicians from the Los Angeles area, and myself. Jacques Vallee, curiously, looked as if he might raise his hand, but then evidently changed his mind and did not. I said I inclined to believe the Higher Intelligences were extraterrestrial, and asked what the others thought.
www.greylodge.org...

Dr. Green and the Goblins of Langley

Following are some interesting excerpts from the book : Remote Viewers: The Secret History of America's Psychic Spies, 1997 by Jim Schnabel, Dell, ISBN 0-440-22306-7

The names Richard Kennett, Peter Crane, Mike Russo and Don Kurtis which appear below are pseudonyms employed by Mr. Schnabel. Acting on gut instinct and an educated guess, we did some additional research (cf: "CIA-Initiated Remote Viewing Program at Stanford Research Institute" by Dr. Hal Puthoff, SSE's Journal, Vol. 10, No. 1, p. 72) and were able to confirm to our satisfaction that the primary subject of these excerpts -- the mysterious and elusive "Richard Kennett" -- is none other than our Aviarian friend Blue Jay, Dr. Christopher "Kit" Green, MD, Ph.D; Chief, Biomedical Sciences Department, General Motors, former head of the CIA's UFO files at the "Weird Desk."…

…One of Kennett's reasons, though unstated in his comments to the Army, was that he had once had his own OBE, using some tips he had picked up from one of Bob Monroe's books. He had felt himself separating from his prone, sleeping form, like a crab molting from its old shell. Then he was free. He walked across the room -- but now there were other beings in the room. There were monsters. Some kind of goblin hobbled up, put its nose right in his face, stared at him. Jesus! Kennett went back over to his bed, and tried to get back inside his body. He wasn't sure he could do it. The goblin --

Kennett made it back all right, but he would recommend, to anyone who asked, that out-of-body experiences be avoided like the plague. He suspected that the effects on the emotions, and on the nervous system in general, could result in heart attacks, psychological trauma, and even psychotic breaks in people who were already unstable.
www.greylodge.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Reply to the GUT

I'll take a look at the website you cited. Thanks.

On the new book by Jeffrey Kripal, which includes his analysis of Vallee's works, my co-blogger has beaten me to the punch and has just published a post about the book at

I have also almost finished chasing up material on 1970's contactee Valerie Ransone, and will post this on the ufos-scientificresearch blog in the next couple of days. I will let you know when it is posted.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by keithb

Thanks. Good stuff over at that blog, I was back there yesterday.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
He's also a painter.

You can check out his paintings here christophergreenfineart.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Nice info freelace_zenanarchist.
I wasn't aware of that so I had to check it out, I noticed the email address looked good being @ wayne.edu, and then found his artist bio with his pic.

I spent a little time looking at Dr. Green's artwork and will go back and check more of it out. One's artwork always tells us a little more about the artist.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Hi

Reply to the GUT (and others reading this thread)

Sorry to have taken so long in getting back here with more info.

As the "materializations" mentioned by Vallee involved one "Valerie Ransone" I have spent some time in tracking down information on her.

I have just posted this info at ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

Happy reading.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by keithb

Good stuff! Valerie Ransone becomes so much of a dead-end so fast that it gives weight to the hypothesis that some folk are 'sanitized' off the internet and maybe other records as well.

With the alleged credentials she had as a former CBS Correspondent and graduate of Northwestern (Puharich's alma mater) and an association with not only the contactee movement, but Astronaut Gordon Cooper as well…well she should turn up more, eh?

So it looks like she was part of Andrija Puharich's Star Kids project for awhile which would be consistent with her 'contactee' inrterests/status.

Then you have these various business or research organizations she's associated with all having very vague (purposely?) sounding names:

Security Around the Globe.

The Information Network

Advanced Technology Group

Names like that seem reminiscent of the front organizations set up by the CIA. The same group of folks who like to run psy-ops campaigns and experiments through and ON folk just like Puharich & the veeeery mysterious Valerie Ransone (Does she even exist? It seems so according to Vallee & Gordo Cooper, but where is her trail on the net?
edit on 22-1-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Hi

Just a small note to add re Valerie Ransone. One of the items I found on the net was a posting about Valerie and Hawaii-5-0 actor James Macarthur, on a website dedicated to Macarthur. I sent off an email to the curator of the site (Macarthur passed away last year) asking if they knew of any other material they held on Valerie. I just received a response to say that they were not aware of any more material. However, there was still some Macarthur material to go through and they will keep an eye out for anything on Ransone for me.

new topics

top topics

join