It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama cause the Tuscon attack from his rhetoric????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I personally find it reprehensible that people seek to capitalize upon this tragedy for political gain, regardless of party or ilk.

I do think that the tendency towards extreme hyperbole in the media might have egged this kid on - helped to reinforce his psychosis. But this isn't a partisan issue. It is a social issue.

~Heff

Truer words were never spoken!
I hope the families are being shielded from madness of the politicians, MSM and those others who can't resist fueling the fire. I hope they have a strong support group and are inundated with messages of sorrow for their loss and of love and kindness from family, friends and strangers alike.
I think, hope their are many prayers and well wishers for Gabrielle Gifford for a speedy and hopefully full recovery.

It's funny how the shooter will own up to this even before he followed through with it but so called leaders and professionals continue to blame anyone and anything else except the one who is responsible.
They're so predictable now, calling for more laws, hoping for censoring, banning and distorting reality all for the sake of more control.
I hope Gabrielle surprises all of them when she is capable to do so, I hope she calls the spades spades.

SL

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Good observation op..

You have the right thinking, nail hit on the head, it is not your fault, Obama's fault,
Palins fault, my fault, the gun shop owners fault, only the shooter... Gun control laws
would not stop this but maybe even support this type of behavior. Don't you just love how
libs point the finger (not saying conservatives don't) but this one was a direct attack
just to further demonize Palin. Which is sick, sad, and distgusting in relation to what happen.

S AND F OP S AND F!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Great compilation of Obama's "hate" speech. Many Leftists are out preaching political and social violence in reaction to losing power in the mid-term election.

We saw the administration's sentiments parroted in the Corporate media, aka "mainstream" press all during the health care debate as they smeared Obama's opposition as "haters" and "dangerous." The Left has a real hard time accepting the disobedience and free speech of a democracy when they have power. Clinton and the Democrat Party tried to use Timothy McVeigh's crime to take Rush Limbaugh off the radio.

Now...well, here we go again only this time the Democrat President can use the Patriot Act power of Homeland Security to go after his political enemies as "domestic terrorists."

Our country is in sad, sad shape.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Too many people have become obsessed with the political hate of this country.
It is sad. Unfortunately this thread will probably not get any attention because it is not advocating that hate.

Thank you Saltheart for pointing out that sometimes you just have to put that hate away and look at the reality. This kind of talk comes from both sides of the aisle and the only person to blame for this tragedy (at the moment) is the shooter himself.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

True that. Though I would not hold him responsible. As I would not start to blame this horrific event on any political party no matter what party this toolbag belonged to.

Some people just don't get it.
All people are kind and as well all people are evil inside.
Most of us can control our rage once pushed to the edge. So can not. Some snap easier than others when pushed to the brink.

I think the media is responsible for publicizing this as you know copy cats will soon follow.

I hate to say it as I have seen this but. But as all you ladies that watch lifetime network know. Sorry to admit it but my wife was watching it a week or 2 ago and as I was reading in between every flipping commercial all they keep broadcasting was the Craigslist killer over and over and over and over again everyday every night. How many f'd up people are going to watch that.

Its like a kungfu movie when everbody is walking out to their cars there like kungfu masters.

Sorry but the repeated broadcasting of stuff will brainwash you.

Any time you want to know what the current admin is pushing just go to CNN, MSNBC CBS PBS they all walk the party lines.

RB out.
Live free or die.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the comments, we have to bring this insanity back from the brink.

Every time someone in the MSM and the political hemisphere attacks their political opponents with blatant lies and innuendo, you will have a much more galvanized and reticent opponent.

Thiswill breed polarization like never before.

When Clinton pulled this # when the Oklahoma took place, the narrative was controllable. They were able to foment their narrative because the MSM controlled information dispersal. That is no longer the case.

Keep up the information distribution folks. Heck, just talked to my mother, she is a MSM watcher extraordinaire. All she does is watch the news and she is seeing right through all of this, even though she is a diehard Democrat, she has seen through this easily.

Makes you wonder if the people doing this idiocy even realize that they are creating an even worse view of themselves. I say let them continue to lie and deceive, just point out the facts and let people decide the truth for themselves.
edit on 10-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: grammar

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

hhahaha so u rekn he still would have killed her if she wasnt a congresswoman ?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I agree with the op.I recall Rham Emanuel talking about" never letting a crisis go to waste."It looks like politicians and various pundits are following this to the letter.After seeing all of them taking advantage of the photo ops that this tragedy has caused.It drove home the point to me that they don't really care about their fellow congress-woman and the people who were killed as long as it gets their faces in the news.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join