It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama cause the Tuscon attack from his rhetoric????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Of course not, but have you seen anyone in the media suggest it? Of course not, it does not fit the narrative. I found this article to be the best response so far to any blather and bloviations from those on the Cloward Piven side of the argument.

Did Barack Obama Cause the Shootings Yesterday in Tucson?

The media and democrats want us to focus on the nation’s “caustic political climate” after the tragedy yesterday. Maybe they should start with President Obama.
He may be the worst offender.

** Obama: “They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”
** Obama to His Followers: “Get in Their Faces!”
** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”
** Obama to His Mercenary Army: “Hit Back Twice As Hard”
** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“
** Obama to voters: Republican victory would mean “hand to hand combat”
** Obama to lib supporters: “It’s time to Fight for it.”
** Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish your enemies.”
** Obama to democrats: “I’m itching for a fight.”

If the media really wants to improve the “caustic political climate” they may want to start at the White House.

NOW, why doesn't everyone back the # off of politicizing things like this. Tell me, when Fort Hood happened, did the MSM attack the Muslims like they did on this incident? Hmmmm?

All of you using this incident to push your ideologies are just looking BAD.

Nuff said, this will be my last comment and response to any of the threads dealing with this.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Nice post. I agree with you.

I'll never understand why people / groups feel that in the time of tragedy, they can manipulate circumstances to push their agenda.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
what we really should be focusing on,

Jared Loughner's behavior recorded by college classmate in e-mails
voices.washingtonpost.com...

From June 1, the first day of class:
"One day down and nineteen to go. We do have one student in the class who was disruptive today, I'm not certain yet if he was on drugs (as one person surmised) or disturbed. He scares me a bit. The teacher tried to throw him out and he refused to go, so I talked to the teacher afterward. Hopefully he will be out of class very soon, and not come back with an automatic weapon."

From June 10:
"As for me, Thursday means the end to week two of algebra class. It seems to be going by quickly, but then I do have three weeks to go so we'll see how I feel by then. Class isn't dull as we have a seriously disturbed student in the class, and they are trying to figure out how to get rid of him before he does something bad, but on the other hand, until he does something bad, you can't do anything about him. Needless to say, I sit by
the door."

From June 14:
"We have a mentally unstable person in the class that scares the living crap out of me. He is one of those whose picture you see on the news, after he has come into class with an automatic weapon. Everyone interviewed would say, Yeah, he was in my math class and he was really weird. I sit by the door with my purse handy. If you see it on the news one night, know that I got out fast..."

The class's instructor, Ben McGahee, said in an interview Sunday that Loughner had been removed from class in its third or fourth week, because of repeated disruptions.

He is one of those whose picture you see on the news, after he has come into class with an automatic weapon.

Yeah, he was in my math class and he was really weird. I sit by the door with my purse handy. If you see it on the news one night, know that I got out fast..."

This person knew he was a ticking time bomb.
edit on 103131p://bSunday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Excellent point and post. I could have used these quotes in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obama can certainly take credit for stoking the embers of political and social divide in this country. I've never seen a president use such rhetoric on a regular basis in my life and he is only half way through his term. Just wait until the campaign machine gets under full steam. His buddy Gibbs will no longer be restrained by his official capacity.

S&F
edit on 9-1-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Additional information-

The Arizona Tragedy and the Politics of Blood Libel

Shortly after November's electoral defeat for the Democrats, pollster Mark Penn appeared on Chris Matthews's TV show and remarked that what President Obama needed to reconnect with the American people was another Oklahoma City bombing. To judge from the reaction to Saturday's tragic shootings in Arizona, many on the left (and in the press) agree, and for a while hoped that Jared Lee Loughner's killing spree might fill the bill.

With only the barest outline of events available, pundits and reporters seemed to agree that the massacre had to be the fault of the tea party movement in general, and of Sarah Palin in particular. Why? Because they had created, in New York Times columnist Paul Krugman's words, a "climate of hate."

A pretty good article at the Wall Street Journal.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Every official that contributed the inflated climate of fear is partially to blame.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Another very good article on the psychology and paranoia use of political punditry.

FASCIST PIGS, FANATICAL IDEOLOGUES, AND DELUSIONAL ILLNESS

One of the more interesting emails I received yesterday after the unfolding of the attempted assassination of Gabrielle Giffords and the murder of others, including a Federal judge in Arizona, was the following:

"This is what comes of spewing hate, you fascist pig!"

I find it interesting primarily because it encapsulates in an enlightening way the leftist mindset which has been described in the last several posts on Dr. Sanity.

I have not met or examined the individual who is in custody for this horrific attack. But I have read quite a bit of information about him now. Making a reasonable clinical determination (which will be impacted obviously by forthcoming information also); and based on his own writings and behaviors that were described prior to this incident, my best assessment is that Jared Loughner was likely suffering from paranoid schizophrenia.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I personally find it reprehensible that people seek to capitalize upon this tragedy for political gain, regardless of party or ilk.

I do think that the tendency towards extreme hyperbole in the media might have egged this kid on - helped to reinforce his psychosis. But this isn't a partisan issue. It is a social issue.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I have a feeling they are going to really push those internet regulations,

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It's funny. I just saw another thread that implied Sarah Palin caused it with her rhetoric.... So which is it folks?

I will tell you. Neither one. Obama did not cause this and neither did Palin.

This was the psychotic act of a disturbed man.... Quite frankly it bothers me to see all the half baked conspiracies that have been popping up ( Not talking about this thread imparticular) daring to suggest that he was brainwashed or some other obviously ridiculous idea.

Look, we are talking about 6 people dead and how many injured? 12? We are talking about a heart breaking event and quite frankly, I wish people would have the class to not cook up half brained conspiracy theories about it.

To those that read this. Not everything is a conspiracy. Some times things really are as they seem. This is one of those times.

No one is "responsible" for this mans actions but this man. If I were to go on a killing spree tomorrow and I told the police that some one else is responsible for me killing people, what do you think will happen? They will laugh at my face.

Hell, you could straight up tell me to go kill some one. If I was stupid enough to do it. I would be the one getting in trouble. Because I am responsible for my own actions... Just like this Jared fellow....

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Remember this?

"The important thing is for everyone not to jump to conclusions," said retired Gen. Wesley Clark on CNN the night of the shootings.

"We cannot jump to conclusions," said CNN's Jane Velez-Mitchell that same evening. "We have to make sure that we do not jump to any conclusions whatsoever."

"I'm on Pentagon chat room," said former CIA operative Robert Baer on CNN, also the night of the shooting. "Right now, there's messages going back and forth, saying do not jump to the conclusion this had anything to do with Islam."

Read more at the Washington Examiner: washingtonexaminer.com...

Link-JournOlis ts urged caution after Ft. Hood, now race to blame Palin after Arizona shootings

Wouldn't want to offend the Muslims but hey

If there is a chance on attacking the other side of the aisle!

edit on 9-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: Fix link

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I think all of us agree with you gimme, the OP started this thread out of frustration over the threads blaming Palin, to make a point.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
So now this shooting has to become political? Are you serious? I mean honestly, are you freaking serious?!

Who cares?! Stop trying to politicize this, what is the matter with some of you people? 6 people died and a Congresswoman was shot in the head yet all you appear to care about is “who’s rhetoric caused this?” Just shut up please!

I’ll tell you what caused this, people like you who have to make everything into something that it is not. Hype people up on the fear that some boogeyman is coming to get them then politicize everything at an attempt for personal gain.

The fact is that Jared Loughner has serious mental issues that needed to be addressed, he expressed his frustrations with a gun and people had to die because of that. Politics of this means absolutely nothing right now, can we at least wait about a month before this turns into a giant mudslinging contest?

We're supposed to be mature here yet you are act like kindergarteners during a very critical situation.

edit on 1/9/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You know they have been politicize it all over the internet and the forum.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Alright, I think my point has been made.

I still think it was the aliens from phi alpha six's political rhetoric that made him do it.

Don't you?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Maybe you should read the OP again.

I guess people do not do that anymore.

Typical.

Buh bye.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
First time for everything; I agree with the thread author. We have no idea as of yet, why this guy did what he did. Until we do know, all sides need to stop trying to use this to their advantage; that is sick and wrong. I said it in another thread and I will say it again here: People who say he did this because of Palin or Obama or whoever, are doing exactly what Fred Phelps after every major tragedy.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I read your OP, that reply was directed at you personally it was just me expressing my anger at those who are politicizing it.

Sorry if it sounded like it was directed at your OP.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

edit on 10-1-2011 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Sorry for the misinterpretation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join