It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret's Out: Internet Media Is Beginning to Report That Jared Loughner Is a Member Of Abovetop

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
If some of you are so worried about 'your image' then you can start by replacing your avatars. All publicity is good publicity, and any marketing guru knows this. I dont see this as anything to even concern yourself with. I would be more concerned with the United States killing innocent People for years all over the Earth. But that is yesterdays headlines right?

Typical. People worried about their own buts, while their arms have blood on them. This entire event has the markings of MK-ULTRA as well. It appears he was a 'cut out' and that is all. Who stands to gain? Arizona. The State will be able to make alot of headway with her out of the picture. Hmmm.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
If i may chime in with a comment, it would be that maybe people should start looking at the fact that he smoked marijuana. It seems to me these days the stuff is WAY different to what those of us in our 40's and 50's knew off back "in our day". I never really was a smoker of the stuff, maybe had a couple of puffs in the younger days to impress friends, but i work with a lot of younger people who do smoke it and i know of 2 that have had psychotic episodes. one was put off work for over 8 months. he now has to have regular drug screening to be allowed back. i have spoken to these young guys and they tell me that you can even get mango flavoured marijuana these days. now thats just not natural and you have to wonder what all this stuff is doing to their brains.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

It very well could be that he smoked some bad stuff. Very highly unlikely though. I have plenty of medical users that I know and they're fine. But then you have people like my own father (non smoker) who has a chemical imbalance in their brain that causes them to freak out and become delusional. I highly doubt it was the marijuana, but you never know. Good post.

On topic: I don't think this will effect ATS much, if at all. We've been mentioned in the news before, like a lot of other web sites out there. I dare the media to try to throw ATS under the bus.

edit on 1/10/2011 by Slash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

OMG.

THE SECRET IS OUT!!!!!!!

People will know about.........

ATS.

It has been the best kept secret for a long while.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
It's reasonable to assume that the investigators will want to know as much about Loughner as possible including who he spoke to in private on these forums (in addition to his public posts). Not sure if private messages are logged and/or recorded on here by ATS, but they will be of interest. I've certainly received and sent sent messages that were perhaps ....not suitable....to be be written publicly (not to Loughner i hasten to add) so its a reasonable assumption that many people on here communicate similar controversial topics privately.

If the PM's are not logged by ATS then it is also reasonable to assume that the investigators will be interested in many of the PM's that were sent during Loughners active time on here......and not just PM's to and from him.

It would not be a surprise if, like wikileaks and twitter, that a lot of personal information is now going to be requested about ATS and its users. Lets be fair too, if they did request such info on private messages and members, then they would certainly find themselves an interesting list of people to watch !

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
i think ats is one of the best english language forums on the planet. moderation is precise yet never too intruding, themes and news are always fast and stunning. many journalists dig in this forum before writing down news.
it's so big, nuts come included in the package. if moderators keep the good work, cooperate with authorities on this case and work well communicating with the outside world, all will be fine and dandy.
if the form will feel guilty for having had this guy here, that's when the problems will begin: lots of powers are waiting for a minor incident to tear this theater down.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
hey, maybe the media will come and start reading, get some ideas for their stories??

we seem to be way ahead of the game when it comes to knowing tomorrow's issues, so one can only hope??

since when is keeping oneself informed, nuts???

which, this is one of my stops in the morning when I go and find out what is going on in the world...

fox is slanted right, cnn is slanted left, and ats is slanted toward conspiracy.....
if all three are presenting similar facts, one should be able to determine just where the facts end and the slanting begins...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by trekwebmaster
Attentions to Moderators and Administrators of ATS:

This case of Jared Laughner is a Federal Case it looks like. I reckon that every thread that the shooter posted will probably be requested by subpoena. Just heard on CNN that there are several federal charges and the Federal Judge which died was in the performance of his duty and was meeting with the Congresswoman Giffords.

Sounds like scrutiny will be on every post Jared made, so expect ATS to be gone over with a fine tooth comb from the looks of it.

If anyone sees or reads any crazy-talk or threats from any of the members here at ATS, contact the Admins and Mods so they can deal with it. The heat is on.

Originally posted by Wobbly Anomaly
It's reasonable to assume that the investigators will want to know as much about Loughner as possible including who he spoke to in private on these forums (in addition to his public posts). Not sure if private messages are logged and/or recorded on here by ATS, but they will be of interest. I've certainly received and sent sent messages that were perhaps ....not suitable....to be be written publicly (not to Loughner i hasten to add) so its a reasonable assumption that many people on here communicate similar controversial topics privately.

If the PM's are not logged by ATS then it is also reasonable to assume that the investigators will be interested in many of the PM's that were sent during Loughners active time on here......and not just PM's to and from him.

It would not be a surprise if, like wikileaks and twitter, that a lot of personal information is now going to be requested about ATS and its users. Lets be fair too, if they did request such info on private messages and members, then they would certainly find themselves an interesting list of people to watch !

Right and thats sort of my point

My main point

Twitter did the right thing using the due process and then contacted their clients informing them of the subpoena, we have seen announcements now that not just those few clients are under investigation but ALL followers (which include media outlets/journalists etc even.. sheesh eh? its almost comical what DOJ is doing)

Now understand this
Google/Facebook and others did NOT contact their clients, they did not inform, they bowed down to DOJ

Would ATS do the same as Twitter did if it came to that, or would they just willy nilly hand over everything requested of them without informing the Membership?

And where does that leave any Member/s in question if it came about like this?

Twitter informed their clients, clients have now seeked legal advise and so forth and fighting under legal duress

Members have witnessed all sorts of commentary in these threads, inciting "armed revolution" etc etc

I dont know if people have caught on yet but this isnt just about the current suituation to do with Erad3, nor the DOJ subponea with Twitter

This can happen to any one when "they" decide you are some how a threat, even if what you say or what you up load or share is not illegal

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Before or after neither are criminal. Though giving stars afterward is a little tasteless (not being in good taste still isn't criminal).

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I think we also need to consider the fact that the alleged** offender Loughner was said to be "academically intelligent"; this lead me to condsider the (slim) possiblity that he might have set up accounts at sites like this one to publicly present the impression that he was in some way insane and out of touch with reality. If such odd and even crazy-sounding statements as he has allegedly made are a matter of public record, this could be to his advantage in the case of a trial.

However, "insanity" from a legal standpoint doesn't have quite the same meaning as the commonly-understood term in general use. It's my understanding that to be considered legally insane (and hence not guilty of a crime as charged), the person must be assessed as being incapable of comprehending the consequences of his/her actions. It's been reported that Loughner allegedly posted a message saying he was "sorry" and asking people to "not be mad at me", which implies a comprehension of consequences and feelings of guilt.

** I use "alleged" and allegedly because at the time of writing this post, Loughner has not been tried and hence cannot be presumed guilty. Also it has not yet been proved that all statements on various websites that are attributed to him were in fact made by him -- or that he is legally responsible for them even if he made them.

My own feeling, though, is pretty much in line with other members' here. Assuming that he was a member here, his statements appear to be those of a deranged individual.

I am also concerned that SO, as one of the TAN (ATS parent company) owners, has stated that Loughner was a member here and that the account which was recently closed/banned was Loughner's. I was of the understanding that our identities here were protected and were not to be made public unless there was a requirement via a court order or other legal process that these details be made public.

Granted, the circumstances are extreme, but that doesn't alter the fact that Loughner has not even gone to trial yet, so I find it bothersome that the site owners here felt it appropriate to make direct and unequivocal statements that he had a specific account here. Any of us could find ourselves in a situation one day where we are facing charges (even if we might have in fact not done anything wrong). Does that mean our ATS/TAN account details can then be publicly and directly linked to our names by the site owners, even before there is any legal process reuqiring those details to be made public?

I think it would have been more appropriate for the owners here to make a statement along the lines that Loughner apparently had an account here, but without making that a matter of factual, public record as it now is.

Mike

edit on 10/1/11 by JustMike because: Typos. As usual.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

You would never have to answer questions because of that. People who starred him before it happened are more likely to be of concern. The feds are intelligent enough to know anyone starring him afterward it probably just a smart@ss with a sick sense of humor. It's the ones that starred him for his thoughts from before that are a little odd.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

forum.bodybuilding.com...

From above link:

Posts Jared Lee Loughner made at ATS

Infinite Source of Currency
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Why is the year infinite in the date?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Watch his youtube videos...exact same topics...www.youtube.com...
He is member erad3....Jared minus the J with with the e and a switched. Same topics and symantic style.

Eerie comment made by member in thread 1...
I have maybe made a mistake is my assessment of your avatar, because for that to be the case, you'd have to be at least somewhat rational, but I think youre frankly schizophrenic, and no that's not an amateur opinion and not intended as an uninformed or insulting remark, you clearly make no sense and are unable to communicate. I really do care.
Seek help before you hurt yourself or others or start taking your medications again, please. Maybe, it'd be better for some there be an infinite source of haldol or cogentin then fiat currency.

He was just banned today when ATS starting connecting the dots as to who erad3 is and it is Jared Lee Loughner. Dude is just a deranged man, no political motivation imo.

This is me, Im Gamebreaker3233 at bodybuilding.com forums. I lold when I saw this posted as internet media, I posted it in the religion and politics section as a lot of ct'ers are members there and there have literally been dozens of Jared Lee Loughner threads. If I really thought it would do ATS harm I wouldn't have done it but as I pointed in the posts other members noticed his delusional thinking and nothing really motivated him politically that could be blamed on ATS other than insanity.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by embarassedbywhatamusesme

I'm sure the fbi/cia would love to have you especially when you are gullible enough to fall for this.
It's just a troll. the person subscribed to an account and posted a comment. It is likely that jared made this account but then never used it (though it doesn't have to be the case).

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Negotium of Verum

You Tube, and his other accounts aren't being blamed for his irrational thought patterns so why should ATS? He came here and spat out his nonsense and moved on. He showed the world how screwed up he was all over the net.
I get the impression he was brilliant to the point of being insane!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldRoadWarrior
reply to post by Negotium of Verum

You Tube, and his other accounts aren't being blamed for his irrational thought patterns so why should ATS?

Because this is a forum where discussion takes place and where it is our intention (at least some of the time) to influence each other.

It's also fairly dedicated to discussing topics that encompass revolution and attacking the government/ PTB.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

No. It's not our job to report someone for talking crazy. As I have said before this is not a neighborhood watch. From all I read the guy never posted anything violent on this website. If someone is making threats that is one thing, but you can't just say talking crazy, that's most of the posters.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Who is blaming ATS as the cause for erad3s rantings online and shooting

< insert a certain german word >

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I too suspect that there will be curious people checking out this site due to hearing about it in connection with this tragedy.

But not in a good way. Lookie-loos will be stopping in to see the nutz. And other whackadoos will be stopping in because they think this is a place for the mentally unstable to congregate and organize.

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
This is not the fire time an ATS member killed somebody.

Which has me concerned. I'm sure this place and the posters are now on 'someone's' radar.

Honestly, this has me reassessing my posting habits. If anything goes wrong in my life, I don't need someone pointing out that I'm a member at 'that place' that the mass murderers wig out at. I understand it's hard to police people online and it could happen anywhere .. but having two mentally ill mass murderers associated with this place DOES concern me. It's weighing heavily on my mind today.

Reassessing my online habits ....

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellen15
Who is blaming ATS as the cause for erad3s rantings online and shooting

I would'nt say anyone is blaming ATS, but i would suggest that there are 2 main causes

a) erad3s mental state

and

b) His external influences.....one of those being ATS and the type of subjects discussed on here and the genral 'atmosphere' that accompanies those subjects.
edit on 10-1-2011 by Wobbly Anomaly because: spelin mystke

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
reply to post by hotbakedtater

OMG.

THE SECRET IS OUT!!!!!!!

People will know about.........

ATS.

It has been the best kept secret for a long while.

I imagine all the world leaders are like that Fat Kid.

I have to confess, I once did like that(not for that long:lol
I got a bluescreen, installed vista again and then i realized that everything was gone. Pictures/video's/documents etc ohhha ahahaha hHAHAHAAALALAHOAOAOHAHHAAOAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHA

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join