It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret's Out: Internet Media Is Beginning to Report That Jared Loughner Is a Member Of Abovetop

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

There are thousands of people who believe like he does and they don't go on murderous rampages. It doesn't matter what someone else spouts out as truth, we are solely responsible for our own reactions to them. People can't be scared to post topics and arguments just because that may be the one thing that sets another off.

And I am sorry for your predicament. NOBODY should live in fear of someone else.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by js331975
reply to post by jibeho

It would take a lot more than one indecent to do what you are proposing. Also imagine how their heads would spin if they were taken to court over this and everyone who is a member flooded the media outlets world wide on how ludicrous it was that a government in a free nation tried to ban a site by trying to stir up fears of this or that.

They wouldn't be able to stop us.

Actually, this is not the first time a member of ATS went crazy and did something stupid like this.... But again, I don't think anything will happen aside from maybe a bit of bad press...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
After the fact I started looking at what this guy wrote. The whole thing feels off
Ehh must be my hat is loose
As to any media attention... Well lots of things are discussed here and I would be surprised if the Gov't is not reading in to us already. Some topics here are very mainstream
WE do talk ghosts and UFOs'! Very little will be made of ATS in this. Why have more freer minds?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by AutOmatIc

He got 88 more stars but ZERO points?
Is that right, we don't get points for stars??

I didn't take notice of his WATS score but his K score below his avatar on his posts was reading 12 around mid-day.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It is getting a bit freaky... yeah he was on this site - but like others said, he didn't say anything about 911 being an inside job. It is almost like at witch hunt is going to begin.

I am not a believer in the 911 inside job theories abundant here - but I have to say, I think people can have their own opinions about issues. This seems to be the beginnings of people being painted in a bad way... domestic terrorists just because of a belief.

I finally see the fnords. Oh I saw them before... but I mean, right out in the open?... Wow.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by Daughter2
This is what AP is reporting:
"Mistrust of government was his defining conviction, the friends said. He believed the government was behind 9/11, and worried that governments were maneuvering to create a unified monetary system ("a New World Order currency" one friend said) so that social elites and bureaucrats could control the rest of the world."

If you read his postings here, they really didn't seem to have anything to do with 9/11. He had a few posts about the monetary system but as far as I could tell it wasn't about the NWO.

The MSM is trying to portray him as the typical conspiracy theorist but if you look at what he wrote, it wasn't typical ATS writing.

This is getting interesting.

The AP reporter is only 'reporting' what his friends said. Who were this 'friends' and did Jared actually said those stuff that millions around the world are already often talking about?

Looks more like a slant by MSM to paint those who discuss about 911/NWO as nutjobs and capable of brutually murdering others the next morning. Another way to stifle and silence critics. Guess 911/NWO is really hitting TPTB big time that they need to put fear into others to stop the discussions.

Don't miss the forest for the trees.

A bigger picture is being played out. Seems like TPTB is running scared...I wonder why as we are living in a free society....

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

There are thousands of people who believe like he does and they don't go on murderous rampages.

I agree, I never thought the truthers were dangerous, it is just that who knows what will set a troubled mind off.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Him being a member of ATS isn't really that big of a deal. His posts were random and his threads were few, you'd find more random shooters as members of Facebook or Myspace than you would on ATS.

Condolences to all the families and loved ones of those who died and peace & love to those injured.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Was Jared Loughner a registered gun owner? That would be more compelling in my view. ATS doesn't equip me to go shooting people in the head....
edit on 10/1/11 by spearhead because: to blow an 's' away

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Im still finding my way around this board

Did I miss a statement from ATS Management informing their Membership of the ban and closure of the banned member threads?

freerepublic.com posted a comment by a user replying to a blog written by: 2ndDivisionVet, The Censorship of Madmen

Comment by: VeniVidiVici, posted on Sunday, 9 January 2011 7:15:15 PM, attached to the above blog

Some rantings of Loughlin on abovetopsecret.com. To their credit they are keeping them intact for investigators

Has ATS Management informed their Membership of this - confirmation or denial?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

A star for you for even having the foresight to take a screenshot. Weird all around.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Thanks for the star! But, I didn't take the screenshot merely searched for the post it was originally on then reposted it for everyone, and added the original credit underneath the pic.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellen15
Did I miss a statement from ATS Management informing their Membership of the ban and closure of the banned member threads?

The "Erad3" user account was banned primarily to prevent mischief. There's a great deal of information about Loughner becoming public, meaning it may be possible for someone with a desire for inappropriate mischievousness to guess his password and attempt to post via the account.

The threads remain in public so as to aid those who are attempting to understand who Loughner is and what drove his madness. The threads he started are closed to prevent potential confusion (caused by new replies) for those doing their research.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That's the truth. It's a shame. This guy seemed to believe in a little of everything. His postings are confusing and I am betting he was too.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I'm taking my star back...

I went back and saw what you were talking about. I am not sure how I missed it the first time. I only access ATS through ppc, so the writing tends to be tiny.

Just color me embarrassed.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Negotium of Verum
So it begins...
It's only a matter of time before this is reported throughout the media. I just hope they don't portray everyone here as crazy, as that is not the case at all. Most people here have alot to offer the world.
In my opinion, I think the owner should release an official statement on the matter ASAP, and spread it to the major networks as a preventative. Quotes from people who responded with concern to this crazy killers ramblings could help our cause.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Negotium of Verum because: =(

Of course they're going to. How else do you shut up a movement of citizens fed up with the government?

Get the media to portray them as psychopathic lunatics who go around killing 9 year old girls.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Nooo don't take it back, it took me forever to find that post !

Props to SkepticOverlord for the good work and diplomatic way of keeping things here running smooth and letting those of us interested in such things delve into them without fear of misguided mischievousness possibly tainting our research.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by hadriana

It would be horrifying to find out if those stars were given because people supported what he did.

If the stars came later, they either agreed with what he did or wanted to start yet another controversy. Either way it is ignorant and uncalled for.

Yeah that's pretty sick.
Also you have to be LOGGED IN to star and flag threads and posts.
So that means 90 members starred his posts after the shooting? Am I reading this correctly?
Surely it couldn't have been one person with 90 accounts???

Either way, both very surprising and disappointing.

edit on 10-1-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Thank you for the clarification, SO. I appreciate your post in my thread!

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Ellen15

The "Erad3" user account was banned primarily to prevent mischief. There's a great deal of information about Loughner becoming public, meaning it may be possible for someone with a desire for inappropriate mischievousness to guess his password and attempt to post via the account.

The threads remain in public so as to aid those who are attempting to understand who Loughner is and what drove his madness. The threads he started are closed to prevent potential confusion (caused by new replies) for those doing their research.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

or one person giving a star to his 100 post

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join