It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret's Out: Internet Media Is Beginning to Report That Jared Loughner Is a Member Of Abovetop

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
omg

i even posted a reply on his mars rover thread
im simply shocked ... he was a ATS member

now ATS will have many agent loging everything
if wikileak wasnt shut down .. i dont think ATS will

springer are you ready to be interviewed by Anderson Cooper ? lol
edit on 1/9/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I also wanted to say I hope that being linked in the media to this shooter, in any form, will not ruiin the website. I really enjoy spending time here, and reading all of the different topics.

the only difference will be that .. now we know there is or there was a killer who had membership here

ATS have lost its purity

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Negotium of Verum
I agree that we will most likely be fine.
I also agree that with a member-base this large some bad seeds are inevitable.
Hell, the problem lies with the nature of this site. The media will put a bad spin on this because of the content we discuss. That is the only reason I suggested the statement in the first place. I'm sure it is being handled anyway, I was just speculating out loud for all the world to hear. Perhaps I should stop?
edit on 9-1-2011 by Negotium of Verum because: spelling

If you felt it was the right thing to do, don't let anyone stop you. I clearly see your point, I am just not sure if anything can/should be done about it. Always speak YOUR truth and don't let other's perceptions make you ashamed or change the way you view things.

edit on 9-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Negotium of Verum

thank you for your kind words but if anything is issued officially, surely it would read better than mine

i do find such an official gesture less than necessary and akin to inviting the devil to dinner.

while it's true ATS will likely experience increased traffic, why not let the site content speak for itself? site members aren't the 'lure' of the site (although some think they are), the content is.

not that my vote counts (anywhere anymore) but i vote let nature run her course.
if the msm wants to indulge the content, that is one thing ... but any attack on the site in general will likely back-fire ... tooooo much curiosity in the world today to permit any other result.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Crap. Now we're all going to get lumped into being terrorists...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
his account on ATS is banned .. lol Erad3
was it because of the shooting or he was having a rude attitude in one of his post

who found that he was a member here ... ?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It may be to our advantage that ATS is a conspiracy theory site that sometimes attracts nutcases and people a little on the edge of reality. It is good to keep the site going just so they have a place they can monitor to maybe get an insight into who might be the next one to go berserko, though that is much less than one in a million who may go off the deep end. Seems logical ATS would attract such people.

The idea that the government might monitor this site really should not bother anyone. I would imagine most of us would be expecting that they already do that.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Actually I don`t think it was just pieced together by these other places rather then some member here or lurker finding it posted on here that he was a member and the username. They are not that good at finding the truth as we all know.

So actually we exposed him not them.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I dont think the MSM will do much against ATS...because that could very well backfire. Sheeps would come here,hoping to laugh at some Lunatics writing crazy things,only to go silent and start asking Questions the more they read.

link   
Well maybe this will help some of us to think more about what we type before we hit the enter key.

I think they've been monitoring ATS for sometime. If Homeland doesn't have people assigned to watch ATS I would think they were slacking.

I don't think they are going to want media attention brought to ATS because it makes more people come and check it out. Many will stay. Few will leave. MooHuuHaaHaa

link   

Originally posted by Ben81
the only difference will be that .. now we know there is or there was a killer who had membership here

ATS have lost its purity

Not proud to say this, but a killer has posted here before and was discovered to have done so in the past.

ATS has lost nothing.

It still IS the best place online.

Now are "you" ready to deal with it being attacked by spin artists working for the MSM?

MM

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
his account on ATS is banned .. lol Erad3
was it because of the shooting or he was having a rude attitude in one of his post

who found that he was a member here ... ?

Pancakeman connected the dots as he noticed someone on Reddit had discovered similar writing style on here on ATS, and i posted the thread and began the ATS investigation - as i believed this needed to be out in the open.

This thread was the first:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

He was exposed as an ATS member yesterday, as Erad3. I think it is worth pointing out that out of 4 threads and 200 or so posts he received 1 star - the vast majority of people had no idea what he was on about and thought he was completely off the deep end. His postings on ATS have no significance at all other than giving us, the public, some insight in to his mind. The people that should have known he was dangerous were his family and the people that spent time with him - and to their credit some people did feel he was dangerous. I haven't heard why Giffords had subscribed to his YouTube channel but I would guess it might be because he had threatened her and they wanted to keep track of him.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Yes, I read that thread. During the reading of that thread, the member was banned. I actually had a window open reading his profile, and in one click went to banned!! Then your thread was closed. Well, there is no putting the horse back in the barn now, is there. Thanks for adding that link and for sharing your thoughts in this thread.

reply to post by mr-lizard

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Actually everything that goes across every single ISP in this country is filtered IMHO...just take a look at this:

en.wikipedia.org...

Which then lead to this:

en.wikipedia.org...

...and now what? What do you think they have now? Most likely software that filters real-time data across every single ISP 24/7. So it's nothing new, the whole being watched and sorted.

I personally don't care if the MSM, the Feds, or Joe Public reads every single post on this site. Maybe they'll have a laugh, learn a thing or two, and maybe...just maybe begin to open their minds that we are all just simply human beings, all of us in the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness. One rotten apple from a tree does not mean the whole tree is rotten.
edit on 9-1-2011 by AutOmatIc because: apple

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
OH JEEBUS What a loonpuff...I'm excellent at reading and I have no idea in Hades wth he was saying in either thread? Definately off his rocker, Don't know if he was schizo, but there's a great possibility he was mental somehow. Did anyone understand that lunatic gibberish? OMG! This is going to make us look like a bunch of cocoa puffs...JESSSUUUUSSSS!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well, as it has been said from time immemorial: "If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear."

And, that "Media Do Have Effects." This is proven. This is a time for everyone here which posts on this site, to pause and think about their posting and ethics. I have noticed that "moderation" here also supports all levels of discourse, if you obtain the necessary quota to post, then the flood-gates are open for just-about anyone to post anything their heart desires.

This is not good and foolish rambling will lead others astray if they do not have the necessary skills of "critical thinking" to measure the "truth" against the "propaganda." There is a great danger in propaganda. We see very well what Hitler was able to accomplish with it; deaths of untold numbers and leading an entire nation to ruin.

Take it very seriously, credibility and accuracy is a hallmark of professional mediators, without such, propaganda is likely to surge unchecked, until regulated. Regulation is not the answer, since it infringes on fundamental rights, so the puzzle remains of how to "teach" ethical and responsible writing and reporting.

There is a time when the spirit of error is going abroad, and truth is questioned, and many are led away with delusions. For Satan can change himself into an angel of light, and make many great and fairlike pretensions to holiness, and under that pretext usher in untruths, and gain the consent of many unto them; so that in such a time of temptation many are stolen off their feet, and made to depart from the right ways of God, and to embrace error and delusions instead of truth. John Brown (of Wamphray)—Christ The Way, The Truth, and The Life

edit on 9-1-2011 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
reply to post by Connman

He was exposed as an ATS member yesterday, as Erad3. I think it is worth pointing out that out of 4 threads and 200 or so posts he received 1 star - the vast majority of people had no idea what he was on about and thought he was completely off the deep end. His postings on ATS have no significance at all other than giving us, the public, some insight in to his mind. The people that should have known he was dangerous were his family and the people that spent time with him - and to their credit some people did feel he was dangerous. I haven't heard why Giffords had subscribed to his YouTube channel but I would guess it might be because he had threatened her and they wanted to keep track of him.

I remembered commenting today that for all his nutty rambling that for his 130 posts he had 100 stars giving him a K score of 12. I believe he had 4 flags and about an equal number of threads. I don't find his listing in a member search now though.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
i have been following this story on the news, and been reading the threads here about it, whilst everybody would agree what he did was very wrong, and he was mental, i really do not see how him posting here or anywhere else has anything to do with it.

from reading some of his posts linked in other threads, he seems to make no sense in his wording or with what he is trying to say. that would suggest to me he was mentality ill, which was rightly pointed out by another ATS member. the guy seems to of been a member on numerous sites, like many people who own the internet.

there are many people around the world on the internet, how can forums and websites tell who is going to do something bad and who is not? i am quite certain there have been many people who have done bad things who have been members of numerous websites. it just so happens to be that this guy posted here on this occasion.

i do not see how anybody was suppose to know that this incident was going to happen, wether it is ATS, youtube, or myspace. there are numerous people who post on these sites that would never do anything like what this man did, this man did it because he was mentally ill, not because of where he posted.

ATS at the end of the day is a discussion board, it just happens to be discussions on conspiracies, and whilst some of you think that is negative the fact of the matter is ATS does not take a stance on them, ATS does not agree with erad3's views, ATS does not agree with any view, it is a discussion board.
many people here disagree with each other, many people here offer evidence in favor and against, there are many threads that start out as a wild claim, but then with member contributions reveal the truth, that it was a wild claim and there is no evidence to support it, and often claims have been proven flat out wrong.

ATS puts conspiracy theories to rest most of the time, however it cannot control wether a individual takes that onboard, but i am sure most people do take it on board. there are certain things that i thought may be true, due to seeing other things elsewhere on the internet that seemed interesting at the time that ATS showed me were wrong, thanks to other members bringing evidence to the topic that proved it.

i really do not understand how anyone website/persons can be blamed, the fact of the matter is there were numerous circumstances in this mans life leading up to this event that nobody could of saw or predicted or prevented. he was mentally ill.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I read through many of his post and didn't see any that made me think he was dangerous.

I have read a lot worse by respected members.

Are they gonna send us to fema camps?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join