It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret's Out: Internet Media Is Beginning to Report That Jared Loughner Is a Member Of Abovetop

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
His ability to go on the websites here and others and rant his feelings may have held him from violence for a time actually. it sometimes works that way with these kinds of people they need an outlet. it is surprising he did not kill himself though that would have been typical of this kind of thing.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think its really sad that this nutjob went after all those people. But whats really sad is I think that we are all going to be under more scrutiny and we have to watch what we say on internet forums such as this.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If you want some SEO tips on how to stay conspicuous on the web, let me know. I'm not a professional or anything, but I do know my way around the English language.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
After reading quite a few of his threads & his replies to others threads, I think its fair to say, he is & has been for a long time on a different wave-length to most. Id go sar far as to say he is surfing his own wave. In all his threads iv yet to come across anyone who agreed with his points, in fact very few were able to understand what the hell he was blabbing on about, so as far as ATS being under pressure, I really think anyone (Including the feds) who read his waffle will see that this is not a breading ground for such actions that he took. That guy is a lone ranger & im suprised no-one picked up on him long before he had the chance to do something so stupid. Where I live, if anyone talked the way he did, it wouldnt be long before the men in white jackets paid a visit.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

This event is disgusting, and has effected me greatly as I am a native born lifelong Arizonan.

I like many of you - I am sure - watched this suspects offerings on his Youtube channel just to get a small partial answer - if any were there as to why this happened.

What I saw an immature and uneducated attempt at being a political anarchist. It seemed like a very desensitized and detached rambling about control and currency. It made little sense as to what led to this point.

I feel for the families of all those lost! I hope justice is swift in dealing with this murderer! Lethal injection would be to good for this guy.

And why kill a 9 year old child? That will never make sense to me, how anyone could do that in any state of mind.

My questions:

This guy came from where?
Were the parents involved in this kids life?

Was he seeing a Psychologist?

Was he ever hypnotized for any reason in the last 3 years?

Was he prescribed psychotropic drugs for depression, bipolar, or other issues like ADHD?

My worries:

That this is going create DHS operations on the internet which will end up with innocent people being wrongly profiled or suspected as such.

That this is going to put the focus on stricter gun laws - once again.

That the open and free internet will now become an enforcement tool - a mass collection tool and program to look for keywords that could flag anyone at anytime. Leading to incorrect conclusions and people paying for those mistakes.

This event did much more than make a name for some sick and twisted kid! It opened the flood gates for what we all knew was eventually coming. It's here.

Tragic indeed

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
OH NO...ATS WILL MAKE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATES OF US ALL...AAAAAAAAAAH!!! But seriously, if anybody thinks that because we contribute to raising awarness makes us evil..THEY need to be checked out. If you're happy living in ignorance, well, log off and never come back.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

It is a shame, truly. Because you just know that people will rally behind this type of censorship you're talking about.

My personal opinion is that everybody from all walks of life should interact with ATS in some fashion. From my own experience I've found that reading threads and news stories linked from this site has helped me to develop a unique skill at abstracting, where I'm actually able to sort through what I believe to be bullcrap and come to my own conclusion about something that doesn't really follow the mainstream opinion.

The same skill that I know a lot of people at ATS have probably developed. The greater world could benefit from it. It helps to reclaim the individual self, and helps that individual to deviate from majority opinion, which many on this site might call "sheeple." Of course some people do take this type of separation to some extremes.
edit on 10-1-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by insite

I posted the comments by 'mordant1' who is also banned. Anyone knows why?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

ummmm.............i think i speak for everyone when i say.........

What?

a whipped dog? lmaf,now i understand why.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Negotium of Verum

EDIT: To respond to another poster, I personally don't think an apology or letter of any form should be necessary. Unfortunately, we live in a world where the media will tear us up. I just think that if a statement was issued in a prophylactic manner, it might lessen the PR blow.
I firmly believe in free speech, and issuing a statement is a professional courtesy that in no way infringes upon anyone or their rights.
I think we should all care about our image to a certain extent, don't you? After all, conspiracy theorists have long been plagued by the media. This might change people's minds IF it is handled well.

edit on 9-1-2011 by Negotium of Verum because: ammending content

It seems to me that you are wanting the exact opposite reaction than the one you are claiming. Care about our image? Professional courtesy? I don't think so.

Enhancing the brag factor to look more < whatever > to your friends...... Priceless.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

Well well....does this mean i too amgoing to go out and behave badly...it also said he smoked cannibis...so every ATS cannibis smoking individual should be someone to be feared....how many other site did ho go on and rant....oh right Youtube....man thatmean youtube should become suspect in changing the minds of individuals to...I wonder how many different accounts online others have....come on....don't be thinking that ATS breeds murderers...i mean he may have had mother issues...(ask Freud),
There is a vast array of people on here...just hope no one added him as a friend....cause you will all be suspect now.(that will be true).
Maybe ATS will keep it's members informed if there is legal action to ask for the records of Erad3 i should think they would be loyal to the members as the members are loyal to them.
As someone else said...by allowing him to have his rants it may have kept himin check for a long time....and if the PTB go through his posts...or thread they will find many people are not favourable as we all know.
this is a horrible thing and there are always better ways of dealing with people other than going out and shooting them as we all know...the power of the WORD is such a powerful tool.
We all on ATS know that...is is why many of us are here...to get our views out and to show that there is a better way.
What drives someone to do what he did will hopefully come out as he is still with us and mybe he will say what has led him down his choosen path.
Let's just show a lot of love and respect for his victims for now....Peace be with them.

edit on 023131p://f00Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

After reading this story where Tierney is quoted as saying his friend
a. was clean from drug use and
b. the military refused acceptance due to drugs found in his system
is a bit fishy
If what they allege is true, and he committed this deplorable act, it gives one pause to recognize that the focus of MSM is surrounding what is being described as a politicly motivated act with occult undertones and internet influences.

Now I know I'm going out on a limb here, but if TPTB wanted to step up there agenda to further limit and control the internet and or gun regulations, what better way than to broker a manchurian type hit in a state with very lax gun laws on a representative that before yesterday few people had even heard about.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Assuming that erad3 WAS Loughner, then I think admin made the appropriate decision to ban the account. Although Loughner is in custody, everything he ever wrote or produced online is evidence that can be obtained upon discovery.

Banning the account was a good move to preserve that evidence and prevent anyone without moderation privileges from hacking into the account and contaminating the evidence.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
As pointed out by a poster on page one, this is not the first time and most certainly not the last time either.

One that was not mentioned in the post on the first page was the poster Heise (I believe that is how it was spelled), there are threads on that poster/killer as well and not hard to find.

Maybe now some members will learn to stop lumping all members of a group together based on the actions of a single member. Not everyone on ATS is a nut job, but you can be certain we attract our fair share of them, that is just how life works. There are bad, messed up, outright insane, as well as some very good people posting on ATS.

This will not hurt ATS and will not put us in the sights of anyone anymore than we were before this happened. ATS has survived a lot of things and will continue to do so. The thing I find disturbing though is that ATS tries to hush threads started on these people when it first takes place. Many of the members here put a lot of time into research and do a far better job than nearly all the reporters out there. They are doing nothing but reporting truth and then the threads get shut down, sort of disgraceful in my opinion. It is obvious some of the threads on ATS are nothing but delusional bunk and they are allowed to stay in place but some very truthful threads get shut down because "it sheds bad light on ATS" or "that has not been proven yet". It just was proven, that is what the thread was.

Anyway I guess I sort of ranted a bit.

Raist

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
what's sad is that he has more ats points than me. i guess being a crazed psychopathic mass murderer doesn't violate the terms and conditions.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
reply to post by Negotium of Verum

This is not the fire time an ATS member killed somebody.

Did it happen before?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychiatrium

Several times before.

It is nothing ATS not seen before.

Raist
edit on 1/10/11 by Raist because: adding more letters than needed

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
yup we are all loose cannons here I got my sights on most politicians here in the Uk .
Thieving lying scum bags every one of them .

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I see your point and had not thought of it like that before.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
All of his "crazy, incoherent" posts could have been a very conscious attempt on his part to lay down the groundwork for an insanity defense in the event he was apprehended.
I fully expect to see his threads & comments used as evidence by his defense attorney.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join