It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret's Out: Internet Media Is Beginning to Report That Jared Loughner Is a Member Of Abovetop

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well he stopped posting here in July of last year..... I wonder what happened in between that time?

You would have thought if he was slowly "losing it" and flipping out more, he would have posted more and his posts would have become more and more insane and strange.

He was hardly an active member here either.

It's worrying that they always try to blame media and interests and books and movies..... just crazy.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I agree. No longer do people look to place the blame on the terrorist; it's "what caused him to be like this?"

I donno, maybe his "differently-developed" brain caused it and not ranting on ATS? I also agree that it's odd he only posted for a short spurt, but furiously.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

We are a diverse virtual community, full of geniuses, idiots, crack-pots, stoics, teachers, students, professionals, trolls, shills, activists, skeptics, believers, attention-seekers, lurkers, rebels, patriots, moms and dads, from around the world - all still just pixels on a screen

I think this should be the unofficial slogan of ATS.

Anyway, it doesn't really surprise me that he (possibly) was a member. I mean, we get people like this all the time. Like ppl said, out of the 200K members, a few bad apples in the basket isn't really all that strange. The subjects that ATS deals with without a doubt attracts people with psychological problems.

TBH, there really isn't such thing as "sane". There could be such things as "wellbeing" and "balance", but there isn't really "normal". Anyone who understands anything about psychology knows this. There isn't any official reference point. But i think it's pretty safe to say that this guy wasn't feeling well.

I have to admit: there's something very strange about these shooters - i wouldn't go as far as saying that they were mind controlled (experimented on), but there's something fishy about the whole phenomenon..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by igigi

Exactly.... the guy had issues and murdered people.

Whether he helped at bake sales at the church, in a Cancer hospice or was a conspiracy theorist who was paranoid bout everything, is kinda irrelevant.

He did what he did.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Good points.

Another concern is how the MSM is reportedly playing up his interest in 911 and politics, yet his posts on THIS site are far from what you would see from the typical political poster, very very far. So, when people gobble their spoon full of Loughner MSM news they may not get the truth, they will get this 911 political conspiracy theorist ATS mouthful, and not the bizarre rambling look into the killers mind.

But honestly, now that I have thought about it, from a business standpoint, if it were my site I would welcome the traffic. Opportunity knocks type of thing.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yes, but TPTB think "He did what he did because of X Y and Z. QUICKLY! I need a scalpel, super-thermite, the Constitution and an ATS account! Action MUST be taken!"

link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

if guns hadn't been available, he wouldn't have had one to shoot with in the first place.

Geez ...

Haven't you heard ? Guns don't kill people , PEOPLE kill people .

Yours is one of the most baseless arguments that I hear . So , you think that if guns were banned , that criminals would not be able to procure guns ?

Your above argument is equivalent to saying that if marijuana weren't available , then people wouldn't smoke it .

Possession of marijuana is illegal , but guess what ? Those who want it have absolutely no problem whatsoever finding it .

Now , for those who are fretting that this tradegy that was perpetrated by this very obviously deranged individual , might have adverse effects for ATS , I will simply say that the views and opinions found within any given post of any given member , are not to be construed as the views and opinions of abovetopsecret.com , The Above Network , LLC. , the site owners , the staff , nor any other members .

The views and opinions expressed herein are the sole responsibility of the individual who has posted said views and opinions . They do not reflect upon anyone other than the author of said posted content .

Disclaimer found at the bottom of your screen :

This content community relies on
user-generated content from our member contributors.
The opinions of our members are not those of site ownership
who maintains strict editorial agnosticism and simply provides
a collaborative venue for free expression.

ATS cannot and will not be held responsible or liable for the actions of any one of the members here , as they do not endorse or promote any of the views or opinions found herein .

Chill out people .
edit on 10-1-2011 by okbmd because: (no reason given)

link   
Okay, let’s look at this from another perspective…

ATS and similar sites can no doubt be viewed as a threat to the powers that be should any vulnerable information be posted here. It stands to reason then that, not only is this site being monitored, but that certain people on this site are not who they claim to be and argue about blatant facts in order to mess with a certain perception, idea or exposure of some sort. More importantly, to create a division.

Why is this important? Well, what if they finally realised they are fighting a loosing battle and decided to turn up the heat…

As most of you said, ANYBODY can join… So why not a mole or perhaps a next generation Lee Harvey Oswald?

I mean, if the world is changing, then so should politically orchestrated assassinations. They could be killing a few hundred birds with one stone. Obama is already trying to bring into power internet ID’s
With a little bit of effort it would be quite easy to create a person, along with a history of posts on ATS, Youtube and the likes (and the added benefit of drugs) who then suddenly goes on a wild killing spree… Just think about it for a minute…

How many such killings -done with people of the same background and membership to various forums- does it have to take until the American folk are so petrified that they are actually begging for these sites to be closed?

And you want to know what the worst part is? If this wild idea were to be true, there would be nothing we can do to stop it. They would be beating us at our own game.

Conspiracy theorists carry a stigma, taboo, an image fuelled by the media and the general society. Yes, our numbers may have grown, but are we enough?

What’s that saying, “If you cant beat them, join them.” And the other one, as the Free Masons like to say, “Audacity, always audacity.”

As a parting thought you may ask, why would ATS be such a threat? ATS is one of the few places where some people would say there is a “brotherhood” of sorts between conspiracy theorist. They know that if somebody here asked for help with delicate information, we would stagger over one another to be the first to help. If a video was posted for safekeeping, it would be downloaded in seconds by members believing they are fighting for a greater cause. Which they are btw… And a noble one at that.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RainDog

With every politican equipped with armed body guards, there will be a lot more tased and murdered citizens at town hall meetings and political events. I am against providing our elected officials with body guards. We have seen their reaction in demonizing their political opposition in the aftermath of this insane man's criminal actions. They will use their body guards in violence against their poltical oppostition in the normal course of our democracy if given that power. Our politicans are taking the democratic process as a dangerous attack upon themselves when in reality it is only dangerous to their poltiical power. They don't like that.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Well he stopped posting here in July of last year..... I wonder what happened in between that time?

Now that is a good question indeed. What did happen in that time?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

Fox news were talking about the shooters belief in using silver and gold over paper currency. I really think they will try to tie that idea to being fringe or even anti government. What better way to condemn it than say it is the idea of a mad man.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellen15
So Erad3 Profile at first had no Flags and 8 Stars rewarded by Members to his Posts

Now we see 3 flags rewarded and 96 stars rewarded by Members to his Posts

Ya, I seen that going on yesterday...it is some sort of moronic death worship or something...was a couple that went through, giving a star to every post he made. I called one of em out whom said he starred a post that he thought was good...of course he couldn't mention which when I asked. Some people just want to touch a idol, good or evil. its sort of twisted, but hey...erad3 is -not- the only mentally unstable person on ATS...he is bound to have supporters.
Give it a few days and there will be threads suggesting what he did was heroic, or at least necessary by some of the more idiotic of ATS. For now, they are keeping it quiet, or walking on eggshells but already starting.

With a comment by a user on freerepublic.com stating that ATS.com is 'keeping erad3s posts intact for investigators'

Probably...that makes sense.

That could also mean, the investigators will be looking at Members who supported erad3's,
Members who replied to erad3s (even if they were in disagreement), members who flagged erad3 and starred erad3

They are probably just looking overall. You can agree or disagree with someone, but there is a difference between that and trying to take action. His threads are not groundbreaking..just nutty overall, so nothing to really agree with or disagree with. General concepts maybe...aka, Nasa is not telling the truth. Sure...hell, most on ATS agreee with that, but thats not a sign of insanity in itself, and not criminal insanity.

They will look into Members who; support, add/fuel political rehetoric with references for an armed revolution, members who make references to guns and voilence in political discourse, they will look at members who fuel anti government discussion laced with hatred and bigotry, outrageous borderline violent political rehetoric parroting politicans making same commentary

Erm, this event won't suddenly alert them to that nonsense...I imagine "they" have been here since the day ATS started...its their job to monitor websites like this..if they aren't, then they aren't doing their job. There is a difference though between someone grumbling and talking nonsense, verses making actual plots and plans to overthrow something. for the most part, the idio...erm...people on ATS whom discuss armed revolution walk on the same line as those political hacks that say the same thing...second amendment remedys and all that bull---t.

The investigators will look at members accounts, profiles, Internet Providers, IP addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, addresses/location etc while also digging into any other activity all over the net (facebook, twitter other social networks) and also looking for alternative online aliass members and email addressses attached to those

Doubtful unless there is an actual threat. You know how many conspiracy websites are out there...there simply isn't enough resources for them to do all that work even if they focused on just the more rabid anti-government types...much less random chatters and part time conspiracy theorists hobbiests. best to keep things in context here.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I had not thought of that. I wonder if we will be seeing body guard bills soon? More perks. More porkbelly.

Originally posted by sara123123
reply to post by RainDog

With every politican equipped with armed body guards, there will be a lot more tased and murdered citizens at town hall meetings and political events. I am against providing our elected officials with body guards. We have seen their reaction in demonizing their political opposition in the aftermath of this insane man's criminal actions. They will use their body guards in violence against their poltical oppostition in the normal course of our democracy if given that power. Our politicans are taking the democratic process as a dangerous attack upon themselves when in reality it is only dangerous to their poltiical power. They don't like that.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

All you ATS Super-hats... has anyone even looked at this guys numbers.... scary!!
reply to post by RiverDawg

Please refrain from this type of post-tragedy speculation; I say this with all due respect and with complete candor. Yesterday I read a post here where someone actually inferred that the congresswoman (a helpless victim of this horrific act of insanity) might possibly be the anti-Christ, due to the fact that after being shot in the head and initially reported as dead, came back to life, presumably to go on to become a future U.S. President, thereby fulfilling prophesy!
Among five others, an innocent 9-year old girl is dead due to this tragic and pointless act of mayhem by some sad and deranged lunatic. Please lets all try to keep our heads and wits about us and not inadvertantly trivialize any of these deaths or lives, numerologically or otherwise.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I read that too. Isn't that embarrassingly retarded. Anyone can be named a potential anti christ I guess as long as the fit the physical description. Never mind what kind of person they are. I was hoping we can bump that thread down quickly considering how much new traffic the site would be getting from news mentions.
edit on 10-1-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Oh hell, yall. We probably POST with the anti Christ here at ATS!

I read that theory too. Wonderful story plot, but really pushing the realm of credible speculation, even for our website.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
You know I had a thought this morning while the news coverage of the tragedy. What if he isn't clinically insane, but engaging in a calculated ruse. According to the experts, his case is classic schizophrenia (perhaps, they do not have an official diagnosis). He was very vocal, intimidating, and downright scary beginning with the very first day of school and everyday after. He posted a few crazy things sporadically around the internet. He claims to have planned this out and had a thing for Giffords since 2007 (the year she was elected). Three years isn't that long to put on the perception of crazy, oh I almost forgot the quote from a former friend saying that when he turned 19 and flipped almost on a dime, from sane to crazy just like that.

Now I don't know, perhaps he does have an actual measurable mental illness, but I wonder if maybe he planned a little better than initially thought.

Edit to add 19 was also the year he began following Giffords
edit on 10-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

First let me say that my prayers go out to gabby,I live here in tucson so she was one of my represenitives and even though I hated her policies,I in no way support this kind of behavior.But I really doubt that this was politiclly motovatied,this appears to me to be the actions of a person thats not all there.As far as everyone trying to connect the dots we should hold off on jumping to any conclusions about him being influnced by conspiricy theories,politics,religion or anything else.We dont have to play the blame game here folks,this is what TPTB want so they can use this as a excuse to censor our speech,so they can use restrictive regulations for our guns and liberty,we must not let emotions over come and threaten our freedoms! I have all ready heard a sheriff in pima county attribute this to talk radio which is absurd.Also there are many people out here who listen to talk radio,perticapate on these websites who DONT go off killing people, and to say these practices incites violent behavior is pure madness. Just my thoughts.
P.S. excuse the grammer and spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
"His classmates noted that he disrupted class frequently with nonsensical outbursts, would talk about how he liked smoking marijuana, and did not seem to care what people thought of him"

Others claimed that he seemed like a normal kid.[2] He also played saxophone in his school's jazz program and is reported to be a fan of heavy metal music.

A big percentage of the population will say anything just to get on t.v (five minutes of fame).

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Oh hell, yall. We probably POST with the anti Christ here at ATS!
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Well, I suppose its comforting to know that instead of plotting to take over the world, the anti-Christ is probably currently living in his parent's basement, content to be on his comuter with a big bowl of froot loops in front of him as he types away on ATS.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join