It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret's Out: Internet Media Is Beginning to Report That Jared Loughner Is a Member Of Abovetop

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Oh yeah? In this thread, can you please quote the

"I've seen little condemnation, just a select minority desperate to justify and exonerate his beliefs. And pandering to wild conspiracy theories only helps to portray that delinquent as a martyr and not vilifying him as a homicidal manic"

you have encountered in thread to support your assertation. I have seen very little of what you speak OverAll, so I am curious why you are tossing acusations vaguely in my thread.

Thanks.

BTW your assertation calls out a select minority. Where are they? Examples or baseless.

And once we isolate this "select minority", what again are we left with?

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I'll boil this down real easy for the crowd of tin foil hat folks who don't understand what is happening here: this is nothing more than a mentally incapable person acting out in a violent manner that has been fueled by modern society. Anybody who doesn't understand that is nothing more than ignorant.

Well said.

I've seen little condemnation, just a select minority desperate to justify and exonerate his beliefs. And pandering to wild conspiracy theories only helps to portray that delinquent as a martyr and not vilifying him as a homicidal manic.

edit on Mon, 10 Jan 2011 09:09:39 -0600 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It might not have any sense at all, and can be just a wording coincidence.
But Rade3 in Syria is the unit of the special forces of the Syrian army.

However as ATSer's always say:
"Absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence"

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
And this should surprise anyone here?!? The internet conspiracy crowd is a MAGNET for the mentally derranged. Anybody who read these forums and thinks otherwise has no grasp of reality and doesn't understand the real world they live in.

I'll boil this down real easy for the crowd of tin foil hat folks who don't understand what is happening here: this is nothing more than a mentally incapable person acting out in a violent manner that has been fueled by modern society. Anybody who doesn't understand that is nothing more than ignorant.

I can't even believe this has went on for as many pages as it has, but I guess there is some PR and damage control that needs to be done, so whatever.

And this should surprise anyone here?!? The deception called TPTB reality is a MAGNET for the mentally derranged. Anybody who read these forums and thinks otherwise has no grasp of truth and doesn't understand the real world they live in.

I'll boil this down real easy for the crowd of blue bill addicts who don't understand what is happening here: this is nothing more than a mentally incapable person acting out in a violent manner that has been fueled by modern society, whom the leaders are fully responsible for their directions which caused those on the edge to take actions. There's no smoke without fire. Anybody who doesn't understand that is nothing more than ignorant.

I believe this has went on for as many pages as it has, but I guess there is some condolences that needs to be done for the sheeple, so whatever

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Made an error on a post that I could not correct, so here I go again.

ATS has shown forum etiquette that is truly commendable. I read all of ERAD3's posts (I think) yesterday and was impressed how posters responded with direct concern about his behavior within the realm of civility and humor. He was a very difficult person to communicate with and in the posts I read, he did not express any extreme political ideology that would indicate that he was a violent person or a threat to society. I do not feel that ATS will suffer any direct repurcussions from the actions of a poster with obvious mental instability and very little participation on this site. You can't punish everyone for one person's actions. If that were the case there would be alot of empty congressional seats!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
here in germany they are reporting that the SPLC is saying people who think that our money should be backed by gold or silver are extremist government haters...is this true?..is the SPLC really saying this?

wow...if they are im actually starting to worry...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by twohawks

I believe at the time the Democrats had control of both houses and voted nearly unanimously FOR the Patriot act as well as all the other amendments and regulations that have passed since! At least 60% of all the usurpation's since then have been put forward AND passed by the Democrats!

I have been sitting here since the first news broke trying to get all the info I could because I believed this would be used against anyone who believes in some sort of non-violent Patriotic recourse to the dismantling of our rights. So far everything I feared has happened in this regard. Those that would take away Constitutional rights have worked overtime and ignored any semblance of fairness in waiting for the facts to come to the forefront. It's shameful that so many have used this tragedy to further their agendas. Most of these agendas smack of Progressively unconstitutional means. Fact is the blame for this tragedy can be placed squarely on the minuscule shoulders of a deranged, misguided psychopath. Not on any opinions of anyone else. Not on the rights in our Constitution nor political discourse!

Zindo
edit on 1/10/2011 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I find this event is more important than most would think.

Oddly enough I wrote a 'scenario' in a thread not even 3 weeks ago.

I mentioned an event like this happening.

my reply on another thread

"False flag a townhall meeting. Make sure its gruesome. That way the people will open up to the idea of closed door meetings and a new "suggestion" boxes. This will cut off peoples direct relations with their cities leaders."

Not saying I am a prophet or anything, but I do find it very odd as my inspiration came from a story regarding the feds stance on rebellious citizens.

What do you guys think?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedAmnesiaHowever as ATSer's always say:
"Absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence"

Absence of evidence ... can be dealt with with the Search function ... Which, CLEARLY, Jared did NOT use.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

This is true, however it was the republican party that drafted it and both parties voted it in. My point was is that there is little difference between either party when it comes to striping us of our inalienable rights.

In response to your edit I totally agree

edit on 10-1-2011 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well, we all knew this was coming sooner or later. ATS is a pantomime of the real world. Daily events are played out on these forums with a sense of paranoid theatricality that at times could rattle even the most sane and level-headed among us. When a great tragedy occurs, we often look for someone or something to blame. More often than not, in times of great tragedy, members of ATS point fingers at "the government" or "TPTB". Comments have ranged from mild criticism to outright condemnation of world governments and the power elite, and it is easy to see how many could get worked up into a sense of frenzied paranoia over these statements.

A new tragedy occurred on Saturday, and as we struggle to understand how such a thing could happen, our online community is faced with a new worry: Jared Loughner was a member of ATS. Does this mean that we were somehow partially responsible for the deaths of 6 people and the wounding of others, and regardless of our own opinions, is that how the media, the U.S. government, and the general public will see it?

Jared Loughner clearly has psychological problems that are far beyond something that this website could cause. He is a very troubled young man, and I know that all other members of ATS would agree with me when I say that his actions were deplorable. Times such as these, however, are not just ones of public condemnation, but ones of personal reflection. I admit that I am taking a page out of Keith Olbermann's book when I ask us all to use this tragedy as an opportunity to think deeply on our own actions and words, particularly those on this site, which could have been interpreted or misconstrued as violent, aggressive, or a call to arms. This is not a time to point fingers or get defensive. It is not a time to pick sides. This is not the place for arrogant opinions about freedom of speech or whether anything said on ATS could have goaded an individual into such a violent act.

Those who knew Jared Loughner and were close to him are struggling with a sense of personal responsibility, and those of us who were not close to him; those who only knew him as erad3, or not at all, must struggle with a sense of public responsibility. While I am a strong believer in freedom of speech, it is times like this that remind us that although the U.S. views freedom of speech as a right, it is a privilege in the greater context of the world.

It was English author Edward Bulwer-Lytton who, in 1839, coined the phrase "The pen is mightier than the sword". With this quote, I ask that from now on we all think carefully about what we are posting before we post, rather than after. This is not to say that people must censor themselves, but rather that we must understand the context in which we speak. I myself have made regrettable comments on this site, as have many others at one time or another. I would like to take this moment to say that I am deeply and sincerely sorry if anything I have ever said here or elsewhere could be misconstrued as violent in any way. I often criticize my government, but I have never intended to come off as an advocate of violence or aggression. On the contrary, I am a believer in peace, and the power of peaceful protest. No act of violence ought ever to be condoned or validated. Only in this way can we build a world of peace, trust, and understanding, rather than one of violence, mistrust, and fear.

I hope that many, if not all, members of ATS will join me in the (belated) new-year's resolution of condemning all forms of violence and aggression in the hopes of building a more peaceful and understanding world.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
All you ATS Super-hats... has anyone even looked at this guys numbers.... scary!!

Jared Lee Loughner:
Born: 9-10-1988 = Life path 9 = 911988, 36, 18, 9, 666...

Date of Incident: 1-8-2011 = 9/2/11, 11/11...

times between date of birth and incident:

22 yrs 3 mos 30 days = 22/33, 10...
1165 weeks = 11/11
8156 days = 911

Look at all the 911's. He's got some major powerful numbers in there. 9, 10, 11, 18, 22, 33, 36 and 666.

If I was like a total paranoid conspiracy nut, I'd say this guy is no way smart enough to carry out his plan to coincide with 8156 days since his birth, knowing every numerologist in the world will see the 911 connection. Aside from the fact he'd have to coordinate the entire event with the Congresswomans Office....I mean come on, a 9 year old girl born on 9-11-01 just "happens" to be in the line of fire? The date of the shooting, 1-8-2011 just happens to be 9-2-11, or 11/11?

Is anyone looking at this?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RiverDawg

Just a bit more of the strange, The little girl that was murdered, I believe, was born on 9-01-01! Very strange indeed!

Zindo
edit on 1/10/2011 by ZindoDoone because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This is an interesting thing to read this morning, like someone said earlier there is likely some poor guy having to stay up all night reading peoples posts here and taking posts out of context, I could see a bad PR effect for us ATS'ers, 1 bad orange ruins the bunch.

For the record anybody in "government/police" that is reading everything I've ever said, Does not make me a conspiracy theorist/terrorist/criminal, It means I'm open minded and express feelings about alternative subjects.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I would not be shocked to read that police are trolling the forums, considering they can do anything else too.

It's not a good feeling that people that are in the news for killing groups of people are participating on discussions on here, it reminds you that a small group of people you see posting are actually taking the crazy things they say to heart, and are willing to die for their beliefs.

Someone else said that this is not the only killing from an ATS member, is their a thread about all the people? If so I have not found it and would be interested in reading it

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by twohawks
reply to post by ZindoDoone

This is true, however it was the republican party that drafted it and both parties voted it in. My point was is that there is little difference between either party when it comes to striping us of our inalienable rights.

Agree. The sooner that we will allow ourselves to admit to the fact that both parties are one and the same we can move past this us against them mentality that is dividing this country. Robert Redford once expressed his concern for this false picture of division that the parties present to the public. He was considering running for political office, but abrubtly changed his mind when he was invited to a closed door political gathering and witnessed a very close, almost uncomfortable relationship between party members that shocked him. Our reality is not their reality.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

~~~Begin Quote~~~
If I was like a total paranoid conspiracy nut, I'd say this guy is no way smart enough to carry out his plan to coincide with 8156 days since his birth, knowing every numerologist in the world will see the 911 connection. Aside from the fact he'd have to coordinate the entire event with the Congresswomans Office....I mean come on, a 9 year old girl born on 9-11-01 just "happens" to be in the line of fire? The date of the shooting, 1-8-2011 just happens to be 9-2-11, or 11/11?

Is anyone looking at this?
~~~End Quote~~~

I think its safe to say you're only 3/4'ths a paranoid conspiracy nut lol

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Jared was way too into numerology. Which is kind of like reading tea-leaves... Know what I mean?
Granted some of the things numerologists find is mind-blowing, but still... all tea-leaves and chicken bones.

EDIT: What I mean is, Jared PROBABLY choice his date of action because of the numbers it provided. Not proof, but forcing the theorem by his actions.
edit on 10-1-2011 by igigi because: Antikythera mechanism

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Folks...we will be portrayed as every kook that ever wore a tin foil hat and sat in a lead lined bunker reading Catcher In The Rye.

Look at what has been done to Palin's Political Target Map... taken totally out of context....as WE WILL BE also.

In fact, if we ever wondered if the Feds came here...they are now...reading all the posts in real time...HI GUYS.... just like a police tail on a Mob Cadillac.

Further, you know they have transcripts of every post and profiles on everyone here...... Hi GUYS....

Then there are the media outlets that have some poor neophyte reporter sitting up til 3am reading all the stuff here... and putting the Reader's Digest Version on the editor's desk by 7am... so that the world will now know all about ATS.

Then in come the real kooks...and the drive by wreck watchers... not really interested, but too good to turn away...just want to see what happens next.

This place will look like WalMart on BlackFriday after Thanksgiving... where's the EXIT?

I really think you're giving this site too much weight/importance to the big bad guys... At most the text is scanned and trigger words weeded out. Then MAYBE a human will get involved to look at that flagged item. But probably not even at that point. It'd take several flags to trigger a human getting involved. Just think about the volume of nonsense just on this ONE site. Multiply that by all the other sites out there. It's impossible for humans to monitor it all - or even a small portion of it. Just doesn't happen.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I can't seem to "get" his membership here as having such a devastating effect on the site. It's painful that so many people have been murdered by someone who is deranged and homicidal.

Do people belittle J.D. Salinger because Mark David Chapman had a copy of Catcher in the Rye in his pocket when he killed Lennon?

The aspersion has been cast. Like everything else, it will blow over for ATS.

edit on 1/10/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

People may not have belittled Salinger, but it did cause sales of his book to skyrocket (relatively) for quite a while afterwards.

So although he was not blamed, it did have an impact.

I think the same will be true here. The lurker count will significantly increase, the registered user count probably a little less so. The result of that will probably be a wash: an equal amount of good & bad new content.

ATS has nothing to apologize for, and they certainly don't have anything to worry about from a legal standpoint. It may cost them some money re: attorney fees to ensure that their rights are protected, but they will also probably pick up a few new advertisers/sponsors because of the notoriety.

If I had to guess, I'd say this will turn out to be a net positive for them.

Standard disclaimers apply - your mileage may vary, void where prohibited, etc....

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
i looked at the youtube video the other day and thought damn; this guys is talking crazy like that guy from a thread i was in a few months back. but his video seemed like he tried to assimilate shared posts in the thread that differed from his original prognosis in his op.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I gotta give props to our ATS folks. We found erad3 like what...a couple hours after the event? not to bad.

As far as what it will do to ATS...well, there is a old marketing slogan, all press is good press. Many will come to check out his posts, and while there, they may start noticing subjects they are interested in..become informed, and take part.

ATS itself will be fine. I think in pretty much all the threads and posts he made, over and over people reacted to him pretty accurately. He was not given some special podium to discuss his crazy, most had no clue wtf he was talking about, plenty called a spade a spade. ATS in this case has become a cause for good in some small respects in regards to recording a crazy person's mindset. This for him may be the difference between life and death literally as it documents a rather clear broken mind.

Anyhow, I doubt there was any secret to this. I would actually expect that the mods contacted the police to help out in evidence collecting. lets hope that the threads and posts he made work out to gain whatever the most positive results are in this case...not sure what that may be, but some sort of cosmic "rightness".

I have two minds about him personally. One side of me believes he should simply face a firing squad, but another side of me simply believes this is a broken person whom may not even be in control of his own mind..like a brainwashing of sorts that needs more reprogramming than simply killing. Times like this makes me glad I am not a judge, because this puts me in a dilemma. I don't hate the kid..I feel very sad for him. Mental illness truely is a game changer.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join