It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who gains from all this madness?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This evening I stumbled upon and opinion piece on the Wall Street Journals website entitled "A Turning Point in the Discourse, but in Which Direction?"

In it, rather than attempting to place blame on outside influences which may or may not have motivated the actions of Jared Lee Loughner, the author gives the reader a brief history lesson regarding some of tumultuous periods in American politics. 

An excerpt:

Modern America has endured such moments before. The intense ideological clashes of the 1960s, which centered on Communism and civil rights and Vietnam, were marked by a series of assassinations that changed the course of American history, carried out against a televised backdrop of urban riots and self-immolating war protesters. During the culture wars of the 1990s, fought over issues like gun rights and abortion, right-wing extremists killed 168 people in Oklahoma City and terrorized hundreds of others in Atlanta’s Centennial Olympic Park and at abortion clinics in the South.

The rest of the article is really good, so give it a go.

Now, in no way am I attempting to downplay what happened. A loss of life is a loss of life. 

But it irks me to no end the way the media, public figures, politicians and etc...react to these things. Is it ratings? An agenda? Party Politics? General concern?

What has become of us and where will it end?

IMO, In a way this all kinda harkens back to the Columbine shooting where the talking heads and everyone else tried to place the blame where blame probably wasn't due.

Odds are this guy was just a disturbed individual. I'm sure he had motivations, political or otherwise, but to place blame recklessly is embarrassing.

I ask again...

What has become of us and where will it end?

What are your thoughts on how this has been handled, dear ATS friends? Or am I completely off the mark here?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
My thoughts are this.

Isn't it already illegal to shoot someone.
Isn't it already illegal to kill someone.

If congress feels the need to pass
a new law, are they not admiting
a failure in their stewardship
of existing laws.

David Grouchy

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Who gains from all this madness?

To me the shooting was a test run (probably one of many)on how the public would react in a "Violent Revolution" the style of George Soros orgs are advocating. Part of the maddness is to use said orgs and employees to pin the act to another leading political figure. The old fart is 80 already, doesn't have much time to "CHANGE" the World anymore.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The media are now going full swing to paint 'conspiracy theorists' as nutjobs, that their comments are often irresponsible, delusional, mushroom induced, causing others to kill.

The truth is, so long as you question the media or the authorities or their handlers, you are a nutjob and am ready to kill as many people as possible. That is what the media and the authorities are attempting to do now. To stifle opposition.

If there had been no fire, there would have been no smoke. Never forget that. That's how questions for the truth arises. But the media and the authorities does not allow you to question about the fire, and if so, you are a mentally unstable and unsound person capable of murder.

Let's see how far they dare push it, then the masses will know the sacred Constitution is no more and Tyranny, along with bootlickers, will rule the land.
edit on 9-1-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

I'm curious about the statements you've made IRT George Soroes in your post. Can you explain or provide links?

join