It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets share some of our paranormal experiences

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

I have been wanting to do an EVP session with the entity here in my house. Is it possible to do an EVP with a computer? I've been thinking about getting a microphone for recording vocals(I'm a musician of sorts) so that would actually be better then a tape recorder.

As far as the history of the house goes, it's a new house, so there's no history. It's possible the she is attached to the area in general, which may have been farmland at one point.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by prexparte
reply to post by doctorvannostren

it is very eerie feeling being there. you can feel the sadness the dispair. Share, share. I know this area is extremely active.

Well we spent 2 weeks at the firing range which is secluded from the rest of the base, and the little bit of reality we could salvage from our daily routine. The fire alarms would go off constantly in the middle of the night, and the power never stayed on. All that I just attributed to the Corps' lack of funding. But one night I swear I heard a platoon of recruits marching and screaming diddys. Then I remembered hearing a story about a DI years ago getting drunk and marching his platoon in the swamps causing recruits to drown. Our DIs knew stuff wasnt normal too because they made us tape blankets around the windows so we could sleep in pitch black. Several nights I would wake up and hear what sounded like normal daytime training going on outside and it would be like 3 am.
Then we went to Page Field at the conclusion of the cycle which was just as eerie. Its an abandoned WW2 airstrip. It was winter too so it was cold, wet, foggy, and always clowdy. I do have a pretty big imagination and was pretty starved, but I could not stop hearing crazy stuff at night. I have a feeling that if someone ever went out there without 60 other young men by their side they would really have some good stories.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Years ago, when I was 16 or 17, I had a Ouija board that I tried using several times by myself but it never did anything. When I wasn't messing around with it, I kept it stored under my bed in its box. One day I came home from school and I was an emotional train wreck...I was very upset and angry. I went into my room and just totally lost it and collapsed upon my bed. Then all of a sudden I heard this scratching/scrapping sound and it was coming out from under my bed. The only thing under my bed was my Ouija board. I got up, looked under the bed and the scratching sound was coming from the box the board was in. It scared the bejeebies out of me because I thought it was a demon feeding off my negative emotional state/energy and making the Ouija pointer move inside the box. Needless to say, I immediately got rid of the Ouija board by burning it in the trash barrel outside. I've never touched a Ouija board since and never will again. Fast forward some 25 years later, I sometimes wonder if whatever that evil thing was that made the pointer scratching inside the box is following me around today. It kind of creeps me out to think about it.

Another time, when I was in my early 20s, I made a round trip, non stop (not including stops for gas and food, of course) drive from Albuquerque to Denver and back to Albuquerque. Dumb, I know. But it was a fun adventure for me at that time. I had just got out of Santa Fe heading south and fell asleep at the wheel. Then all of a sudden I heard something (guardian angel?) shout "Wake up!" The voice sounded liked...a thunder clap. That's the only way I can describe it. I was jolted awake by the voice and found myself heading straight into oncoming north bound traffic. I panicked and tried to get my car under control but couldn't. Something took control of my steering wheel and got me back into my own south bound lane. Of course, all of this happened within a split second but it actually felt like time stood still at that very moment for me. It was all very surreal. After that experience, I was wide awake and alert the rest of the way into Albuquerque.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Reply to post by NadaCambia

hahahaha never thought of that one lol. next person that hears it at my house thats what im gonna tell them. jumanji!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gingerkoala
About 6 months ago my fiance and I were both jolted awake by an undeniable presense in our bedroom. It was around 3 am I think, and very startling. The presense was suffocating, thick; like it has shaken us out of our sleep and demanded our attention. We're both very deep sleepers, so this is very unusual for us. I was pulled from my sleep so quickly that I actually sat up in bed and mumbled "What was that..." while he just sat there, wide awake, dazed. Then all the sudden, roughly 15 seconds later, it felt as if someone had pulled all the energy out of the room and that was that. Very odd.

It might not sound like much, but I was shaken so much I had a difficult time getting back to sleep. I've never felt that enveloped by a presense before. It was so, so, so strong. Anyone else ever experience anything like this?

Interesting story. I have had many situations that were very similar in nature to what you described.

I actually posted two of them, one just the other day. If u click on my profile you'll see both threads.

I would love to contribute to this thread, but I'm lying in bed and extremely tired. I'll have to jump online tomorrow morning, in a few hours when I get to work

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I was house-sitting for my aunt 2 years back while she and her husband were out of town. My girlfriend and I were asleep when i woke up and saw a strange green light coming from down the hallway. She woke up and asked me what was wrong and i said i thought i saw a strange light. She just told me to stop talking about it because i was scaring her haha.

A little bit later i was awaken by one of her dogs whining in the kitchen. I got up to let them outside only to find out that the sliding glass door to the back yard was open! I woke up my girlfriend and asked if maybe she had left it open and she said no. I specifically made sure that all the doors were closed and locked before bed because she has a couple indoor cats i didn't want escaping on my watch. We walked outside with the dogs and i heard what i thought were footsteps on the roof, and little stones and dirt was falling from the roof like someone was walking fast. But when i looked there was no one or nothing on the roof at all! So at this point we got pretty spooked and quickly rounded the dogs up and went inside.

This is just one of a couple of paranormal experiences i've had in the past. Maybe ill post another a bit later i am about to go to sleep.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

reply to post by NadaCambia

good share thanks...so this spirit is gone know?

I don't know. I don't usually post in this section, I'm only here because yesterday while turning around to talk to a friend(in my kitchen), I saw what I swear was a white humanoid figure hover and blend in and out of view. I must have made a facial expression of merit because my mate quickly turned around to see what had my stumped.

Or maybe I'm a raging lunatic. I don't know. But yesterday made me think maybe there is something to it. Maybe not ghosts or an afterlife, but some sort of dimensional lapse. I've heard people talking about dimensions like radio frequencies, that makes sense to me from a purely theoretical view. Or like I say, maybe I had a brain lapse and just imagined it up. Maybe my vision was temporarily corrupted.

My Mum, who believes in this stuff, believes its gone. I forgot to mention that actually. She mentioned it to one of her weird professional ghost whisperer friends, and she 'banished' it. Or, my Mums friend is crazier than all of us

I have read and considered what we consider are spirit/paranormal maybe infact alien/ufo encounters, this is as reasonable as considering spirits/paranormal.
Demensional pull? please explain this concept. New to me and im very interested. One time about 2 years ago I swear I entered some sort of a differnet demension.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by zyrna539

I have been wanting to do an EVP session with the entity here in my house. Is it possible to do an EVP with a computer? I've been thinking about getting a microphone for recording vocals(I'm a musician of sorts) so that would actually be better then a tape recorder.

As far as the history of the house goes, it's a new house, so there's no history. It's possible the she is attached to the area in general, which may have been farmland at one point.

Yes she maybe attacked to the land itself. You should do a history check from your local historian, they can dig up the oddest past events.
Yes a computer with proper equipment works great. I haev done evp session with my computer...let me knwo the outcome.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Is there anyway you can get back to those areas and record the activity? if you can and you do get hard evidence I bet TAPS would love to investigate those areas.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by KoRupT

Thank you for sharing and cant wait for the next

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Is there anyway you can get back to those areas and record the activity? if you can and you do get hard evidence I bet TAPS would love to investigate those areas.

The only way i could see that happening would be if the entire area was no longer under military control. Technically a Marine can travel freely around the base but I dont think he would be authorized way back in the woods where they train recruits because of all the live-fire exercizes and stuff. Unless you know the commanding officer of whatever company happens to be back there at the time, I dont see anybody getting the opporutunity to record anything until uncle sam takes boot camp elsewhere. Plus, I personally would never go back there again. Im way too chicken.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Several years ago, when all of these so called "ghost hunting" shoes were just starting up, my friends and I would go "ghost hunting" on a pretty routine basis.

We went to the scariest places we could find, and generally would leave empty handed. Keep in mind however, we were just a bunch of bored 18-24 yr olds, and lacked all the high tech gadgetry most of the people on these shows have. We used a digital camcorder, with night vision, a few digital cameras for still photos, a couple flash lights, and our wits

The most memorable location was an abandoned house known locally as "the cooper house." Kevin Cooper was a criminally insane man who escaped from a prison for the insane and went into a family's home, bludgeoning every member of the family to death. He was caught, as one of the children survived, and as of now sits on death row here in Cali.

On the morning of June 5, 1983, Bill Hughes arrived at a semi-rural home in Chino Hills, California where his 11-year-old son Christopher had spent the night. Inside, he found Douglas and Peggy Ryen, their 10-year-old daughter Jessica and his own son dead. They had been chopped with a hatchet, sliced with a knife, and stabbed with an ice-pick. Josh Ryen, the 8-year-old son of Douglas and Peggy, had survived. His throat had been cut. The family station wagon was gone; it was discovered several days later in Long Beach, California, about 50 miles west of Chino Hills. The mother's purse was in plain sight on the kitchen counter, but no money had been taken.

The house had sat empty for over two decades, as no one wanted to move into a home with that kind of history. We went there a total of three times for various reasons, as we figured there had to be some residual energy after such a traumatic and evil event had taken place there.

The first time we went, it took us a little over an hour to get there, and we were pretty lost since we werent from that area, and being a rural area, it was pitch dark (no street lights). We finally found it, and I must say, we knew it was the place as soon as it came into view. The chain link fence around the house with signs that said "keep out! No Trespassing! Violators Will Be Posecuted" wasnt what gave it away, it was the awful sinking feeling we all felt as we drove closer. The whole drive there had been jovial, the four of us had been laughing and listening to music, suddenly we all were dead silent, no one needed to speak, we all felt it. After driving all the way there, we were too afraid to even exit the vehicle. Finally, we coaxed ourselves out, and just walked the perimeter of the home, taking it all in. We took several pictures of the exterior of the house, and were looking for a way in. The fence was about 10 feet high, all the way around, and the windows of the home were all boarded up.

Suddenly, a spotlight hit us and we ordered to leave by the local police. Apparently, a neighbor had seen us driving around lost, and figured we didnt belong there, alerting the police. They were nice enough, and since we hadnt actually trespassed, we were just told to go home.

We waited about a week before we went back. This time, we knew what to expect, and prepared accordingly. We parked about a mile down the road, and approached on foot, dressed all in black, silent, and without light of any kind. We climbed the fence, and found one of the windows where the boards were loose enough to just move to the side. We climbed in, and realized we were in a kitchen. The house had a VERY eerie feel to it. It appeared that nothing had been changed since the day the crime took place. Most of the furniture was still there, although yellowed and covered in layers of cob webs and dust. The house was pitch black inside due to the windows being boarded, not even the moonlight could enter. Immediately, our flashlights started to malfunction. The funny thing is we made sure to bring new flashlights, with fresh batteries. The only light source we had at that point was our cell phones which didnt help much, and only added to creepiness of the place. We walked single file throughout the home, taking pics and video of each room, noticing the bedrooms still had the brown blood stains on the carpet. The house was a one story, ranch style home, but huge. It seemed to go on for ever. I was last in line, and kept stopping and turning around, swearing I was hearing footsteps behind me, every time I'd turn and shine my phone, nothing was there. Each one of us remarked at least once that they strongly felt like they were being watched.

We made it through the whole house, and were standing still, quietly discussing our next move, looking through the pictures. My friend said, "guys I think you should see this!" he showed us how in some rooms, the flash showed a normal dusty old room, in other pictures, it looked like there was a snow storm going on. We were trying to figure out a logical explanation when we suddenly heard glass shattering. It was coming from one of the rooms we had already walked through. We froze and realized, someone was in the house with us! We panicked and ran as fast as we could through the house, back to the kitchen, and one at a time climbed through the window. We had to be cautious because there was broken glass on the window and it was snagging out clothes. We helped each other through the window as quickly as we could, I was the last one out. I had one leg swung over outside, and one leg still in the kitchen when we heard footsteps approaching the kitchen. I froze and looked at the entryway expecting some transient or pissed off cop to come into view. Nothing was there and the foot steps stopped. Suddenly the door to the kitchen slammed with the force of a car accident. The entire house shook, and I literally saw the door bust off the hinges!!
Needless to say, we all turned white and ran as fast as we could, I dont remember climbing the 10ft fence, but I most likely leaped over it and kept running. We ran the whole mile back to the car and drove home in silence.

I wish I could say that was the last time I went there, but I got a call from my friend the next day, he had lost his phone and wanted to go back for it. We went back the next night, thinking it had to be outside the house, most likely the area where we climbed out the window. We searched for hours, and it was nowhere to be seen outside. Finally we summed up enough guts to look inside. Strangely enough it was sitting upright on a kitchen counter, no where near where we had walked past, like someone had picked it up and placed it there. We grabbed it, and got the hell out of there, this time never to return.

This was some time ago, and Ive been through several computers, and lost touch with most of those guys, otherwise I would post some of the pictures. It gives me goosebumps to this day when I think about it.

edit on 11-1-2011 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

applauds for you and your friends for being gutsy enough to go into this home. WIsh I was there with you. Im sure re I would had run out a fast as you adn your friends did, heck maybe I would had pushed you all back so I could get out first, anyhow gerat share thanks.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I have had alot of experiences though out my life, so I will share one of them for you.......
The year is 1987 19 years old, I had been out on the tiles it was 2.am, I decided to use shank's pony to get home (walking). I made my way through town and eventually to the town end of the Ferry Bridge
As seen in this Video(btw not me its something random on the said bridge on youtube)
So I began to walk across the bridge, I noticed in the distance figures in period costume gathered periodically along the bridge. I approached a group of these figures but they simply disappeared like weird jets of fog....(like underwater cloud) its hard to explain mist with density. As I passed each group of apparitions they seemed to disappear. I made my way to the oldest and final part of the bridge at which point I was greeted by dancing pairs of apparitions and off the bridge, in the water, small boats with elegantly dressed occupants were rowing from one side of the river to the other. I looked back along the bridge and most of the apparitions that had disappeared were once again strolling along the bridge. I made my way from the bridge and home.
I relayed my experience the following day to family and friends but most put it down to being drunk.....FYI I wasn't drunk......
The only one who was not surprised was my mother who had had similar experiences on the bridge.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Back in Highschool, some friends and I decided to check out the local "Cry Baby Bridge". The story of the bridge is that some man found out his new born baby wasn't his, killed his whole family, and threw the baby from the bridge. The legend goes that at night you can hear a baby cry, blah blah blah cliche ghost story stuff. Despite our skepticism we were extremely bored and had nothing better to do. We drove to the bridge, parked, and got out. We stood around the bridge area in silence for about five minutes before my friend Trent decided to walk out onto the bridge, and just as he reached the middle of it a baby's cry can be heard, loud, and seemingly resonating from all around us. The sound was unmistakable, clearly a baby crying. We couldn't believe what we were hearing. Mouths agape, we stood trading expressions of shock, fear, and excitement. We decided that we had to pick up our friend Storm and show him, knowing he starts tearing up just from the thought of ghosts. On our way back, we were driving down a lighted street, less than two minutes away from the bridge, when Storm suddenly screams "WTF is that!?", and we all turned to see the strangest thing I had ever seen in my life. It looked like an eight foot tall, extremely dark-skinned man, bald head, crossing the street on all fours, with inverted hind legs like on a deer. At this moment it looked right at us, and used it's tremendous hind legs to leap the rest of the distance to the other side of the street and over the mound on the other side. Needless to say, a tire screeching U-turn ensued, and we drove back to Storm's to try and figure out what we had just seen.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Thanks for the good advice! However, I'm a little apprehinsive about going to see a historian to get information about a haunting. But it would be a good place to start. An EVP will be the next step, and I will be sure to let you know if anything comes of it.

I almost wonder if this entity has been following me around for years. In my old house I used to get kind of creeped out as kid, when I played alone in the basement. Sometimes it would feel like someone was watching me. When I was teenager I had a bedroom down there. I could never sleep with the door open, because I felt like some kind of shadowy figure would walk in. What's interesting about that is I had no prior knowledge about shadow people, but was very certain that a black figure may walk in while I was asleep. Perhaps I was psychically tuned into this thing's existence? By the same token it may have just been paranoia. I can't recall anything particularly paranormal occuring in that house.
edit on 11-1-2011 by zyrna539 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
You can totally get EVPs with a laptop.

The first EVPs I ever recorded were with my macbook. I simply turned on audacity, went to preferences and made sure the built in mic was selected and started recording. You have to play around with the settings since the built in mic will automatically feedback...but it can be done. Just find the right setting.

An external microphone would probably eliminate the feedback issue, and you can usually a cheapo one at radio shack etc. Or chances are you know someone with one that will let you borrow it. Just be prepared to confirm what you already know.

I got replies immediately, some don't. It probably helped that I spent a year watching evp videos on youtube so the ghost in my house already knew that to do.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhxManX
Years ago, when I was 16 or 17, I had a Ouija board that I tried using several times by myself but it never did anything.

That happens a lot. Quite often, entities come through and don't reveal themselves.

Then people think nothing happened and don't worry about sending them back...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PhxManX

Extreme experiences with the driving to say the least. am glad you made it safely. Reminds me of 1994. my husband had been sent to colorado springs, co. we lived in small town name woodland park. I had a sportty little corvette. Middle of winter driving down the mountain to colorado springs for shopping. I should not had been driving a small sporty car on the roads this day, Had been snowing and below zero. I had never been around black ice as I am from the southwest desert area. I was driving approaching a bend on the highway the bend had guardrails to keep traffic separatedhe black ice, I hit the black ice just at the start of the black ice bend, I had never experinced before and my reaction almost took my life. I was swerving out of control and what I saw happening was me hitting the guardrail at some 50 plus miles per hour. Suddenly I knew an imminent accident was about to happen. I closed my eyes just as I was maybe 2 or 3 feet form the guardrail, my car was directly facing the guardrail, I wasnt in the lane properly, my car was in a angeled drive by know, I let go of the wheel, thinking this is it, plus i was like mindless, numb (dumb I know) with a flash I saw my entire life I was not intune to the know it was like I was not even there at that seconds. When i opened my eyes I was past the bend and had complete nof the car...amamzing and weird.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zyrna539

maybe you think it was or is paranoia because you been told this to many times or because in general those who dont believe in paranormal consider us who do are parnoid or crazy. Anyhow according to taps they dont believe in spirits following people around. I do, sometimes I wonder if I have a resdient spirit that follows me. It seems 1 in 3 homes I live in have paranormal acitivty. I move alot because of my husband profession. Or it could be I do beleive in paranormal/spirit activites. And with this I am my susepticle to feeling seeing hearing them. Why are you apprehensive to talking to a historian? Maybe you will come to realize in the past it will be proven things happen on the bridge that bridge that will authentice your expereince?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join