It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets share some of our paranormal experiences

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I was in a bowling alley when I was 15 and had bowling pins floating. It went on for about 6 - 8 minutes or so. I made a thread about it in more detail. The people bowling next to me got really freaked out and left.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
The drawback is that on occasion, once you start asking questions, 'things' note that you're paying them attention, and it seems like word gets around.

I wouldn't mess with it.

IF, and that's a strong IF, there are spirits somehow roaming around, sometimes wanting to be noticed, any acknowledgment that you are responsive would logically bring more in, vying for your attention.

About that cold?

It's a complete absence of any warmth, bone-deep, the greatest, fastest, deepest, coldest chill you'll ever experience. Words can't begin to do it justice.

And trust me when I say that even an outdoor temperature of 113F affects it, and every hair is standing on end.

you are right in the sense a entity actualy entered yrou body or went through your body. No entity entered my body, it was next to me.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
i have used one. my friend brought a little tape recorder over he had. we got to partying had a little buzz and he popped it out of his pocket and asked if i wanted to do an evp i said sure. he was at a previous party i had where a closet door opened up and a teddy bear rolled out and i think that recorder was burning his pocket wanting to use it lol... ok we was drunk asking questions for hours it seemed like and once we finished that we sat there listening to see what we caught. maybe 5 mins in the clip we hear something. my friend says "i demand you to come upstairs" right after that you hear what sounds like im never on the stairs or im already up stairs. idk its hard to hear whats said at first. its deep, loud, and scratchy sounding at the start. it sounds like iummm nmmmraa on naa stairs. you can clearly hear stairs. to me it sounds like a kids voice like when one just woke up and says something like i dont wanna go to school. anyways thats the only evp we caught other than what sounds like a dog bark

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

No, I didn't...but I was always super creeped out while taking a shower...and a neighbor told me that there was a rape in the house before we moved in. The previous tenants were young ladies. One of the ladies sunbathed out on the front porch (not very bright, I know!)...but I always felt like it had been an in home childcare facility because there were many low-hung coat hooks in the laundry room and because of the giant playroom. If I have time, I will look into it, but I can't make any promises. I don't live near there anymore and I have a day job,m 4 growing boys and a growing music ministry/career...so I don't have much free time...and I usually spend that free time here and keeping up with ol' friends on FB.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

My son and his wife felt activity in their apartment, knowing how i am about this they asked me to figure it out. They left I did a evp session, wow what i recorded floored all of us. First repsosne was, I asked it to knock 3 times, I did it on the table then said like that, I got a repsonse to it with 3 light knock swishing sounds, next thing i heard was, I asked it are you a child ( because my son and his wife said they always heard alot of running around like children) it answered no in a very deep kinda scarry voice. Then I asked it, what is it you want, my sons name is steven, it responded with these exact words... 'I WANT STEVEN" extremely clear, it was a male type voice, I heard all this after the evp session when i downloaded it on my computer, my son his wife and a few neighbors were iwth me when i was listening back at it. it scarred them, not me, by know I am use to spirit/paranormal activity.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by staciebee

for future you should have a recorder, they are great little tools. I recomemd olympus voice and mps recorder best one out there for the price, find it at walmart

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
im getting tired, need to sleep, Cant wait until tomorrow morning to read what everyone has to share...thanks all and good night

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

It's weird. For most of my life...from childhood to my early twenties, I had no paranormal experiences. It started at my parent's house before the move to Beaumont. I posted about the experiences there in my intro thread and posts within. Then the experiences in our own home in Beaumont...and then a strange experience at the farm during my separation from my husband that I have since linked to UFOs/aliens (also written about in intro thread and posts within)...no ghostly phenomenon for a while and no UFO sightings, etc. since my 33rd birthday...but then, I am only 34!

I don't have the money to buy a recording device, but these days, I often have my smartphone on me...so if I see anything, I will attempt to capture it. Back in Beaumont I didn't even have a cellphone! And no camera for the longest time. When I finally got one, my second oldest stood on top of our buffet one day and chunked it on the ground...so back to no camera! But like I said, I have one on my phone now.

If you want to read about a few of my other experiences not posted here, feel free to go to my profile and read my intro thread, "Lurker Comes Out of Hiding".

If you want to see a photo of a possible UFO I captured on an old cell phone by accident, shoot me your email through U2U.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Well, I have a story that might be of interest. It's kind of a long story, and pretty weird. I don't talk that much about it, because I don't people to think I'm some kind of wierdo(which they probably do anyways, haha) but I figure this forum is a suitable place to discuss the activity that takes place in my house. I mentioned it, in part, in the other paranormal experience thread, but I'm pretty eager to discuss it with open minded people that might actually take it seriously.

The first part of this happened in 2005, when I was 19. I woke up very suddenly in the middle of the night and found that there was a shadowy figure standing at the end of my bed. I was unable to move at all, or yell out (which I very much wanted do as I was scared out of my mind). The figure was 5 foot 4 inches(or so) in height and had a head-to-shoulder ratio that a woman would typically have. I fell asleep after freaking out for about a minute or so.

The next part of this story takes place in 2007. I was dating this chick at the time, and she had a friend that claimed he was "friends" with a "ghost girl" that hung around outside my house. Neither of us took this guy seriously at all, and we figured he was trying to get attention or something. While we were talking about this in my bedroom, we heard a loud clattering sound in the other room (my dad's office) When we went in there to see what this sound was, we discovered that an empty glass had inexplicably fallen into the floor. There was no real reason why this should have occured. I still, however refused to believe that there was a prescence in my house.

That skepticism changed last year when I actually witnessed a large black shadow fly first through a friend's bedroom and then through the living room of my house. I went to bed an hour after seeing it in the living room and had the distinct feeling that there was something in the room with me. I told it to leave, that I wanted sleep, and to leave my house. However the feeling of being watched did not stop, and when I got up to smoke a cigarette I found that my cat had urinated in my jacket. There was a big puddle of it there, and it did not soak in due to the fabric that the jacket was made of(some kind of plastic material). When I got back with cleaning supplies 3-4 minutes later, the puddle was GONE. A good 2 cups-worth of urine had simply vanished without even leaving any moisture on the jacket. I took this to be absolute proof of a supernatural encounter.

In the months after that I heard lots of rustling and banging sounds coming from the storage room next to my bedroom. Some of these were pretty loud sounds, and would completely wake me from a sound sleep. I also saw a fuzzy gray orb travel through my bedroom, disappearing into the wall.

In September I saw the entity as a shadow person on two occasions. One, humorously enough was while watching Ghostbusters on Youtube. During the opening scene of the movie a wispy black figure ran through my dad's office at top speed.. It was very distinct, very dark, and had blue eyes. I say wispy, because there was a trail, or something coming off the edges of it that blended into the darkness of the room. It was the same height as the shadow person at the end of my bed in 2005.

I'll quickly describe the second encounter, and then wrap this up. I was walking past the hallway that leads to the storage room and bathroom, and saw her again. All the lights were out, and all I could see was a pair of red eyes a little ways down the hall. There were beams coming out of the eyes, which looked back and forth 180 degrees without seeming to notice me. I was rooted to the spot in fear, and just stared at her for about a minute before quickly going outside.

Since then I have seen many random shadows both in my room and outside in the office, but no fully formed appartions. There was a loud banging sound under the stairs a couple weeks ago that was loud enough to make my dogs start barking.

I don't really see this as being a big deal, though I wonder what in the world this thing is, and why it's hanging around me. It's pretty strange. I'm not really sure what is so interesting about me, perhaps it's because I'm paying attention to her?

I welcome any comments and questions.
edit on 10-1-2011 by zyrna539 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2011 by zyrna539 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zyrna539

great First you should do some EVP sesions. Ask if she is a female, ask its name, ask if it knows you cant see it, ask questions. Second, do ahistory check on the house at the library or through your local historian. Find out what the past has to tell us. From what you are saying it hasnt tried to hurt you? It seems like it likes you and wants to communicate with you. The longer you wait if it is trying to communicate, the more unknowns will happen and could eventually become aggressive to get your closer attention. Im not saying im right, however it would do no harm to try. Maybe she doesnt know she is dead, maybe she needs help crossing over.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by staciebee

If you have a local Kmart you can put a recording device on layaway. If the device is $100.00 you would put $15.00 down and $15.00 every 2 weeks. ALso if you have a microphone for the computer you can set it up in the most active area. Leave it for a night recording onto your computer. make sure you ask some questions before youleave the room. You can also cam it at the same time. I have used this method before i bought the recording device. Hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Is your husband by any chance a Marine who was transferred to Parris Island to be a Drill Instructor? I know Beaford is the Nearest town outside of the base. I didnt believe in ghosts or any of that stuff before, but after being there for 13 weeks I have plenty of ghost stories. Its just a really eerie feeling being in those woods.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctorvannostren
Is your husband by any chance a Marine who was transferred to Parris Island to be a Drill Instructor? I know Beaford is the Nearest town outside of the base. I didnt believe in ghosts or any of that stuff before, but after being there for 13 weeks I have plenty of ghost stories. Its just a really eerie feeling being in those woods.

My husband was working at Parris Island, but, he is a contractor who builds military housing communities, he was doing those home in the swamp areas, that were built on stilts.
I lived at 8 Bent oak dr Ladys Island Sc.
Glad tohear Im not alone with what was happening there.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by doctorvannostren

it is very eerie feeling being there. you can feel the sadness the dispair. Share, share. I know this area is extremely active.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
When I was younger and we first moved into this house, I could have swore it was haunted. It got so bad at one point(while nobody else was in the house, and it was night) that I seriously entertained the idea somebody was living in the loft, and went up there with a big rambo knife
Then I got a feeling of someone walking under the loft and heard my bedroom door swing. Phew, my brother is back and I can stop weirding myself out. Only, there was nobody in my room, or in the house. I got freaked to such a level that I went into the front garden and waited for my parents to get home. Anyway I just put it down to a new house, different houses have a way of making different noises. And the skeptic in me convinced myself I was just a young kid making a big deal out of noisy pipes and wind circulation.

A few years later and my Mum swears she saw a ghost at the end of her bed. Young guy, mid 30s, wearing an old leather jacket. This is what weirded me out, because unbeknown to my Mother, the last person who lived here died in a motorcycle accident. I know this because I once caught a taxi, and like a cliched Hollywood scene the taxi driver started questioning me on living at number 4 and got to talking about his friend who'd passed away lived here. Whether my Mum had heard that to I don't know. My Mums last boyfriend claims to have seen the same. But he was generally a wind up merchant and I wouldn't be surprised if he just created the story for the sake of it.

However I've had several friends over who, upon returning from the bathroom, have asked who is upstairs. And gone on to accuse me of wandering around and generally playing tricks on them

Probably the strangest incident for mine was when we lost the main set of keys, and a few months later they turned up on the fireplace, directly on the center of the fireplace. Which was, yeah, pretty odd. Another time my Mums car key turned up in my sock drawer(that could be my brother playing with me, he's like that lol, but swears he didn't)

For years I've discarded the idea as I've never seen any plausable proof for 'ghosts'. And everything I think I've seen has been corner of the eye undefinable shadows and lighting. Nothing that I'd consider proof. But someone more inclined and faithful I'm sure, like my Mum, would swear on their lifes our house is out and out haunted.

Generally though the 'incidents' decreased dramatically over the years. So if the house was haunted I'd think it was a benevolent ghost with a good sense of humour.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

good share thanks...so this spirit is gone know?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
what i find odd about the paranormal in my house is you can hear what sounds like a constant faint drum beat from a wall

Maybe you have a Jumanji board in your walls

2nd line

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by prexparte
reply to post by NadaCambia

good share thanks...so this spirit is gone know?

I don't know. I don't usually post in this section, I'm only here because yesterday while turning around to talk to a friend(in my kitchen), I saw what I swear was a white humanoid figure hover and blend in and out of view. I must have made a facial expression of merit because my mate quickly turned around to see what had my stumped.

Or maybe I'm a raging lunatic. I don't know. But yesterday made me think maybe there is something to it. Maybe not ghosts or an afterlife, but some sort of dimensional lapse. I've heard people talking about dimensions like radio frequencies, that makes sense to me from a purely theoretical view. Or like I say, maybe I had a brain lapse and just imagined it up. Maybe my vision was temporarily corrupted.

My Mum, who believes in this stuff, believes its gone. I forgot to mention that actually. She mentioned it to one of her weird professional ghost whisperer friends, and she 'banished' it. Or, my Mums friend is crazier than all of us

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]
I was 17ish and had been partying like a maniac. When I turned the light on in my room my grandfather was sitting on the end of my bed; he looked at me, shook his head and vanished.

I've heard a similar story from an aboriginal who told me that when he would get drunk he used to see his ancestors and they were angry at him.

I had a hell of an experience with some type of entity once. Here is a link to the post about it.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by [davinci]
I was 17ish and had been partying like a maniac. When I turned the light on in my room my grandfather was sitting on the end of my bed; he looked at me, shook his head and vanished.

I've heard a similar story from an aboriginal who told me that when he would get drunk he used to see his ancestors and they were angry at him.

I had a hell of an experience with some type of entity once. Here is a link to the post about it.

Cool story that. Regarding your aboriginal mate, don't the Australian aborigines believe that this world is in fact a dream, and dreams are in fact reality as it is.

Have I got that right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join