It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets share some of our paranormal experiences

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I thought it would be good and relieving to share some our our own paranormal experiences. I`ll start.
I have impacting experiences, I will go back to one of the earlier impacting experiences, and if the room wants after others share I can share more.
Ok so it is januray 2003, my family had to move to South Carolina because my husband was transfered for job. This happened on Ladys Island, Beaufort South Carolina. Almost immediately it started. cubboards opening and shutting, shampoo, conditioners whatever was sitting on the edge of the tub would fling of into the tub. We gave our daughter the master bedroom because the second bedroom was larger. Almost every night near to after 11:00pm she would come running into the room shaken up, mom the bathroom is making noises again, the stuff is falling into the tub again, I hear voices mom...She would get into bed and shake herself to sleep. I would tell her it is probably mice or something. One night im in bed alone, my husband was watching television in the living room, daughter asleep next to him. I am asleep on my side facing towards the door on the edge of the bed. I suddenly got cold real cold, I opened my eyes and directly kneeling infront of me is this shape of what I guessed to be a female, it was dark but had a eluminating light around its shape. I slowly pulled the covers over my head, layed there for what felt like eternity, when my husband came to bed I told him what happen, he chuckled in disbelief, said Im letting our daughter get to me. After that night I kept the light on until my husband came to bed. Anyhow the activity became increasing lyobvious day after day. Finally I could not take it any longer and talked my husband into quitting his job and we went back to california, He did get another job...what I later found, the island we lived on was in a cluster of islands, there are 12 total islands, and way back when slaves were being brought into america these islands were a main drop off port. many slaves stayed in that area and died in this area. I beleive it was the spirit of a slave.
That is my story and im sticking to it.
edit on 9-1-2011 by prexparte because: spelling corrections

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
When you were cold, was it as if your body was getting dramatically colder and colder - like as if your "natural heater" turned off?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

what do you mean natural heater turned off? i dont understand this question
edit on 9-1-2011 by prexparte because: changed the response

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
When you were cold, was it as if your body was getting dramatically colder and colder - like as if your "natural heater" turned off?

ok I studied your question, My head was what became cold the part of me that was not convered, the room was what went suddenly ice cold. even though it felt like a eternity before my husband came to bed, logically I believe it was just a few minutes, because he dont stay up past 11:00ish, he had to be at work at 6:00am, and when he did come into the room it started warming up pretty fast
edit on 9-1-2011 by prexparte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
A lot of things strange happen in the course of ones life this was one of mine. I was at Gallipoli in Turkey. Traversing the grave stones and reading them. When a strange shadow figure crossed behind a shrub towards one of the stones and dispersed. At the time it was quite frightening, but on further anylization I think it was mind just trying to take in what I was seeing, the graves of so many people my age, and the fact of standing on a battlefield where so many died, made my mind kind of spaz out and come up with a way to deal with it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
About 6 months ago my fiance and I were both jolted awake by an undeniable presense in our bedroom. It was around 3 am I think, and very startling. The presense was suffocating, thick; like it has shaken us out of our sleep and demanded our attention. We're both very deep sleepers, so this is very unusual for us. I was pulled from my sleep so quickly that I actually sat up in bed and mumbled "What was that..." while he just sat there, wide awake, dazed. Then all the sudden, roughly 15 seconds later, it felt as if someone had pulled all the energy out of the room and that was that. Very odd.

It might not sound like much, but I was shaken so much I had a difficult time getting back to sleep. I've never felt that enveloped by a presense before. It was so, so, so strong. Anyone else ever experience anything like this?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
A lot of things strange happen in the course of ones life this was one of mine. I was at Gallipoli in Turkey. Traversing the grave stones and reading them. When a strange shadow figure crossed behind a shrub towards one of the stones and dispersed. At the time it was quite frightening, but on further anylization I think it was mind just trying to take in what I was seeing, the graves of so many people my age, and the fact of standing on a battlefield where so many died, made my mind kind of spaz out and come up with a way to deal with it.

I dont know, i heard there are alot of shadow people activity, which are not nice spirits, in graveyards

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

I suppose one never know's I have heard of imprinted spirits and that sort of thing. Just a strange experience who know's what is out there really.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I've had a couple of extremely frightening episodes of sleep paralysis, if that counts. The first time I experienced it was because of a failed astral projection. Other than that I can't recall anything at the moment.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gingerkoala

has it happen again? have you had anything else odd happening? has anyone recently passed away in your life circle?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

I have many failed astro projections. I think for myself it is because I haevnt taken the time to understand it yet.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion

I suppose one never know's I have heard of imprinted spirits and that sort of thing. Just a strange experience who know's what is out there really. [/quote
I had considered an imprinted spirit, but, if you think about this, it was knelt right next to the side of my bed, I could feelit staring at me, I could nto see any eyes, but, it was staring at me, I jsut felt it insdie me. I didnt feel threatened, It felt unusal and weird, I think I was scarred because I was never face to face with something like this

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

One night while living in Beaumont, Tx, I was on the net IMing my cousin and telling her how I believed we had a child spirit in our house. I was alone, my husband was asleep across the house in our bedroom and my sister was watching my boys at her place (the garage apt. behind our house).

I heard five beeps that sounded like they came from my microwave, so I told my cousin I'd brb, and went to see what was going on in the kitchen. Of course I went right to my microwave and was completely shocked at what I found. The digital read out said ChILd in block letters. I tried to get back online with her to tell her my discovery, but then the pc started acting up, and everytime I would get it booted back up, and get logged into MSN messenger, it would crash again. So I ended up having to call her and tell her what happened.

The reason why I felt it was a child is because this house had a massive playroom that was converted from a garage. The first night we lived there, my sister and I were hanging out in the living room, which butted up to the playroom. We suddenly heard a toy going off and then another. Our boys, babies really, were sound asleep in their room and again, my husband was also asleep in our room.

I made her come with me, I admittedly was a little freaked out! One of the toys went off right when we entered ther room. It was a toy firetruck that NEVER had batteries! The other was a guitar, but the batteries were dead on it. We tried to get them to make the sounds we heard...but nothing!!

A year or so later, I was grilling burgers on the front porch. My family (2 boys at the time and nephew, along with husband, sister and her boyfriend) were glued to Smallville in the living room and the heavy sliding door to the playroom was shut. As I was checking on the progress of the burgers, I saw a young boy with a bowl-cut hair style peek out of the playroom window at me...I ran inside to see my family all sitting there, playroom door still closed tight, all eyes glued to the TV.

I asked if anyone was just in the playroom and they said that no one had moved and asked why I wanted to know. When I told them, they laughed and acted like I was crazy...but I know what I saw.

I have a couple more experiences, but they aren't linked to this house or the child.

I will tell you, we had serious plumbing problems, to the extent that after having plumbers snake my lines several times, the ended up digging up my entire back yard and replacing all of the plumbing. Do you think the tubs and shower stopped backing up after the extensive re-plumb?! NOPE!!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by staciebee

Did you ever do a history check on this house? you should, and then us know, Im so curious know

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think it is the beleivers in spirits/paranormal who have the expereinces. An example of an unbeleiver becomming a believer and now sees more. my mother, she never believed in spirits until about 7 years ago. She was taking pictures of the grandchildren, when she got them developed in the backgound was a hazy image of her father who had died when she was 19, my mother at the time was 62.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
there is a thread like this already made and iv posted one of my strangest experiences there.... any ways heres a strange event that happened just a couple days ago. im up stairs eating a plate of food, i finish the plate set it on an end table and pick up my 360 remote. i was mayby 20 mins into the game when the fork on my plate lifts up about an inch then drops. im not at all scared of these strange happenings anymore after two years livin with them. what i find odd about the paranormal in my house is you can hear what sounds like a constant faint drum beat from a wall along with footsteps and sometimes a loud triple knock like someone knocking at the door but the outside is the only thing on the other side of the upstairs wall. makes no sense to me

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Have you tried to use a voice recorder, ask questions about what is there? It doesnt sound demonic, ask questions as to its sex, does it know it is dead, are there more then two...ect...ect...Ivhad alot of good results with voice recorders. I started using them about 4 years ago and heard enough to say for myself I believe in spirit/paranormal activity

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Premonitions...

The first I can clearly remember was in the fourth grade, I realised by lunch that everything that I had dreamt the night before was happening that day.

Ghosts...

Maybe twice, once for sure. I was 17ish and had been partying like a maniac. When I turned the light on in my room my grandfather was sitting on the end of my bed; he looked at me, shook his head and vanished.

Knowledge...

This one is tricky, I have always been able to solve complex problems with incomplete data. For the longest time I thought it was just the nature of my mind but now I'm not sure. Intuition, insight, analytical prowess; none of these can sufficiently explain how I have known some of the things I have known or solved some of the problems placed before me.

Out of body experiences...

The first time I had an out of body experience I was 16ish and it initially terrified me. The one thing that gave me my bearings is that I snore...once I realised that I was still asleep and not paralyzed everything was ok...weird, but ok.

It's happened a few times since but I know what it is now.

Visions...

It is important to note that I am a life-long agnostic, with that said...Mar 16 2009 and June 6 2009.

The only term that fits is a religious experience. Although both happened while asleep (leading to the obvious idea that it was a dream) I can still remember every minute detail of the ordeal. Both times I awoke knowing things that I did not know when I went to bed. Both times I retained a feeling of peace that lasted for days.

Don't misunderstand, there was no GOD. There was only an entity in front of me the first time, it was the same entity in June but they were behind me...the massive feeling of PRESENCE is what links the two.

There was a third vision several months later, but I have done all that I can to forget it. I witnessed an atrocity from the perspective of the victim; when it was over and I was able to wake up I couldn't make it the few steps to the washroom from my bed before being violently ill

There are numerous others that don't fall into any category but when everything is added up I am left with the direct, personal awareness that there is more to us and our place in this universe then we know of.

I wish I could say that I am a master of these things but I am not. They happen without any pattern or reason.

edit on 9-1-2011 by [davinci] because: Spelling & Content

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The drawback is that on occasion, once you start asking questions, 'things' note that you're paying them attention, and it seems like word gets around.

I wouldn't mess with it.

IF, and that's a strong IF, there are spirits somehow roaming around, sometimes wanting to be noticed, any acknowledgment that you are responsive would logically bring more in, vying for your attention.

About that cold?

It's a complete absence of any warmth, bone-deep, the greatest, fastest, deepest, coldest chill you'll ever experience. Words can't begin to do it justice.

And trust me when I say that even an outdoor temperature of 113F affects it, and every hair is standing on end.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

You are extremely intune with your superconscious/subconscious and conscious awareness`s, impressive. thanks for sharing

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join