It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coalition of the willing...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
dom

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   
This is the published list...

"Afghanistan, Albania, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Colombia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Georgia, Hungary, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, the Netherlands, Nicaragua, the Philippines, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom and Uzbekistan. "

Congratulations to the US in managing to get 30/180 countries to sign up. That's definitely shows an overwhelming level of international support.

Notable missing countries... Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, in fact, every Middle Eastern country, all but 2 of the African nations (Ethiopia, Eritrea are both trying to get US backing over a military conflict, so that explains their presense), all but 3 of the South American countries, neither of the US's neighbouring countries, etc. etc. etc.

More discussion...
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dom
This is the published list...

"Afghanistan, Albania, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Colombia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Georgia, Hungary, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, the Netherlands, Nicaragua, the Philippines, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom and Uzbekistan. "

strange, aside from four countries its only banana republics

AF1

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I'm curious as to who the 15 "unnamed" countries are. I guess we'll find out in time.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dom
Congratulations to the US in managing to get 30/180 countries to sign up. That's definitely shows an overwhelming level of international support.

30 out of 180 is what you call "overwhelming"?...Somehow, those numbers just don't add up to "overwhelming" to me.
...Must be because, when I started doing math in school, they weren't teaching the system of "New Math" & "Chaos Theory" wasn't public knowledge...

dom

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Sorry Midnight... the problems of English sarcasm. I was just pointing out that this is nowhere near to being overwhelming international support.

30 countries, with another 15 governments too scared to publicly back the US for fear of their populations going ballistic... Interesting to point out that only 3 of the willing countries are sending troops (UK - 30K, Australia - 2/3K, Poland - 100)

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The 15 countries who won't declare themselves is pretty funny. It's like being friends with a fat geeky kid at school but you don't want anyone to know about it..

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Why won't they declare themselves? If they want to side with Bush then they should admit it. Not doing so just shows they must still have severe reservations about it. Or maybe their just the ones who got the biggest bribes...

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Kuwaiti soil...they're pretty much on the list whether they say they are or not...

Interesting to see Turkey's about face...wonder how much that cost...

dom

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The cost of Turkey will be measured in the removal of an independent Kurdish region in the North of Iraq. If the world is unlucky we could end up with Turkish troops *fighting* the Kurdish independent troops...

And Kuwait don't back it publicly, they've just been bribed with enough money to allow Northern Kurwait to be used as a big car park.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
And another one off your count ...

Italy "is not a belligerent nation and will not support the US invasion of Iraq"
Silvio Berlusconi today

dom

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Where did you read that?

The BBC has the following...

"Wednesday, 19 March

1120: Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi says Italy will provide political but not military support for a US-led military assault on Iraq. "

news.bbc.co.uk...

Does that mean Italy are for or against?

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Another classic example of Karl posting nonsense with no PROOF, no LINK, just nonsense. Stop polluting the forum with your nonsense! Here's a LINK for ya Karl.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Another classic example of Karl posting nonsense with no PROOF, no LINK, just nonsense. Stop polluting the forum with your nonsense! Here's a LINK for ya Karl.

www.cnn.com...

What you are linking to is pro war propaganda .. it would be the same as if someone included links to saddam's official journal as "proof"... don't be ridiculous

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
WHERE IS YOUR PROOF?????????????

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
WHERE IS YOUR PROOF?????????????

You're quoting the President of the security council saying that to Powell, right ?

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
PA don't you get it? If it is something Karl does not like then it is propaganda. Simple enough. No need to post proof. He doesn't like the story so it has to be propaganda.

Right Karl?

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
Right Karl?

Come on do you *really* believe the US Media Bull# ?
They are referring to facts, but only presenting half of it, the half they want you to hear.
Thats what i call antidemocratic propaganda

dom

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Well, I thought the CNN article was well spun. The truth of the matter remains... 4 countries giving military help, 30 giving political help (and 15 who are too scared to do it publicly), with ~135 having nothing to do with it.

Not really the same as the Gulf War is it?

Regardless of the rightness of wrongness of this attack, carrying it out without international backing is a very bad decision. It'll come back to haunt the UK/US.

Karl - Can you provide some corroboration of your quote from Silvio Berlusconi?

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karl Molarius

Originally posted by observer
Right Karl?

Come on do you *really* believe the US Media Bull# ?
They are referring to facts, but only presenting half of it, the half they want you to hear.
Thats what i call antidemocratic propaganda

No, I try my best to read between the lines but until you start posting links to stories or at least some sort of proof for your claims I think most of us will have to assume you are full of #e.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   

No, I try my best to read between the lines but until you start posting links to stories or at least some sort of proof for your claims I think most of us will have to assume you are full of #e.

Ok, here you have it : www.unionesarda.it...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join