It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a Thought.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This is something I've thought about for sometime........Has any world leader, past or present, ever come forward and categorically denied that they know of, or believe that, there has never been. nor is there any evidence of any genuine UFO/alien contact with this planet?

The reason that I ask is that Ufology (for want of a better word) is big news around the world, the MSM pick up on it whenever there is a decent sighting with reputable witnesses, and the internet is abuzz with sites dedicated to the study of UFO's and (alleged) alien life, and particularly that the Governments of the world have hard evidence of alien visitation...............but no Head of state has come out and said "we categorically deny that we have any evidence of alien visitation".

Why would they do that?.......why would no Prime minister or President not put their reputation on the line, and put the whole "Governments have been colluding with aliens for at least 60 years" thing to rest?

I am by nature a sceptic when it comes to UFO's and Aliens (not that I don't think that there is life "out there")......but this one thing nags at me, I know that most politicians bend the truth and some just down right lie, but the one thing they are all concerned about is their reputation, so if there really is no evidence whatsoever.......no Roswell?......come on Obama, say that!.........no Rendalsham?.....come on Cameron keep your promise and say that!
edit on 9/1/2011 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Why would they do that?......

Because if they did they would be lying to you..

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I believe that it's as simple as they really just don't know.

And as Zorgon said, if they did know, and then denied it, they'd be lying.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Like everyone else here Zorgon, I'm just looking for the truth, it just seems to me that sometimes a non-denial is almost as good as a confession.

Not always...............just sometimes.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juston
I believe that it's as simple as they really just don't know.

And as Zorgon said, if they did know, and then denied it, they'd be lying.

So why has no world leader not come out and confirmed that there is no evidence whatsoever of alien contact with this planet?

I'm talking about a world leader putting his reputation on the line and basically telling us...... all we are deluded or misled............but they haven't ..........yet!.........................why?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Presumably because all of the people that don't believe in UFO's would think they were a nut for even mentioning it and all the people that do believe in UFO's would call him / her a liar

It wouldn't gain him / her anything at all
edit on 9-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Well, based on my reading lately I doubt even Obama is as in the know as you would believe him to be. There is a lot of evidence pointing to a shadow government which is basically the military industrial complex covering up information on all levels since the 1940´s. Jimmy Carter even tried to get an assessment of the situation, which he never got. Even if someone has a high security clearance information is on a need to know basis. Everything is so compartimentalized there is no telling how much they are hiding. This of course leads on the black projects and the whole run around I am sure you have heard it before so I will not bore you.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

So why has no world leader not come out and confirmed that there is no evidence whatsoever of alien contact with this planet? I'm talking about a world leader putting his reputation on the line and basically telling us...... all we are deluded or misled............but they haven't ..........yet!.........................why?

Because they don't know, if aliens existed and there was a shadow government. That shadow government would never put people or leaders in power in any country that they would not be able to control, through pressures of all types like political, rhetoric, memetic, mind control, even plain old you would lose your job if you even think of steeping out of line. World leaders aren't there for you, there there for them selfs mostly, no matter what they say or even think that they are there for. And unfortunately if alien existed and the shadow government know about it, and don't tell you and even enforce that little bit of info in any way possible, then something is definitely not all good, and not only on the aliens part but on all parts.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
That shadow government would never put people or leaders in power in any country that they would not be able to control, through pressures of all types like political, rhetoric, memetic, mind control, even plain old you would lose your job if you even think of steeping out of line.

Maybe that's happening? A simple "Think of the possible consequences if you go out there today and reveal to the whole world that they're actually here, beyond a doubt."

The simple fear factor would probably keep most of them quiet without a problem, and that's without even mentioning threats.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Denying that there has been contact would make skeptics believe there really has been. Like you said, politicians lie. It is much safer to say nothing at all.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JoseChung

Maybe that's happening? A simple "Think of the possible consequences if you go out there today and reveal to the whole world that they're actually here, beyond a doubt."

The simple fear factor would probably keep most of them quiet without a problem, and that's without even mentioning threats.

Thats the thing really, but not really...It's the "why" would secrecy be necessary, that is not all good, if you know what I mean....Keeping them in the dark both leaders and elites and the people would not be all that hard to do, because they are all human and like ostrich's have a tendency to stick there head in the sand. The "why" is really the killer, that is if this all exists and aliens are being keep'd in the dark by anybody or government agency or whatever...Then why? and what for?

When you think of the scenarios or possibilities, of the "why" and "what for". Then why some leader does not say something is really quite irrelevant, in fact it's just a plain joke, it's kind of like worrying about getting your clothes dirty when there is a meteor the size of Texas heading your way. Nothing keep'd in the dark from humanity has so far been for the good of humanity, so why should this little secret be good.

If it was good then you wouldn't get them to shut up about it, I have yet to meet anybody who can really keep a secret for a long period of time, if that secret was without consequences, or even with consequences. If aliens exist and are around but you wont see them, you would have to make laws to get the people to keep quite, so you can get some peace, people go crazy and have gone crazy over less things thats for sure, look at religion, or political fights and wars. What would happen if everybody knew that aliens exist and have visited this planet and could possibly be visiting now, a whole new religion would spring up just from that one fact alone, and all kinds of other stuff.... If aliens exist that is since it's just speculations....But if they do exist, I don't think they really care all that much for knowing humans, or it would of happened by now.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

If it's the case that they know of aliens I'd guess it's based on the fear of their governments and corporations losing power and influence. If that's true though I'd guess that things are about to get strange and really quickly, because there's not exactly much time for us to carry on in the way we are doing.

To be honest I think this year is going to be pretty damn strange, but aren't the type to try making predictions, am just waiting to see what happens.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
i can imagine the conversation in the oval office/downing street on the first day of tenureship going something like this.
a rep from the department of you don't want to know is summonded to an informal breakfast meeting.
pres/pm "so tell me agent orange, what's the sitrep on the alien thing? i've been itching to know since leaving kindergarden and now i'm top window dresser, spill the beans."
agent orange " you don't want to know."
pres/pm "aw come on we're all in this together, just tell me one juicy bit."
agent orange " you really don't want to know."
pres/pm "but i'm running the country, i'm entitled to know, besides what do i tell all the voters with whom i promised i would be transparent on such matters?" whilst buttering a crumpet.
agent orange "you really really don't want to know."
pres/pm "i demand you inform me this instant, i need to speak to your superior immediately!"
agent orange produces palm sized device from pocket, aims at pres/pm and "ZAP!!!"
pres/pm "hello are the the new pr adviser? i was wondering how we are going to spin the bonus thing to the public."
agent orange "hello mr president/prime minister, i am the caterer i was just wondering how your crumpets are this fine morning?"
pres/pm "splendid,i love this butter is it welsh salted?"
agent orange "indeed mr president/prime minister"
pres/pm "thank you for your attendance. on your way out would you mind informing the minister for pencils and rubbers i am ready to see him now"
agent orange "of course mr president/prime minister"
agent orange leaves the office and informs the minister for pencils and rubbers that the president/prime minister is ready to receive him now. upon egressing the building the footman comments to agent orange.
footman "how did that go?"
agent orange "same old same old"
footman "see you again in four years"
agent orange "yaba."

regards f

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I take issue with the idea behind your post. It benifits NO ONE for the government to come out and say "We know nothing about this issue, we have never caught aliens eating our parsnips, nor caught UFO barnstorming farm houses in Cheshire." .
The less that they tell us about the subject the better for them ! If for instance they tell us there are no aliens and that we have never been in contact, then that raises even bigger questions, like "Ok then, what are all these impossible craft we have been seeing then? What budget would you have to get hold of for a craft that can go straight up at mach three for instance , then change course and go horizontal at the same speed at a right angle to its previous orientation? " . Telling us anything , positive or negative, will result in harder questions and even more independant research, something they would much rather allow to die off once the interest turns to more imediate matters, like where the hell people are getting thier next meal from, and how on Earth they are ever going to pay the rent this month.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JoseChung

Personally i don't think much will happen, but we will see I guess. So far if I judge this year, by its beginning these couple of days, it's pretty much like last year, you know animals dieing on mass for strange reasons all on the same day basically, political scandals, people getting shot and all that for more mysterious reasons, and business as usual. But heres to it being a better year, who know's maybe I'll get my picture of a grey juggling apples one of these days on a site, were we all can speculate if it's cgi or not. But I'm not picky I will also accept a grey juggling oranges, or rocks, or even bananas as long as there juggling something. Like you said we shall see.

Peace out.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
That's not how it works. Why don't they announce, categorically, that there is no evidence the Flying Spaghetti monster exists? Or the Yeti? Or a live Elvis?

If Governments spent their time announcing what doesn't exist... they wouldn't get any work done.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
That's not how it works. Why don't they announce, categorically, that there is no evidence the Flying Spaghetti monster exists? Or the Yeti? Or a live Elvis?

If Governments spent their time announcing what doesn't exist... they wouldn't get any work done.

That's quite a flippant reply if I may say.......how many sites/theories do you know of that promote "flying spaghetti monsters"?

I asked a genuine question, the UFO/Alien story is a valid 21st century question......and no serving government has come forward and totally denied/debunked it......why?

new topics

top topics

join