It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Jared Loughner Radically Changed Before Alleged Shooting, Friend Says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Exclusive: Jared Loughner Radically Changed Before Alleged Shooting, Friend Says

abcnews.go.com

When he was suspended from Pima Community College, the school sent a letter to Loughner's parents stating that if Loughner wished to return to the school, he would have to "obtain a mental health clearance indicating, in the opinion of a mental health professional, his presence at the College does not present a danger to himself or others," the school said in a statement.

The school said Loughner had as many as five run-ins with campus police for "classroom and library disruptions," and was suspended after college police discovered a YouTube video apparently created by Loughner in whi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This story just gets more and more strange. I'm starting to wonder which aspect is more tragic; is he really just completely insane and these people were in the wrong place at the wrong time, or the political football it's become so quickly.

If this guy really was MKUltra or the likes, he will not live long. If he is not, he will plead a successful insanity case. Either way, is justice going to be served?

What a tragedy all around, for everyone involved, and the country as a whole for what it will become.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Yes but isn't this normal both in the films ( Possibly a major influence) - anyone seen "The day of the Jackal" or "TAXI DRIVER". Or is it an indicator of a stepchange in his increasing insanity as he prepares for a life altering action?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Everything I'm reading points to something being very wrong with this picture.

I actually believe that an MK Ultra / Manchurian Candidate type scenario is genuinely possible here. The question is, will our patsy remain alive long enough to provide the evidence?

The Revenant.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The whole insanity thing is just sad. I don't hate the guy...its like hating a computer that was smashed into bits for not playing a cool video game...

As far as the political aspect of this...actually, I think there may be a good outcome...now politicians will be clear about their words verses veiled threats of violence and such stuff...it will be more politically correct to drop the N word than suggest shooting enemys in any sense...even as a metaphore.

Which is good..politics will have to resort to talking out differences verses just giving violent retoric

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I would be willing to bet Loughner is on high suicide watch.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
to say that he was kidnapped and forcibly re-programmed is false. they don't have to do that now a days.

they have propaganda, suggestion and subliminal imprinting to such a fine art it is almost nearing perfection.

they have years of research and techniques, some of which were developed and used by satan's inner circle, josef goebbels, reich minister of propaganda, nazi germany.

it's all a divide and conquer techinque, good cop, bad cop routine, coupled with electronic devices, like television, internet and cell phones that somehow numb and manipulate individuality.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If he actually starts talking in custody and does not die shortly afterwards under suspicious circumstances, then I'd still go with crazy.

Maybe his brain just got to a tipping point - from social life, school, marijuana abuse, whatever - and bam, he descended rapidly into schizophrenia.

Of course, if he never actually speaks / speaks and dies shortly afterwards / dies suspiciously without the public learning from his mouth his actual motives, then I would question whether there was a more nefarious purpose. But for now, I'm defaulting to society made him crazy, and he took it out on society.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I think you are right, and I think ultimately this will be a lesson to those who have the bully pulpit to choose their words more carefully in the future.

Perhaps political figures can learn to not say things like "Don't retreat, reload" and "Those second Amendment remedies". Because people do listen, and not all of those people are mentally stable enough to understand to not take those statements literally.

Although, I have serious reservations about some people though.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Exactly what I was about to say.

If he is MKULTRA, then he likely has self-destruct programming that goes into effect after carrying out his assassination or after he gets caught.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I disagree that he will be in some sort of danger if he were a part of some mind-control program. Look at Sirhan Sirhan, he made claims directly in support of receiving such programming after he assassinated RFK, but he was never killed.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Oh, great! From the reports of classmates to the run-ins with the police, it appears he may be truly insane, got too fanatical with government conspiracy and such or simply mind-controlled, of which he could have committed suicide right after committing a heinous act of murdering "innocent" victims. Whatever the case: it's sad to know nut-balls exist in society.
edit on 2011-1-09 by pikypiky because: To correct for grammar, spelling and more thoughts!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Five run-ins with campus police for "classroom and library disruptions," and was suspended after college police discovered a YouTube video apparently created by Loughner.

And the campus police never checked to see if he owned a gun or reported to the state or feds so that they could block him from buying one.

This is a rerun of the VT shooting.

The massacre prompted the state of Virginia to close legal loopholes that had previously allowed Cho, an individual adjudicated as mentally unsound, to purchase handguns without detection by the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)

en.wikipedia.org...

Its looking like the government wants these wackos to massacre people just so they can ban guns.
they put laws on the books then never enforce them.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I agree I posted about this in another thread he opened a youtube account with videos all about mysterious birds new currency and mind control

now there are rumors that there was a 'handler' present with him before the shootings?

mind control like you said doesn't require a secret installation populated by kidnapped victims it only rquires a vulnerable loner and a programmer/ handler,some mind altering drugs and hypnosis

he is off age to exhibit schizophrenia, but the presence of a handler/perhaps programer makes me think MKULTRA
their techniques produce a kind off schizoid psychological profile

I don't think he'll survive to be tried and his death will be labeled suicide he has a history of combative encounters so authorities can justify lethal force ,he's toast

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I agree that if the only constructive thing to emerge from this incident is a serious taming of violent political rhetoric, then that can only be a positive step. If political leaders in America openly call out for assassination of the likes of Julian Assange, then they must also take some personal responsibility for people who are impressed by these kinds of remarks. You cannot have politicians advocating murder and then be shocked by incidents like this.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I think it's more of an end result of the last two years of violent rhetoric by political personalities.

I discount things like MKULTRA
More likely, this was already a disturbed individual, who listened to people like Sarah Palin, Sharron Angle, FOX News and whatever group he was in, combined with sites like this where people openly talk about violently overthrowing the government. Basically he brainwashed himself, no real need for a shadowy government organization at that point.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Is it odd to anyone else that most people who want to stretch a claim that this is the result of persons like Sarah Palin, will also quickly discard any stretch to programs like MKUltra? Aren't they either one in the same, or mutually exclusive? I think we can all agree that anyone following the rhetoric of a moron like Palin is at best ignorant, and at worst under some sort of pseudo-mind control via television and media. It's really not a matter of one, or the other, but what you are willing to accept as mind control.

Of course, that is assuming that there is any link to begin with...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I think the reason is that from what we know this guy hasn't ever had any mysterious absences in his life. No time for some government sponsored reprogramming.

Besides, why the hell would they want to get rid of one of their own?

Remember folks, conspiracies really do need to make some sense.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
My 2 cents

Just like the movie The Departed, Leonardo Dicaprio was deemed "not a cop" because of his background but was used as a snitch

This kid, when applying to the Army, wrote none on his religion

Any army recruiter isn't going to want someone who doesnt follow, like religion preaches...

But he could be of some use...so he is secretly brainwashed for there uses

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Epiphron

People are trying to rationalize the irrational. This is pointless. The man is insane. His brain does not function properly. Why do we think that we can peer into his mind and find meaning. This is just more insanity on our part.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join