It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars blinking in unison or in rythem with eachother?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hello Ats.. this is for he average (and above average) star gazers out there.

I gauruntee many of you have seen when stars blink, and others stars just look like fixed lights in the sky yes?
I'm wondering if any of you have EVER noticed when looking at the night sky, stars that blink in almost if not complete unison?

Many times I have sat out and watched the night sky, as it amazes me to this day
I have seen stars blink in and out, I have seen whole constellations blink as it if were some comsic moris-code or something

I live on Lake Ontario, in an average city called Kingston. There is one noticeable constellation, now mind you Im not familular with the names and what not but I just go by the "pictures" they make
Anyways this certain constellation looks like a large "arrow" head on an angle.. With 3 stars that line up perfectly and they all have the same ilumination..

So the point that drew me to make this thread... About twenty minutes ago I opened my front door (I live in the country, so stars are very visable) to throw my gum wrapper outside, and in full view of my house is the "arrow" constellation.. It caught my eye quick because:
A - RIGHT beside it, it a very lit up red blinking star... I was thinking Mars but am not quite sure

B - The "3" stars that line up were blinking in unison, also these stars are very bright right now. So I scanned the sky quick (still in the doorway) and it looked as if all the stars were blinking as if they were in a unison or in not in rythem with eachother!

This got me thinking quick, what if all the Stars in the galaxy blink according to something larger? I dont know what that means haha just using my imagination
But they could be blinking in a certain order, or some kind of comsic communication? A far jump from imagination... but hey, where would we be without it?

So if you have great view with the stars, go out and look for this "moris-code" like blinking by all the bright stars (even the dimmer ones).

PS:
Would like verification on the "bright red" blinking star please. Thank you!
Also When looking at this "arrow" constellation im looking East*
Kelliott

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
hey man ive commented on this sight a bunch of times about this specific thing. im here in the lower hudson valley and ive been watching this for quite some time now. its so hard to convince people of this, but i guarantee you if you go back outside and check the stars out for a little bit, like 10 minutes or so, youll realize that theyre totally moving around. go start with that red one because the first time i noticed this i was looking at a red light right above a mountain that i thought was a cell phone tower, after about 5 minutes of debating if it was a cell tower or star or not with my friend, we realize it starts blinking so we figure a star. then we realize its wiggling around the sky. almost like our eyes were playing tricks on us, then all of the sudden it starts cruising across the sky, this was after sitting in place for about 10 minutes now. it was changing all these different colors and was really just incredible, words dont do it justice.

since then ive been watching the skies here and i see these thing EVERY NIGHT. it wasn't a freak occurrence, and being it has been every night for the past 3 months now, i dont believe it to be military crafts.

since then i have been begging people to check the skies out, most of the time just getting laughed at, but please, go do watch for 10 15 minutes and see whats good. I believe they are here.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by iversusvsversusi

I too have experienced such things in the sky at night. I have noticed numerous times before, a star and even stars, they blink like 4/5 different colors.. and other nights its as if they "chilled out" because they wont blink with such colors for a while after (weeks/months).

Over my life I promise I seen this, about November or something. Me and my girl were in a bit of a conflict... she went outside for a smoke (she knows when im with her 80% of my attention is towards the star), I followed her to talk things out. But to the South/East of me was the "Arrow" constellation, and friend I tell you IT WAS GOING BONKERS! ALL three of the stars were blinking red/blue/green/orange/purple!! It was insane!! Not too mention that certain constellation seemed awfully close then usual, as the 3 stars looked huuuge! I didnt mention it to my lady because keep in mind we were fighting and the last thing you tell her when trying to fix things is "look over there in the sky"

Anyways I think of things like; our entire solar system is flying through space among other stars, so we CAN come "closer" to these other constellations. Could be as too why it looked bigger then usual. I can see the "arrow" constellation in my bedroom window every night (: So I know what it looks like, that night in November it was different.. cant really explain it because the average person doesnt "look up" very often.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
We know ( don't we kids ) Stars don't "twinkle:" on and off. It is a visual trick of the atmosphere

Why do stars twinkle?

Answer:

On a clear, dark night, our eyes can see about 6,000 or so stars in the sky. They seem to twinkle, or change their brightness, all the time. In fact, most of the stars are shining with a steady light. The movement of air (sometimes called turbulence) in the atmosphere of Earth causes the starlight to get slightly bent as it travels from the distant star through the atmosphere down to us on the ground. This means that some of the light reaches us directly and some gets bent slightly away. To our eyes, this makes the star seem to twinkle.

You will notice that stars closer to the horizon will appear to twinkle more than other stars. This is because there is a lot more atmosphere between you and a star near the horizon than between you and a star higher in the sky. Go out some night soon and have a look!

starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Planets in fact are larger; brighter; closer and don't appear to "twinkle"
Satelites move quickly but in straight lines
Aircraft have red and green navigation lights( unless they are turned off on purpose)
E.t. craft have nasty little grey people with "probing" on their collective hive minds.and little regard for air traffic laws or the laws of physics...

I dunno you see some pretty unusual stuff moving around at times.
I attribute alot to extremely small point sources and involuntary "twitchy" human eyeball movements (called "nystagmus")
www.nystagmus.org... .
edit on 9-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

I understand that and i understand the difference. Im telling you these stars are not just twinkling. they move throughout the sky an different directions at different speeds. not from the rotation of the earth, not cuz im high and think i see things, but they move around. stars dont move, and at the rate that they are moving, neither do satellites, planes, helicopters, space stations, meteorites, asteroids, or anything for that matter. these things are for real and being that they are there every single night, i have to cancel out military testing. i guarantee you if you go and look for 10 mins on a clear night you will see this.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

with no disrespect intended, scientist and humans dont really no as much as they think they do when it comes to physics and astronomy. Man can label all these "objects" out of our solar system and fully descirbe their functions... but man cant even get to the moon.

It hasnt been proved, and yes im a believer of the US government being a nasty govrnment it is lies to its citizens about nearly EVERYHING. reason why Americans arent healthy... are in debt... need to trade for resources because they dont have their own... fight in Wars... start wars.. etc etc

Either way though, you might not now what your taking about because physics here make sense to you.. you dont know the functions of a star, and its duties. all you know is they are fireballs trillions of miles away.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kelliott
reply to post by 46ACE

with no disrespect intended, scientist and humans dont really no as much as they think they do when it comes to physics and astronomy. Man can label all these "objects" out of our solar system and fully descirbe their functions... but man cant even get to the moon.

It hasnt been proved, and yes im a believer of the US government being a nasty govrnment it is lies to its citizens about nearly EVERYHING. reason why Americans arent healthy... are in debt... need to trade for resources because they dont have their own... fight in Wars... start wars.. etc etc

Either way though, you might not now what your taking about because physics here make sense to you.. you dont know the functions of a star, and its duties. all you know is they are fireballs trillions of miles away.

"I don't know the function of a star or it's duties.." uhmm no.I guess I don't. And if you are going to add the "we didn't go to the moon",I will only say I disagree.

We left a Laser reflector on the surface of the moon( apollo11, 14and 15)( in all fairness the soviets did too on their lunakhod"unmanned" rover)s and a laser beam from earth is fired quite regularly to bounce off it to measure the distance between the earth and moon.It works. I believe I do understand
completely why there are no stars in the moon photographs;however . As I have been photographing seriously for more than 40 years.
Their exposures were set for a shutter speed of 1/ ASA at f16 Why? because that's the "sunny16 rule of thumb "for daylight bright sun exposure on earth.What is the bright side of the moon illuminated by ? ( the same sun we shoot by here.) which means the stars would have been too dim to register. at that exposure.
Back on topic:
I don't know "everything" and never claimed such:
But : if you spend a little time here Sometimes the lack of even high school level science; critical thinking and questioning is kind of embarrassing.
I HAVE indeed been trying to offer less "esoteric"( or more common day to day thinking on some of the conclusion people jump to around here. I try to stay out of the wilder forums here.and let people have their room for:
"I was walking home,saw a dead fish on the ground and I heard a growling noise then saw a splash in the pond! Do you think I have a creature from the black lagoon in my backyard pond ?"

Somebody will say "No' because "the creature" was a guy in a rubber suit from the 50's. The next post will tell them "not to be so closed minded."
That kind of stuff. .

And I am not looking out his front window:, I know there is no "arrow" constellation ( possibly he means the Archer"?)whichever stars he's happens to be looking at..Theres plenty of room for speculation and fun but we need to ask good questions too..
A moving light in the night sky truly is an "unidentified flying object" to somebody; but that is not the same as an extra terrestrial craft with a gray proctologists convention aboard.
cheers..

Unfortunatley I live near a "mountain"( large hill) with a ski slope on it so once they open and turn on their lights for the season I don't see the real dark sky until late spring.

edit on 11-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by iversusvsversusi
hey man ive commented on this sight a bunch of times about this specific thing. im here in the lower hudson valley and ive been watching this for quite some time now. its so hard to convince people of this, but i guarantee you if you go back outside and check the stars out for a little bit, like 10 minutes or so, youll realize that theyre totally moving around. go start with that red one because the first time i noticed this i was looking at a red light right above a mountain that i thought was a cell phone tower, after about 5 minutes of debating if it was a cell tower or star or not with my friend, we realize it starts blinking so we figure a star. then we realize its wiggling around the sky. almost like our eyes were playing tricks on us, then all of the sudden it starts cruising across the sky, this was after sitting in place for about 10 minutes now. it was changing all these different colors and was really just incredible, words dont do it justice.

since then ive been watching the skies here and i see these thing EVERY NIGHT. it wasn't a freak occurrence, and being it has been every night for the past 3 months now, i dont believe it to be military crafts.

since then i have been begging people to check the skies out, most of the time just getting laughed at, but please, go do watch for 10 15 minutes and see whats good. I believe they are here.

haha I was hoping someone would say that first Ive been sick as a DAWG for a week now with nothing on tv thats more entertaining then seeing if those weird blinking dots were really moving I feel like if it was really moving it wasnt until I had been staring at it for a few minutes strait. THe military can tell you what type of mustard you put on a sandwhich and what you had on tv in the backround from pretty far up there, anyways I feel like maybe theyre trying to suddley show us there here and can see us staring so they pull little blinks and manuvers, still sick sorry if this turned into a rant

new topics

top topics

join