It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona massacre suspect: 'I planned ahead'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Arizona massacre suspect:

www.cnn.com

The suspect in the weekend massacre in Arizona scrawled "my assassination" and "I planned ahead" on an envelope found in his home, according to court documents released Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1/9/2011 by InterestedObserver because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/9/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: title to same as source

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well I don't think this is really a surprise to anyone but it is a new development. Now I know there are those who might say the envelope was planted but in my honest opinion I think the kid is the ultimate responsible party, not anybody related to the government as some have seemed to suggest on this website.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I do feel that he was trying to make his name with this one, take out a politician (for the unborn babies, no less) and get famous.

From my view, this envelope would seem to suggest that he wanted people to know that he wasn't just high, or crazy, or an opportunist, but a martyr to a cause... less of the martyr, of course, because he ain't dead yet.

If he was set up, they either didn't do a very good job (it sounds like a plant, my reasoning for assuming that it's not) or they did a very good job by making it seem so much like a set up that they threw people like me off the scent.

Another alternative, of course, is that he wanted people to think that he had been set up.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Interesting, why would he invoke his right against self-incrimination knowing full well that he had written that and that the police would most certainly find it?

Don't get me wrong, I think he did it and that he obviously suffers from some mental issues, it just piqued my curiosity is all. If he is smart enough to invoke the 5th, why would he write something like that for the authorities to find?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
In a country where violent crime is so glorified, how can you really ever speak out if your part of the same media that builds up the rubbish violent acts of people.

Usa media loves violence.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWill
I do feel that he was trying to make his name with this one, take out a politician (for the unborn babies, no less) and get famous.

From my view, this envelope would seem to suggest that he wanted people to know that he wasn't just high, or crazy, or an opportunist, but a martyr to a cause... less of the martyr, of course, because he ain't dead yet.

If he was set up, they either didn't do a very good job (it sounds like a plant, my reasoning for assuming that it's not) or they did a very good job by making it seem so much like a set up that they threw people like me off the scent.

Another alternative, of course, is that he wanted people to think that he had been set up.

Really, he wanted to be a martyr to a cause?
Then what is that cause? He didn't articulate one. There's more to it than that.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Interesting, why would he invoke his right against self-incrimination knowing full well that he had written that and that the police would most certainly find it?

I think he planned to die. I don't think he expected to live but to die a glorious martyr, as others have said. One news story linked to a website he frequented and they (and perhaps others) may see him as a victim-martyr who was trying to do the right thing according to their standards.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I'm sure I read that one of his myspace/youtube posts talked about how abortion is murder, and Gabby Gifford was/is pro-choice when it comes to abortion.

From what I hear (although of course I cannot say with any certainty that it is true), he was quite the cause-creator in his youtube/myspace rants.

Everyone has causes. Everyone believes in something. A lot of people would die for that something.

A lot of those people would like to be seen to die for that something, so that they can be remembered.

I'm not saying that he IS a martyr, but I am suggesting that he may have wanted to become one - not so much for the cause, but for the associated public recognition.

I have no proof for this statement, but it's what I think. Which is the best I can do, really.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Op hit the nail on the head right there, this was obviously PLANNED.. I really do not believe this guy acted alone either, now that part is speculation. I do not believe he was mind controlled or the government had anything to do with it... I think this kid wanted his 5 min. of *fame* Look how the news covers this, ALMOST GLORIFIED.. I do not think this is something that can go unignored but really it has been 24/7 TUSCON MASSACRE JARRED JARRED MASSACRE LOUGHNER shot killed, I do not think it needs THAT MUCH attention but the MSM LOVE this stuff and THATS the most sickest part of all... Ignoring people usually works. Now that is usually, will it stop all the unwarrented murders of course not, but it could curb the *fame* involved.
edit on 9-1-2011 by MisterCrowley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

I think the most interesting part is that he had interest in Giffords at least as early as 2007. Was this guy a past supporter of hers? Whatever the case may be, that thank you letter her office sent him for attending an event that year would seem an incredibly valuable clue now in the aftermath.
edit on 9-1-2011 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Maybe it was planted, why?

You know that a lot of people want this guy to get the death penalty. His lawyer is going to go for the "Insane Defense". After reading his posts on here, the guy clearly is. But theres powerful people out there that don't want to see this guy sit in a comfy insane asylum. Now that these notes surfaced, they will say he was well aware of what he was doing

I also wouldn't be surprised if we see more interesting item's or info come in the next few days that won't help his case. They want to make an example this time.
edit on 9-1-2011 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

That makes sense. Perhaps he was reloading the gun to top himself in front of all the other witnesses and was thwarted by the people who jumped on him.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
How...convenient.

Not certain I buy this latest news.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
How...convenient.

Not certain I buy this latest news.

I'm going to second that.. For some reason looking at his writings, and his videos, none of it screams "I'm going to kill people and plan to die myself" Also it's interesting that some of the videos appeared this morning, stating that they were a month old, when yesterday they weren't there.. It's all a little odd.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hm, interesting language, "my" assassination. Why would he not say, 'my plan to assassinate Gabrielle Giffords'? Saying "my" assassination almost implies that you are worried about someone assassinating you. But anyways, this does seem to clearly show that he did plan ahead, and since he was so strange about his language, he probably was referring to Gabrielle Giffords. Wish they would publish more than little snippets but the entirety of what he said.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Now all they have to find is some diary of his saying how he loves Sarah Palin and how he will take out that "target" for her in Arizona. Yes, let's just wait and see how much more they can try to drag talk radio, Palin, and the Tea Party people into this incident.

I doubt they will find such a neat link, but crazier things have happened.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
Hm, interesting language, "my" assassination. Why would he not say, 'my plan to assassinate Gabrielle Giffords'? Saying "my" assassination almost implies that you are worried about someone assassinating you. But anyways, this does seem to clearly show that he did plan ahead, and since he was so strange about his language, he probably was referring to Gabrielle Giffords. Wish they would publish more than little snippets but the entirety of what he said.

I believe if he wrote it, that he was planning to die there, and is calling his death an assassination.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

He could have meant it as "His Assassination" as in "His Work". Remember, the guy has a weird way with words. He thinks we're all illiterate and he's the grammar king.

Or if it was planted, it would have been written that way so it would have looked like it came from him.

He's getting quite the reputation of having a lovehate relationship with words.

edit on 9-1-2011 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Whats in the envelope?
Whats in the envelope?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I agree with you. Why invoke the 5th amendment - the right to silence - if he had already admitted to the crime in writing? He should be mentally unstably proud of what he had done and brag about it to anyone within earshot, being lunatic as many and the media are portraying him.

"My assasination" means I am going to be assasinated, not I am going to conduct an assasination. Read it for what it is.

"I planned ahead" means that he is concern about obstacles ahead, thus he planned ahead, something we do all the time.

Furthermore, why isnt the full text of the letter revealed and we are given bits and pieces left to stitch it together to be led to believe he acted alone?

For the sake of truth, may investigators, both from authorities and the internet, leave no stone unturned.

edit on 9-1-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join