It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
Federal charges have been filed against Jared Lee Loughner, the suspected gunman in a shooting rampage at a Safeway supermarket in Arizona that left six dead and 14 wounded, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.
FBI Director Robert Mueller said earlier on Sunday that Loughner, 22, may face additional charges under the domestic terrorism statute.
Details remain murky. However, the shooting occurred in a shopping center with chain stores, so video cameras were likely in the vicinity...
The complaint against Napolitano says she aided John Roll in these criminal acts of obstruction:
Ms. Janet Napolitano with:
(1) aiding and abetting the obstruction of correspondence transmitted via first class, certified, and registered United States Mail, under color of law (25 counts), in violation of 18 U.S.C. 2 and 1702;
(2) aiding and abetting the act of tampering with a federal grand jury (25 counts), in violation of 18 U.S.C. 2 and 1512;
(3) aiding and abetting obstruction of criminal investigations (25 counts), in violation of 18 U.S.C. 2 and 1510;
(4) deprivation of fundamental Rights under color of law, specifically the Right to Petition a lawfully convened federal grand jury for a formal investigation (25 counts), in violation of 18 U.S.C. 242;
(5) conspiracy to commit all of the above (25 counts), in violation of 18 U.S.C. 241 and 371.
By Dr B at 4:27 PM
Originally posted by starviego
they didn't bother to list any of the other wounded. The document states that about 19 people were shot in total
--letter from Congresswoman Giffords to "Mr. Jared Loughney" on Congressional stationary, dated August 30, 2007, thanking him for attending a "Congress on your Corner" event at the Foothills Mall in Tucson.
Was Loughner stalking his target?
The investigators seem to have made up their minds about how many were involved:
The federal law enforcement source cautioned that the investigation is not even a day old, but said investigators' working theory is that Loughner acted alone and that there is no evidence so far that suggests the shooting spree was a conspiracy involving one or more individuals.
Originally posted by XPLodER
i dont comdem illegal actions and this incident is no different
they guy deserves life in prison their is no excuse for less
that said i would like to add some back round info on on of the people who died a judge
I disagree. He deserves the death penalty for killing innocent people including a 8 year old girl !!
edit on 9-1-2011 by mwood because: Removed what I considered an inappropriate statement after re-reading it.
Originally posted by BenIndaSun
...so where's all of the footage from surrounding businesses?