It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Charges Filed Against Suspected Arizona Gunman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Federal Charges Filed Against Suspected Arizona Gunman

www.foxnews.com

Federal charges have been filed against Jared Lee Loughner, the suspected gunman in a shooting rampage at a Safeway supermarket in Arizona that left six dead and 14 wounded, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

FBI Director Robert Mueller said earlier on Sunday that Loughner, 22, may face additional charges under the domestic terrorism statute.

Details remain murky. However, the shooting occurred in a shopping center with chain stores, so video cameras were likely in the vicinity...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So it's now official, JLL has been charged. I recommend reading the pdf of the actual complaint and you will find some odd information

www.foxnews.com...

The evidence and probable cause section is odd considering the notes they found in a safe. The note does not seem like the way he would write, or anyone for that matter. This just seems like too perfect a note (they say the letter said "I planned"), and he signed it??? Why would he sign it?

It was also unsettling how the entire complaint spends so much more time only talking about the government victims, while briefly mentioning some of the others. I think govt officials and citizens alike are equal victims.

I'm not defending JLL, I have no idea what happened in AZ yesterday. I hope they release the footage and don't classify it forever.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-1-2011 by BenIndaSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the links.

pdf of criminal complaint:
www.foxnews.com...

They listed a few of the wounded(two from the congresswoman's staff), though they didn't bother to list any of the other wounded. The document states that about 19 people were shot in total
Evidence gathered:
--letter from Congresswoman Giffords to "Mr. Jared Loughney" on Congressional stationary, dated August 30, 2007, thanking him for attending a "Congress on your Corner" event at the Foothills Mall in Tucson.

Was Loughner stalking his target?

The investigators seem to have made up their minds about how many were involved:

www.foxnews.com...
The federal law enforcement source cautioned that the investigation is not even a day old, but said investigators' working theory is that Loughner acted alone and that there is no evidence so far that suggests the shooting spree was a conspiracy involving one or more individuals.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
i dont comdem illegal actions and this incident is no different
they guy deserves life in prison their is no excuse for less
that said i would like to add some back round info on on of the people who died a judge

The complaint against Napolitano says she aided John Roll in these criminal acts of obstruction:

Ms. Janet Napolitano with:

(1) aiding and abetting the obstruction of correspondence transmitted via first class, certified, and registered United States Mail, under color of law (25 counts), in violation of 18 U.S.C. 2 and 1702;

(2) aiding and abetting the act of tampering with a federal grand jury (25 counts), in violation of 18 U.S.C. 2 and 1512;

(3) aiding and abetting obstruction of criminal investigations (25 counts), in violation of 18 U.S.C. 2 and 1510;

(4) deprivation of fundamental Rights under color of law, specifically the Right to Petition a lawfully convened federal grand jury for a formal investigation (25 counts), in violation of 18 U.S.C. 242;

(5) conspiracy to commit all of the above (25 counts), in violation of 18 U.S.C. 241 and 371.

By Dr B at 4:27 PM

apcheck.blogspot.com...

the information comes from a blog but i wounder if this is just a coincedence or motive
xploder

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
they didn't bother to list any of the other wounded. The document states that about 19 people were shot in total
Evidence gathered:
--letter from Congresswoman Giffords to "Mr. Jared Loughney" on Congressional stationary, dated August 30, 2007, thanking him for attending a "Congress on your Corner" event at the Foothills Mall in Tucson.

Was Loughner stalking his target?

The investigators seem to have made up their minds about how many were involved:

www.foxnews.com...
The federal law enforcement source cautioned that the investigation is not even a day old, but said investigators' working theory is that Loughner acted alone and that there is no evidence so far that suggests the shooting spree was a conspiracy involving one or more individuals.

It would have been more complete and accurate (not to mention courteous to the families) to list all of the victims.

There seems to be a weird prior connection between Loughner and Gifford. Her youtube (I know it probably wasn't her, maybe a staffer) was subscribed to his alleged youtube channel. Now this letter from years ago, when he was about 18. There may be other connections, and perhaps he was a stalker. But the 'erad3' member on ATS didn't talk about politics or her from the posts I read, although he was fascinated/obsessed with NASA and the space program linked via her husband.

Third, this investigation is moving rapidly in some angles, considering they have him, have filed charges, and are seem directly focused on him without too much attention to other aspects (including the man shown in the video footage which they aren't revealing much about, such as why they even think he was involved).

But, they haven't yet released the video footage. In the Florida school board shooting it was released the next day, so where's all of the footage from surrounding businesses? My guess it was confiscated by the FBI and will only be released in bits and pieces, or just 1 piece like the pentagon.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
i dont comdem illegal actions and this incident is no different
they guy deserves life in prison their is no excuse for less
that said i would like to add some back round info on on of the people who died a judge

I disagree. He deserves the death penalty for killing innocent people including a 8 year old girl !!

edit on 9-1-2011 by mwood because: Removed what I considered an inappropriate statement after re-reading it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenIndaSun
...so where's all of the footage from surrounding businesses?

They are trying to excise this guy from the footage:

www.npr.org...
Giffords was talking to a couple when the suspect ran up firing indiscriminately and then ran off, Michaels said. According to other witnesses, he was tackled by a bystander and taken into custody.

www.youtube.com...
"Some witnesses told LE... that they thought there was someone was with him... it looked like he was acting with someone...."

www.freerepublic.com...
Rayle was just on Fox. He said another witness saw a young man dashing away from the scene. He doesn’t think Loughner acted alone.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Is it a Coincidence or a Conspiracy that the Shooting occurred days before a Scheduled City Gun Ordinance Vote this week?

new topics

top topics

join