It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Western Churches and Governments promoting hate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Are Western Churches and Governments promoting hate?

Anti-Semitism is a hate crime. Should anti-Gay be?

www.youtube.com...

www.cnn.com... eed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_latest+%28RSS%3A+Most+Recent%29

www.youtube.com...

Anti-Semitism is now considered a hate crime.
We recognized that to discriminate or denigrate Jews, a sub group of our society, without just cause, as just plain wrong.

Yet some Western Religions, notably Christian, Catholic and Muslims, as well as some state governments have laws and dogma that promote the denigration and discrimination of Gays, without just cause.

They use this dogma and force of law to deny Gays the rights that the rest of us all enjoy as full participants in our various communities. Canada is leading the way in this and I offer them kudos for that and wonder what the other Western nations are waiting for to take the next step to a more moral position.

Should governments treat religious intolerance in the same way as they handle Jewish anti-Semitism?

Should anti-Gay states be chastised by the Federal Government and urged/forced to comply to the new reality the same way that they were in the days of segregation?

Should the Gay movement start to target Churches and governments the way Churches and governments target them? I appreciate that Gays have better manners generally speaking than theists but when does enough become enough.

In other words, should Western governments start to clean up their act before urging Eastern countries to clean up theirs?

In other words, should Western governments start to clean up their act before urging Eastern countries to clean up theirs?

Should gag orders or worse be brought against Churches and their hierarchies such as the two examples shown above?

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Religion and its associated members should be treated with discipline and should be subject to prosecution. Instead, governments and police give them exclusive rights and privileges, which is what I call special treatment. Tax exemption, freedom of discrimination, proselytizing disinformation, protesting funerals, money embezzlement in churches, etc. They've got it all and they're allowed to do it without facing penalties.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I know it bothers me when churches bless the soldier before he leaves for deployment. It is not their purpose. Its against their teachings. You cannot be a christian and a soldier. The catholic church blessed both sides during ww2. It gives the soldier the feeling he is doing a holy thing, that it is alright with god.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
They are promoting divisions and hatred. That's what they need to keep themselves in power and keep the money flowing into their coffers.

It is our duty not to buy into it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
There are a lot of stories of a secret cultures of hate within some political influences mentioned. So indirectly through the lies that come out some out things get twisted and messed up and could be interpreted as promoting hate. Not all involved in the political processes are like this, but it has been an ongoing problem for a while. If you come across any stories about it, let it be known.

Discrimination is a crime and involves differences between all cultures not just Anti-Semitism. Either we can all work together on this planet or all kill each other. The law has decided to work together, I agree. I do understand multiculturalism can bring a lot of issues with it, but it is a small world these days and we have to learn how to live with each other, despite our differences.
edit on 9-1-2011 by kwakakev because: added learning about multiculturalism

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
Religion and its associated members should be treated with discipline and should be subject to prosecution. Instead, governments and police give them exclusive rights and privileges, which is what I call special treatment. Tax exemption, freedom of discrimination, proselytizing disinformation, protesting funerals, money embezzlement in churches, etc. They've got it all and they're allowed to do it without facing penalties.

I agree that any special status should be pulled and that they should be subject to the same laws that we all must follow.
That would be separation of state and church.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Churches and governments promote hate,yes.

If you cannot see it,you must be nearly completely blind.

Hate disguised as "Business As Usual".

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
I know it bothers me when churches bless the soldier before he leaves for deployment. It is not their purpose. Its against their teachings. You cannot be a christian and a soldier. The catholic church blessed both sides during ww2. It gives the soldier the feeling he is doing a holy thing, that it is alright with god.

Yes. It is a strange soldiers prayer that says------Please God, make sure it is the other guy that dies and not me.
I am more worthy because my flag is this color and his is not.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
They are promoting divisions and hatred. That's what they need to keep themselves in power and keep the money flowing into their coffers.

I agree and that is why I cannot fathom how those two women in the Catholic link, who have been # on by their Church, can just keep supporting them. Insanity.
I guess that the Church is good at killing human pride.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
Churches and governments promote hate,yes.

If you cannot see it,you must be nearly completely blind.

Hate disguised as "Business As Usual".

Yes. The homophobic are blinded by their condition.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
OP: "Yet some Western Religions, notably Christian, Catholic and Muslims, as well as some state governments have laws and dogma that promote the denigration and discrimination of Gays, without just cause."

When I read some articles mentioning the Catholic Church in America anti-gay stance, there is mention this view is taken because they do not recognize or teach gay relationships.

Don't know if one would consider that 'just cause', but that's what we're told is the Catholic Church's view.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
OP: "Yet some Western Religions, notably Christian, Catholic and Muslims, as well as some state governments have laws and dogma that promote the denigration and discrimination of Gays, without just cause."

When I read some articles mentioning the Catholic Church in America anti-gay stance, there is mention this view is taken because they do not recognize or teach gay relationships.

Don't know if one would consider that 'just cause', but that's what we're told is the Catholic Church's view.

If, just cause, is given just because it is written in their dogma, then Hitler also had a just cause against the Jews because it was written in his.

Get serious friend.

One should not discriminate and deny the rights of others without a just cause.

All sins create victims.

Who is victimized by adult Gays living their life styles?
No one.
So why victimize them?

Use your logic and moral sense and answer that.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

I agree and that is why I cannot fathom how those two women in the Catholic link, who have been # on by their Church, can just keep supporting them. Insanity.
I guess that the Church is good at killing human pride.

Regards
DL

I agree, governments and the church both are good at killing human pride, human self respect, etc.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

A humbled crowd is much easier to order around. They will not question or push for better rules to follow.
Note how sheeple follow a genocidal maniac without question.

I am often told, after I point out something immoral that God did, that I am not fit to judge God yet I am being told this by those who have judged him good.
Nothing like reciprocity.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

A humbled crowd is much easier to order around. They will not question or push for better rules to follow.

I agree with you on that!

I am often told, after I point out something immoral that God did, that I am not fit to judge God yet I am being told this by those who have judged him good.

I love this twist of irony - I'll remember that one and keep it in my arsenal for future use!

Regards
DL

Regards to you too.
edit on 11-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I agree with you on that!

I love this twist of irony - I'll remember that one and keep it in my arsenal for future use!

Regards
DL

Regards to you too.
edit on 11-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

"I love this twist of irony - I'll remember that one and keep it in my arsenal for future use!"

Praise God. So to speak.
That is my job, duty and pleasure.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Churches most definately but Goverments negative!
edit on 12-1-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Churches most definately but Goverments negative!
edit on 12-1-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

Really?

Watch this again for the first time.
Hint. Anti-sodomy laws.
The Government has no business in the bedrooms of the nation when there are concenting adults only in them.

They are pushing a religious view, not a secular view.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

join