It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triple Punch Hole Clouds, Wow.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Those of you that havent seen this already may want to have a look. I still cant bring myself to belive that these are natural. How can that be possible.?
www.spaceweather.com...

Considered a mystery for many years, punch hole clouds appear on rare occasions all over the world, sometimes attracting widespread attention, e.g., the famous Moscow UFO cloud of 2009.
www.meteorologynews.com...

If water droplets in the cloud are supercooled (below freezing but still liquid), they can suddenly turn to snow when shocked by the passage of the plane.

edit on 9/1/11 by masqua because: All Caps in title

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
All I can say is WOW!
I had never even heard of them

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
From what I've read it seems plausible that it would be natural but it still looks very cool.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

edit on 9/1/11 by The Empty Skies because: nm

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Glad you brought these to the board. They are beautiful........................and scary.

I'm officailly "ATS' freaked out" for the day.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Call me weird but IMHO, some of the best images from mother nature are of cloud formations! Great pics

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
flying saucer doing this ? .. or the shield of earth failling because of the bombardment of solar flares ?

the picture is amazing

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/596c61919229.jpg[/atsimg]

solar flares causing this or a cloaked alien ship ?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Interesting no doubt. Ive seen this before, it very well could be a natural occurence, it doesnt mean that its not a problem. I think we can rule out wind since the edges of the circle are sharp and not difused, wind is also inconsistant. Is there some sort of natural occurence where wind flows vertically in a concentrated shape? Like a circle? The fact that there are three in one spot is very strange. Could this be a side effect from a problem with our ozone/atmosphere? I noticed that below the cloud line you can see remnants of cloud makeup whisping away.

Just came across another thread that has the same phenomenon, its being called a ring ufo.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9-1-2011 by M40T4 because: to add

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Absolutely natural, and really cool to see! I've seen lines of them, in their last stage before dissipating. They are also called "Fallstreak holes". They form from a chain reaction of super-cooled water turning into ice crystals (the Bergeron process), which fall, leaving streaks called virga. The formation beneath is sometimes called a sylph, which some people believe is a being of the air, come to rid our skies of "chemtrails". It is just a cloud, though. And because the hole forming above it is developing symetrically, so will the cloud below. It is believed that the moisture from planes is one of the catalysts to start formation; so planes really do effect the clouds, if only for a little while.
The "UFO" cloud that someone is bound to post about is an optical illusion.
Almost forgot, here's a really nice one. This is the Cloud Appreciation Society, which also has 102 pictures of them, much of them more bizarre than this one. My favorite looks like a jellyfish. The link is a picture of one; to see the others go to "Picture Gallery", "Select Category", "Fallstreak Holes". These people are really sure these are all clouds, too.
edit on 9-1-2011 by stars15k because: Forgot something

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have never heard of or seen anything like this ever - thank goodness you brought them to our attention because I would freak out big time if I had seen them. Amazing photos!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Unfortunately there is nothing natural about these holes, this is the result of a cold cloud seeding operation. They use planes to dump dry ice onto the cloud deck.

Here is a link to the Nth American Weather Consultnts website which shows a picture of one from above the cloud deck and explains the method.

www.nawcinc.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
My gut instinct says this is nowhere near natural. Not only does it say 'REPENT YE MONSTER' but should I see one I'll know to turn the opposite way. A giant god damn hole in the clouds spiraling down into a 'tornado' of sorts? It looks to me like a precursor of an electro magnetic storm. That's man made son. And that's some real evil, god damn.
edit on 15-1-2011 by OneLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

Couple of links regarding Cloud Seeding, not 100% convinced myself I have to add. I would be more inclined to look toward the earth magnetism but I am not expert on the subject so will not claim to know much about Could Seeding.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
reply to post by Seagle

Couple of links regarding Cloud Seeding, not 100% convinced myself I have to add. I would be more inclined to look toward the earth magnetism but I am not expert on the subject so will not claim to know much about Could Seeding.

www.abc.net.au...

Are you not convinced that cloud seeding works or that it exists? It definitely exists and is now rife throughout the world. There are now countless dial-a-cloud companies around the world playing Mother Nature and they have gone beyond just seeding existing rain clouds. They can now seed hot or cold clouds and there are companies claiming they can create rain clouds in blue sky in the middle of the desert and then manipulate the direction they travel.

The only real international restriction on weather modification is the UN restriction on using weather modification as a weapon, other than that it is almost unregulated and there is nothing stopping corporations using it against their competition. The market has become so big that there are already companies selling planes pre-fitted with cloud seeding equipment. Here is an example - www.weathermodification.com...

It is out of control.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Wheres OZ Weatherman when you really need him?

jks

new topics

top topics

join