It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its official the earth is cracking up

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy
this is a informative thread discussing relevant matters concerning earths crust that indicate expansion at possibly accelerated rate and is of interest to all including geologists.
edit on 11-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

Bollocks to that.

I'm sorry, but any Geologist worth his weight in, um, let's say even salt, does not subscribe to the expanding Earth idea as Plate Tectonics more than accounts for crustal movement...you know, subduction as well as spreading ridges. Expanding Earth is a load of crap, and my fellow Geologists will tell you the same thing. Thanks, however, for the laugh around the coffee pot.

I see this thread as buying into the hysteria these days, trying to find patterns that aren't there. A type of Pareidolia, if you will....certainly a type of paranoia.

We live on a dynamic planet and as such can expect things to be bumpy or unsettled or calm.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
reply to post by gringoboy

I asked a member of ATS to create a thread that i find is relevant and can only help these boards. I would have made it myself but due to what i believe personally that surrounds us daily ends up where my threads get trashed and derailled and im branded a scaremonger

You are branded many things, I believe, because you claim that the LHC is about to destroy our planet. Big statements without big argumentation invite big ridicule.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I have`nt got a clue what your talking about,that is a well established facility for finding antimatter and the higgs boson,which will revolutionize the world,especially the multiverse.off course the norway spiral is a strange phenomena and everybodies opinion is relevant and personal and controversal but it should not be debased by chatroom debunk antics that have no connection to this thread.
when did this type of rationale become common on this site,whats going on nothing positive to add.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Hi buddhasystem, I feel your attack on gringoboy a bit harsh in stating that he said the CERN facility would blow up the world. Where is it stated he said this? I have not seen this claim and if he did what is the point in flaming this successful and though provoking thread which is obviously off topic and a personal attack by yourself?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Wait. I thought the Earth was getting cooler, not warmer. So does that pose a theory that the Earth is cooling itself, or something is cooling the earth becasue it knows it's getting warmer?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Technically the earth could be recorded as warmer around the equatorial belt,but be polarised and freezing in northern and southern latitudes and the mean ,well meaning nothing and constituted as warm.This then implies it depending on how long it remains freezing and or cooler in northern and southern latitudes over the year statistically giving the mean average temperature from all regions which does`nt reflect the reality of a onsetting freezing situation or warming environment.It does seem as though some supercooling has been going on of late though for the second year running and if it continues into next year will statistically buck the trend of global warming and herald a scientific study of why,perhaps increased electroconduction of magnetosphere will explain it,problem is how do you slow it down as well as the reflective properties if frozen snow tundra.which would accelerate the radiance from the sun and supercool more.It is recorded as the warmest year on record ,which is puzzling but the whole globe has to taken into consideration over the full year.
Ying and Yang ,which way will it go,we are due a iceage as well....thats another topic.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I think this link will give you a idea of how complex water is at freezing and what can be used.or sprayed to cause a iceage or supercooling to counteract global warming,infact lithium in the sky....cooler weather.....No surely not !
news.discovery.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Title is misleading.

It's not 'Official' at all.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

do tell, exactly what denotes 'official' in your eyes?
i would suppose only confirmation from the science community? or a specific leader in the science community? or perhaps you're waiting for Mr Obama to make a declaration.

As i'm pretty sure we're all curious why visual evidence isn't enough for you, please do share what would 'convince' you that something Unusual is happening, each and every day of this year, officially.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Because it isn't official. No one of any import has come out and said anything about this being anything unusual or beyond the background figures.
The title is misleading because it isn't 'Official".

The thesis put forward by the OP does not wash and even falls in the face of observation, that's why.

It's about increased reporting of events due to greater interconnectedness brought about by Communications Systems etc, not from actual events occurring more often, not 'the quickening', not the expanding earth etc.

Plain fear-mongering and ignorance, there, I've said it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Forget fear,forget scaremoungering and see the evidence ,even though antimatter has been found in thunderstorms you have to admit looking at saturn recently and seeing the same thing appear does make one wonder ,and considering a thread has just been opened stating a meteor has crashed in missisippi,and speculation that the light anomaly that sparked on the moon may have been a meteor ,its not fear moungering but scientific observation,try it sometime thats how shoemaker levi got found,as I explained there is a increase in meteor activity and is unexpected,also cracks are appearing all around the world are you in denial,so then you are the official who wants to stop open positive information of any new sinkholes or cracks,rifts appearing being told to others,why?maybe you are just a little concerned,you should be,keep a breast of more,theres more to come its no coincidence finding antimatter in the clouds when they`ve been watching them for years ,saturn at the same time,jupiter warming,really as long as it does`nt affect you,your only concern is to close more info,official or unofficial.Your just can`t help being semantical and skeptical,open your eyes,scientist are going to see into the next dimension soon and it will happen so easily they won`t even ask why ?Now sri lanka is now flooding as well as australia....mmmm interesting !
www.bbc.co.uk...

vodpod.com...

taking back the meteor claim link to reasonwww.mikesastrophotos.com...
but I will add this oddness no just ice crystals but are they on the increase reflecting solar radiance,if so then why ,need to research data on this as the ice crystals obviously are following magnetic lines in ionised form.
www.yr.no...

edit on 12-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)
alot coincidences a first last year more antimatter than we need huh
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

It was Jazz10 i think buddahsystem was talking about with the LHC comments Kalenga!

Is this happening anywhere else Gringo?
I wonder where else this is happening right now?

Peace

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Hi aotAki, Why does the word 'official' annoy you so much?
Everyone's interpretation of words is conjecture. I worked in the media for many years and their headlines in some instances were liabilise.
This is an alternative website, not The New York Times!
Anyway, do you think any 'official' sources would claim that the world was cracking up???
Watching those disasters movies, like The Core, The Day After Tomorrow, Deep Impact etc....what happens in them?
The real evidence is kept from Joe Public for as long as possible.
An example of truth being stranger than fiction is in the movie The Core.
Birds falling from the sky, was a sign that the earth's inner core had stop rotating and the world would end within months.
I don't know if the movie is based on empirical evidence but the knowledge must have come from somewhere?
Observing, even anecdotally, is a scientific tool. What do psychologists do in their everyday jobs? Watch, observe and come to a hypothesis of how likely the outcome is in their chosen research subjects, sorry it is participants nowadays.
I hate the flaming that goes on here as we are all here to discuss, how outlandish it might seem, alternative views on what goes on in this beautiful planet of ours.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I almost want to call "bull!" on your thread, not out of disbelief, but rather fear. A couple of years ago, I had a truly jaw dropping nightmare. I was outside with my daughter, it was night. We heard cracks and the next thing I know, a big piece of the Earth (which her and I were standing on) "detached" itself and drifted away from everyone else.

I don't usually dream (at least I never remember them) and even when I do, it's nothing spectacular. So this one dream really stuck out.

Scary stuff happening today.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by watsgoingon?

Apart from a new thread by Adept2u British Geological Survey Warns of Pole Reversal and Expansion of South Atlantic Anomaly.
nothing much keeping eye on things ,see other like minded people interested in positive discussion about our fragile earth,brilliant check it out.
I hope evryone gets something from this thread and official or unofficial wakes up and start noticing more.
Thanks
here are some officials who did get it wrong including al Gore ,now how more official do they get,courtesy of adept2u thread and harry haller.British Geological Survey Warns of Pole Reversal and Expansion of South Atlantic Anomaly
wattsupwiththat.com...
Yep ozone hole a load of croak what do you say now aorarki

finally gravity
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
In relation to scientific. peer reviewed, empirical evidence with scientific data being flawed, fixed, has been manipulated for centuries. Here are a few scientific studies that were found out to be flawed. So, the soothsayers who ask for 'official' evidence, that can be trusted, scientific evidence can just be as made up as all the stuff you all quote in this thread seems to be?

Flawed official evidence of reporting MMR injection causes autism: en.wikipedia.org...

Ecstasy flawed research that it causes brain damage:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome research flawed as scientists said it was caused by a virus.
blogs.forbes.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
A few articles on the largest island of ice which broke off from Greenland, 4 times the size of Manhattan and it might endanger shipping lanes and oil rigs.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Petermann iceberg calves, with the broken piece entering the Nares Strait:
esciencenews.com...

Latest news on January 4 2011, scientists find a drastic shift in the atlatic ocean current, leading to conclusion of manmade global warming:
www.redorbit.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

So its true then canada is not going to be as cold according to this information at least in labrador so global warming is happening but is changing the way heat is distributed around the globe as well,so it looks like a run away train effect,some optimism as it is fluctuating,but that iceberg is quite a find and only 3 days back,this weird torrential rain and previous ,mini iceage in europe and pacific oceanic belt stalling,la nina,cracks appearing,and the new thread stating empirically that the poleshift is happening as ozone hole is a monitor for its activity....mmm very interesting.i thought it was all over apparently not.Come to think of it it was allways scorching down the southern aussie region and now its cooling and in the opposite axis to aussie ,canada is heating up,I see a pattern here a pole flip causing canada to be like australia and australia becoming like canada,remember its a postulation,but think about it.
Equal and opposites attract when it comes to a magnet !This may be it happening with the extreme rain because with extreme rain comes atmospheric air dispersal causing winds and cooling,could this be the process starting in aussie,very interesting.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

what do you say now aorarki

I think one needs an understanding of Natural Hazards and how often they occur and understand that one in ten years, one in a hundred year events etc do occur.
I don't, personally, see any synchronicity occuring where everything is falling apart. Rather I see isolated incidents as coincidence and people clutching at straws as some sort of misplaced 'end-times' event.

Don't worry, we'll be here a good time longer yet.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

what do you say now aorarki

I think one needs an understanding of Natural Hazards and how often they occur and understand that one in ten years, one in a hundred year events etc do occur.
I don't, personally, see any synchronicity occuring where everything is falling apart. Rather I see isolated incidents as coincidence and people clutching at straws as some sort of misplaced 'end-times' event.

Don't worry, we'll be here a good time longer yet.

Oh well take a look at my new thread"the earth is moving new evidence" before jumping to any conclusions,by the way the way the earth is behaving ,the earth as in us will be cracking up when it reaches and affects me and you and others,look at those drowning and fleeing around the world just now.The siesmic activity this last 30 days is over the top,go see,seeing is believing..Not doom and gloom but factual observation by many.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Maybe 'factual observation' by those who don't know their natural history.

Sure, it may seem odd on a human time scale, but these things have been occurring for millions of years and we are still around.

I work with people who are at the 'coal face', so to speak, of Natural Hazards. Oh no, are they covering it up? Bulldust.
edit on 12-1-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join