It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ wants your TWITTER Account Information (Wikileaks related)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Some people get the following message from TWITTER (Wikileaks related)

Kessel, Jan-07 11:20 am (PST):
Dear Twitter User:

We are writing to inform you that Twitter has received legal process requesting information regarding your Twitter account, @rop_g. A copy of the legal process is attached. The legal process requires Twitter to produce documents related to your account.

Please be advised that Twitter will respond to this request in 10 days from the date of this notice unless we receive notice from you that a motion to quash the legal process has been filed or that this matter has been otherwise resolved.

To respond to this notice, please e-mail us at .

This notice is not legal advice. You may wish to consult legal counsel about this matter. If you need assistance seeking counsel, you may consider contacting the Electronic Frontier Foundation or the ACLU .

Sincerely,

Twitter Legal

==================================

http://(link tracking not allowed)/edzxwf

paranoia.dubfire.net...

=================================

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
why all of a sudden do they want other people's twitter info? is it people directly involved with wikileaks or just people who have visited/posted on the wikileaks twitter??

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Things like this are the reason I keep my nose out of the whole Wikileaks nonsense, no point in getting it caught in the door and possibly finding myself out of a job or anything like that. I wonder if any ATS members who use Twitter will be caught up in this sort of virtual dragnet?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
One of the links did not work. This one should show the TWITTER message

rop.gonggri.jp...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
Things like this are the reason I keep my nose out of the whole Wikileaks nonsense, no point in getting it caught in the door and possibly finding myself out of a job or anything like that. I wonder if any ATS members who use Twitter will be caught up in this sort of virtual dragnet?

Do you mean ATS members can also give up their Secret anonymous postings if they used TWITTER?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

You can't stop the governmachine

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
techbuzzblog.com...

Three of the Twitter accounts which are of interest to prosecutors belong to Jacob Appelbaum (@ioerror), Rop Gonggrijp (@rop_g) and Birgitta Jonsdottir (@birgittaj).

Jacob Appelbaum is a well known American hacker currently employed as a developer by the Tor Project to work on anonymizing software.
Tor is used for anonymous postings, but the anonymous status is very unclear now.

Rop Gonggrijp is a Dutch hacker and founder of XS4ALL, one of the oldest Internet service providers in the Netherlands. He is known to have helped WikiLeaks prepare the release of the “Collateral Murder” video.
Gonggrijp raises a very interesting issue on his blog. “Heaven knows how many places have received similar subpoenas and just quietly submitted all they had on me,” he writes.

Birgitta Jonsdottir is a member of the Icelandic Parliament, where she seats on the Foreign Affairs Committee. She is also a member of the Icelandic delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly.
Like Gonggrijp, Jonsdottir volunteered for WikiLeaks to help prepare the release of the July 12, 2007 Baghdad airstrike video.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Haha I signed up for twitter to get points to get into RATS.. Found nothing there...Then I reopened my twitter to mess with Kayne West when he had a midol moment...which got exhausting because it was like every hour.

Well I never looked at anything on twitter wiki related that I remember. I find twitter pointless to be honest.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by hawk123

You can't stop the governmachine

gizmodo.com...

The information demanded by the DOJ is sweeping in scope. It includes all mailing addresses and billing information known for the user, all connection records and session times, all IP addresses used to access Twitter, all known email accounts, as well as the "means and source of payment," including banking records and credit cards. It seeks all of that information for the period beginning November 1, 2009, through the present.

top topics

join