It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Az Shooter's ties with anti-immigration hate groups

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Source

WASHINGTON -- Jared Lee Loughner, the alleged shooter of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and others on Saturday, may have ties to anti-Semitic, anti-immigration hate group American Renaissance, according to a leaked memo from the Department of Homeland Security.

It's unclear whether Loughner maintains a direct connection to the group, however, "strong suspicion is being directed" at American Renaissance in the wake of the group being referenced in Loughner's Myspace and YouTube videos, according to the memo, which was obtained by Fox News.

Seems things are starting to come clear overall. Oh well.

I guess this is the new politics...make your political viewpoints via gun verses discussion. Weird thing is, Az is rife with neo-con measures...I guess he may have had an issue with even a point of view different being vocalized if this pans out to be the root cause.

-sighs-

Now, let me go back to reading about the criminal government in charge deserving this...I think the only criminals we got are the ones thinking murdering elected officals is somehow a american thing to do.

Treason...your doing it right (some of you)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

In my opinion, this guy was simply a nutcase. Whatever political affiliation he might have his irrelevent. This guy craziness could have been fuel by either left or right wing viewpoint.
In this particular case, it just happened to be a right wing extremist

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Spelling: You’re doing it wrong

Also, who are you to define the website you referenced as “anti-immigration” or a “hate group”?

Provide evidence.

I usually admire your posts here. You let me down on this one.

Peace
edit on 1.9.2011 by ItsTheQuestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
Spelling: You’re doing it wrong

Also, who are you to define the website you referenced as “anti-immigration” or a “hate group”?

Provide evidence.

I usually admire your posts here. You let me down on this one.

Peace
edit on 1.9.2011 by ItsTheQuestion because: (no reason given)

From the article linked

American Renaissance is a white nationalist group that operates under a pseudo think tank called the New Century Foundation. The group runs a magazine and conferences based on eugenics and the superiority of whites, according to Southern Poverty Law Center.

The group considers its members to be "racial-realists," according to an "About Us" section on the American Renaissance magazine website. "Attempts to gloss over the significance of race or even to deny its reality only make problems worse," the group writes. "Progress requires the study of all aspects of race, whether historical, cultural, or biological. This approach is known as race realism."

The pseudo-science in the magazine refers to biological superiority of whites, with titles such as "Swine Flu: Is There a Racial Link?" and "Ignoring Biological Reality Means Social and Economic Catastrophe." After President Barack Obama was elected in 2008, the magazine ran a feature called "Transition to Black Rule?"

American Renaissance is opposed to the entry of non-whites into the United States and supports Arizona's SB 1070 immigration law, which was criticized as racist and challenged by the Obama Justice Department. In an introduction to readers when the magazine was started in 1990, the publication wrote that "blacks and Hispanics are, compared to whites, far more likely to be poor, illiterate, on welfare, or in jail; they are far more likely to have illegitimate children, be addicted to drugs, or have AIDS. By no definition of international competitiveness can the presence of these populations be anything but a disadvantage."

The group's connection to anti-Semitism is slightly more complicated. Although Holocaust deniers and neo-Nazis are often present at New Century Foundation conferences, group founder Jared Taylor cracked down on anti-Semitic speech in the magazine and at events, according to Southern Poverty Law Center. But after an anti-Semitic outburst at the 2006 conference, the group lost some of its Jewish supporters.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I guess he may have had an issue with even a point of view different being vocalized if this pans out to be the root cause.

Personally, I'd wait for his mental evaluation, as that's probably the 'root cause' if you will, of this event, not political rhetoric from either side although that probably played a large role in causing to set him off. Just my two cents anyways...

Now, let me go back to reading about the criminal government in charge deserving this

That will be trumped by the amount of talk of how this was an obvious MK Ultra CIA inside job nonsense anyways

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well is the "Huff" a credible paper? Or is this another hoax on top of all the others. AR is a nasty organisation but how strong is the link to this nutjob. Perhaps like Palin (who is innocent) they may also distance themselves ftrom him.

Even if he was a card carrying memeber of AR why choose the congresswoman?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Saturn
what I think the poster means is that
your OP describes how ONE organization
views another organization. The organization
doing the claiming is the Southern Poverty
Law Center. They claim LOTS of groups
out there are terrorists or anti-Semitic when
they actually are not. In other words, Southern
Poverty cooks the books in promoting disinfo
on groups not aligned with their way of thinking.
Very similar to the way ADL does things.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Well again you see my beef with sloppy terminology. Anyway have you checked out the AR?

Here is a link

www.amren.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Saturn
what I think the poster means is that
your OP describes how ONE organization
views another organization. The organization
doing the claiming is the Southern Poverty
Law Center. They claim LOTS of groups
out there are terrorists or anti-Semitic when
they actually are not. In other words, Southern
Poverty cooks the books in promoting disinfo
on groups not aligned with their way of thinking.
Very similar to the way ADL does things.

So are you going to refute the claim itself and prove otherwise, or are you saying don't believe it because SPLC are overreactionary?

Fox news is now reporting on this...just so you know..its ok to start looking at the facts now..the conservative thought police have allowed it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Here are the facts as we know them to be currently

a insane fringe far far right lunatic racist pro-facist anti-immigrant anti-jew attempted to murder a jewish democrat. Why is this a stretch to think this is connected as motive?

and No...this guy does not represent conservatism, nor libertarianism, nor even the freaky fringe right...he represents insanity.

There is a sickness and danger with fanatical viewpoints...left or right..this guy falls in the right
I reckon he will eventually be put into the same catagory as the guy whom killed the guard at the holocast museum in some respects when this is over.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm not sure I underhand the value of the profile.

Crazy guy aligned himself with racist group which incited him to violence?

Crazy guy latched onto crazy groups which incited him to violence?

Crazy guy was already violent and sought justification in a crazy group?

Normal guy joined crazy group and became crazy in turn?

Is one factor supposed to be causal over another?

Is something supposed to be done to the group to prevent others from turning crazy?

Aside from it being a simple "fun fact" I'm afraid I fail to see the value in the connection.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Update:
I popped on over to american renassance to see just what the website was about.

Yep, its all but a KKK style "news" website. if this is the SPLC taking liberties and "cooking the books", then I guess I am right there with them.

silly...next I guess if we find out he was part of the KKK, the KKK will be considered just a group that likes white sheets according to some.

step back into reality.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

True, and valid point

My view, he was crazy before...he is crazy now. he was part of a racist group, there may be a connection there, but for now, its simple speculation...a person rarely needs a fringe group to tell them how to think and who to kill.

If this reflects poorly on a racist hate organization..well...erm..who cares. heh. It may not be their fault entirely, but its sort of par for the course.

Pity he didn't also speak about the merits of the Phelps westboro baptist church...they deserve the shunning.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
a insane fringe far far right lunatic racist pro-facist anti-immigrant anti-jew attempted to murder a jewish democrat. Why is this a stretch to think this is connected as motive?

I'm not so sure. The FBI reportedly found a letter in his home from Giffords dating from 2007. In it, she thanked him for attending some prior political event. If that is accurate, I think that this guy could actually be a former Giffords supporter who became angry with her for whatever reason.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You do realize AR denies in any involvement with the shooter, and say they don't even know who he is?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Pure bull, they are just making up anything they want.

The media is garbage, when they target a person they just make it all up, like a script.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

You do realize AR denies in any involvement with the shooter, and say they don't even know who he is?

No doubt...I reckon he was part of AR in the same respects that he was part of ATS. a unknown that is not offically anything.

I am not saying AR did anything wrong here, I am saying he is connected to this group according to homeland security, which may lead to the motive behind the assassination attempt (kill the jewish democrat).

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Pure bull, they are just making up anything they want.

The media is garbage, when they target a person they just make it all up, like a script.

Then why even participate in these threads...for all you know, this whole thing may be a hoax and there was no assassination attempt...just some actors pretending. After all, you only know about any of this because of the media.

moving on then...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Perhaps he is so consumed with hatred his only motivation is to destroy others.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
Well again you see my beef with sloppy terminology. Anyway have you checked out the AR?
Here is a link
www.amren.com...

I'm pretty sure u really meant this link instead

AR is not anti-government, anti-Semitic, or anti-ZOG, as is clear from the 20 years of back issues that are posted on our website. The expression “ZOG” has never appeared in the pages of AR, and we have has always welcomed Jewish participation in our work. Many of the speakers at American Renaissance conferences have been Jewish.

www.amren.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join