It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statement From Pastor Fred Phelps Of Westboro Baptist Church On Tucson Shooting Incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Statement From Pastor Fred Phelps Of Westboro Baptist Church On Tucson Shooting Incident

Thank God for the violent shooter, one of your soldier heroes in Tucson. God appointed the Afghanistan veteran to avenge himself on this evil nation.

Just posting

edit on 1/9/2011 by wisdomnotemotion because: typo

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

all I can say is wow. i don't like that old man to much

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Oh who cares what they think lol?

The only reason they are popular is because people get so outraged by it.

They are just trollin you guys.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Thank God for the violent shooter, one of your soldier heroes in Tucson. God appointed the Afghanistan veteran to avenge himself on this evil nation.

Wait...
I thought... according to Fred and his merry band of idiots...
that God Hates Soldiers.
And smites the "fag idolators".
Doesn't this contradict the prophet's teachings?

I only wish I could watch their judgment.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The only way to deal with people like this is to ignore them. They are just like annoying trolls who feed off attention, if nobody made a fuss about them, then you would starve them of the attention they crave.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Oh my god! The God squad really are strange folk aren't they!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I kinda like the video. It's funny. Is Westboro church real?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
All I know want to know is.....

While these people are out protesting, what idiot stays in Westboro to keep the others entertained?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I am sorry but this man is an idiot and a tyrannical one at that, bad combination for all involved. I am not a religious person but didn't Jesus say Love thy neighbor as ourselves, and didn't Moses say, Tho shall not commit murder? Isn't that against the very teaching they adipose? Or as I would say assexpose? How can a man that condones Mass murder be recognized as an acceptable person to be admired? Hangs head in contemplation then remembers to ignore idiots at all times.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have not read anywhere the shooter is an afghan vet. Phelps is losing it in his crotchety old age.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lektrofellon
Oh my god! The God squad really are strange folk aren't they!

Oh they are very real. They have been protesting at the funerals of dead soldiers for quite some time now.
One of my favorite Westboro Baptist Church moments is this one

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

He's a great example of religious fanatics in U.S.

Most probably he got the wrong info about the shooter being Afghan veteran from the early wave of unconfirmed details.
republicanredefined.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion

I don't know why I am even bothering to state the obvious, but Phelps is an idiot. The shooter cannot be an "Afghanistan Veteran" if they didn't ever admit his application into the Army.

Phelps does seem to have a similar thought process as the shooter. . That is very telling.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I agree that Fred Phelps has descended further into his insane, hate-filled world that only he and his flock understand.

GOD HATES OKLAHOMA! WBC TO PICKET MEMORIAL FOR 3 CHILDREN KILLED IN A DEL CITY, OK RV FIRE, CUT-OFF IN THEIR YOUTH BY AN ANGRY GOD, TO REMIND OKLAHOMANS:
“Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.” Ps. 105:15

"Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.” (Psalm 2:5)

The residents of fag and faux-Christian infested Oklahoma think they can stop WBC’s Gospel message (repent & obey!) by vandalizing WBC property. As a result of their mistreatment of the Lord’s servants and their refusal to OBEY the Lord, God Himself continues to kill more evil Oklahomans in His wrath! The charred remains of these children are an adumbration of the eternal fires reserved in Hell for this wicked generation.
THANK GOD FOR MORE DEAD OKLAHOMANS!

www.godhatesfags.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

That is disgraceful,weve had a similar problem in the U.K. with muslim fundamentalists protesting our war HERO'S, what stands out for me in the word funda-mental-ist is the word MENTAL!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Too bad Phelps doesn't cross the line of what is legal.

But - he has a Law degree - - - although he's been disbarred.

top topics

join