It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did aliens make Stonhenge or the Pyramids? Maybe not...Cool Video

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hey all - I know the Stonhenge/Pyramid built by aliens theory has been tossed around a lot on these boards, but check this video out and tell me what you think....

edit on 9/1/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Na i reckon both are wrong. I think giza was built in a civilisation before ours, and most of it was lost to history.

I think mankind has been done over and over again on earth.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Why didnt you watch the whole video? I posted this thread at 2:52 pm and you answered at 2:55 pm and the video is six minutes, making it impossible for you to watch the whole thing. Could you please watch the video to see all points so we can all have a conversation thats on the same page? no offense intended my friend

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Flag and star. Wally Wallington is a star in my opinion. It was engineers like this who've made so much difference to mankind over the millennia.

If Wally had the same resources and power as Imhotep, who knows what he could accomplish? Although he's just one normal guy, I think he's one in a long line of geniuses. If he was born in a different age or in different circumstances, he might well be a historical figure.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I still think aliens did it, this still does not explain many things such as the positioning of both or the logic of both etc...
But nice idea if you want to make a rough copy.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
While this man has definately acquired a firm grasp of the physics of moving heavy objects, I do not think that it a practical method in terms of building a pyramid - Stonehenge maybe. It would take far too long to build a pyramid using this method, no matter how many men you had working on it - remembering of course that you can only fit a certain number of men into the small area defined by the size of the blocks.

(Posted from my iPhone so please excuse the grammar)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
While the video is fantastic, it does not explain every aspect. S & F to you, OP : )

I would love to have a mini stone henge in my back yard.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Weather these great monuments were made by or with the help of our brothers and sisters from the stars or by humans that still had the super natural senses or even light and sound waves it just goes to show what one man can do with his own blood and sweat

Thanks for posting up i just remembered i promised to show this to my uncle

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Good vid, and explains a very possible way they were built. I don't for a second think anything as ignorant/foolish like aliens helped us build them, lol.

The whole "aliens built the pyramids" crowd displays the lack of ability to use common sense, reason and logic, and represent a good example of the mentality that makes us all look like complete fools.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
HI, I posted this video myself nearly a year ago in reply to another thread and I think he's brilliant and I really think he's onto something though I also agree with andy in that the pyramids are remnants of older unknown civilisation ie old tenents moved on new tenents (egyptains) moved in.
edit on 9/1/11 by markygee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
so he was able to lift one big stone into place and that means that same technique could be used to position a pyramid with perfect 90 degree angles, and carved masterpieces (the sphinx), not to mention the solar positioning in alignment with stars.

Where did they get all that wood in the desert?

Living in a desert water would be scarce, and they didnt have hoses. They would have to bring in water by the buckets.

How with those techniques do you CARVE the stone to get them to be that shape? Pretty sure he had those pre-made.

Building the pyramids, and other massive monuments would require a significant amount of lift along with movement. He did not show one technique as to how he would lift a 100+ ton stone parallel to the ground.

Not buying it

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Stonehenge and the pyramids were built by men , how some of it was done is still a mystery . I wonder if the guy in the video knows how the stones were laid across the other stones.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Na i reckon both are wrong. I think giza was built in a civilisation before ours, and most of it was lost to history.

I agree.... it even says so on the Inventory Stela... Khufu only restored and existing structure. The Egyptians kept records and paintings of every thing they did in daily life, yet no drawings of the building of the pyramids. Only one lone picture of a single statue being moved...

And according to the Tibetans we are the fifth civilization of man on this planet

Now show me how the principal in this video can put the rocks neatly into place on a pyramid. Lifting them is one thing... placing them into intricate position by this method is totally different

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

And according to the Tibetans we are the fifth civilization of man on this planet

Typo? What's that got to do with the thread or your post?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
First off, S&F for this good find. This guy is walking in the footsteps of those great thinkers that have gone before him. He has taken a mystery, broken it down to it's fundamental parts and drawn a logical conclusion.
What amazes me is how most of the posters above have forgone logic and reason in order to support the more far-fetched explanations. What happened to keeping it simple?

Now I am all for the theories that describe how the Stonehenge and the great pyramid were built by aliens, but the video in the OP gives a much simpler explanation, as does the following link to archeology.org:

How to build a pyramid

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Amazing, best explanation I have seen thus far. To me this seems to be the simplest way to do it. You don't even need that many people to pull this off. When you think it maybe takes less then a dozen men (more like 2 or 3) to move a standing stone like this, you have to wonder what a entire army of workers could do. A few sliding in the beams, a few swapping the counterweights, a few taking measurements and such...

I just wonder if this method could have been used with the pyramids but it seems like it could have been.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

Your ideas are spot on! It's all quite interesting, what he does in the video, but I just can't seem to believe it!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What a great video, in my mind I think this is how Stonehenge was built. That was done by one man can you imagine if you had 100+ men from a civilization doing that! I would love to see how it would have looked in all it's glory cause now it doesn't look the best sight (in my opinion)

As for the Pyramid stuff well until some real hard evidence turns up about it or I jump into a time machine and see it for myself I wouldn't argue how they were built, I would love to think that humans were smart enough to build them using advanced techniques and at the moment thats how I see it, but it would be cool to know if ETs really did build em

The video didn't really have anything to do with Pyramids though. Apart from moving blocks around

PS when he moved that barn it was bloody amazing

edit on 9-1-2011 by Sparta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghandi
Where did they get all that wood in the desert?
How did they grow all those crops in the desert? The same way. The Nile river is only 13 miles from the pyramids and I've seen pictures of trees growing near the Nile.

Living in a desert water would be scarce, and they didnt have hoses. They would have to bring in water by the buckets.
So? He was demonstrating how to raise a Stonehenge stone, you don't need any water to raise the pyramid stones, but you need lots of water for all the pyramid workers. They dug canals to move water from the Nile:

irrigationcr.blogspot.com...

When farmers started to grow the crops they needed to be watered and they didnt have the advanced equipment that we have today and using buckets to water a large field isnt exactly as easy as 123. So how did the egyptians get the water? They dug cannals from the Nile to their fields.
I don't know how far the canals went, but they also built dams which raised the water level so the canals could carry it further from the river.

How with those techniques do you CARVE the stone to get them to be that shape? Pretty sure he had those pre-made.
Stone cutting techniques have been invented and reinvented throughout history.

Building the pyramids, and other massive monuments would require a significant amount of lift along with movement. He did not show one technique as to how he would lift a 100+ ton stone parallel to the ground.
Well, at 1:10 in the video, he does show the result of lifting up a block for his miniature stonehenge arch, but he doesn't show how he did it. But it's pretty simple. He showed how to insert some pebbles under the center of the block. Then you alternately lift each end with a lever on a fulcrum, and shove a piece of wood under it after you lift it. once it's at the right height you just slide it over where you want it, he demonstrated how he can do that. He could do that all by himself but it would take some time. A well trained crew could do it faster. I think about how long it takes me to change a tire, versus a NASCAR crew, just because it takes me 10 minutes doesn't mean the racing crew can't do it in 10 seconds.

@ziggy, great video but your description in the OP could be better, you could have at least mentioned it's a Wally Wallington video. I've seen it about ten times already, but I thoroughly enjoy it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Typo? What's that got to do with the thread or your post?

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by zorgon

That help?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join