It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Woman In Spain, A Ms. Angeles Duran, Now Legally Owns The Sun.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archangelelijah
reply to post by MissSmartypants

How stupid have we become.

All citizens and all countrys own the sun and moon and are our natural gift of life. Legally the transaction of ownership should not have been passed. We want to put a monetry figure on everything these days.
Actually,this is not true.the government owns all airspace above 1000 ft or so.If they chose to,they could install a shield so you couldnt receive any sun rays or moon rays.You dont own the ocean or beaches either,that is why most popular beaches charge for a beach pass.You own nothing.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
911: whats your emergency..?
Lady: Yea....some one just stole my sun..
911: your son?
Lady: No No... my sun..you know the one in the sky..
911: Lady...get a life...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Its about time somebody else besides jed clampett strikes it rich.Jed clampett made billions when he was out shooting for some food,and up came a bubblin crude.Mr.drysdale parlayed the money into trillions.They both retired to tahiti where they have all the babes.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archangelelijah

How stupid have we become.

All citizens and all countrys own the sun and moon and are our natural gift of life. Legally the transaction of ownership should not have been passed. We want to put a monetry figure on everything these days.

Trust me, we dont own the sun, moon or the earth, this is all a lease man.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Does this mean than when solar activity wreaks havoc with sensitive electrical equipment, she will be personally liable.

After all, if she officially and legally owns it then she would be the one who would be responsible for payouts in such an event.

I bet she didn't think about anything but publicity and materialism regarding this.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It has to be a scam. She doesn't own the sun. NASA doesn't need to ask her permission before studying the sun with satellites, therefore she cannot be the official owner. The same principle applies to the moon property because I don't see any evidence that this Lunar Real Estate Agency is even legitimate. They're stealing your money and all you get in exchange is a meaningless "certificate" that you can't even make use of unless you're an astronaut, not that the certificate is real anyways. This just seems like a financial scam.
edit on 1/9/2011 by Condemned0625 because: Error

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If she wants the sun that bad, put her in a rocket and send her there, she can have it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants
she has registered herself as the legal owner of the sun.
She sounds almost serious. But it's hard to take her seriously. If I get a sunburn, can I sue her?

Here's a humorous piece about a claim on something more valuable than the sun, a giant diamond:

Israel files claim on GIANT DIAMOND in galaxy located 50 light years away

Israel has announced that it filed claim to the largest diamond in the galaxy located at a distance of 50 light years from earth in the Constellation Centaurus. The space diamond named "LUCY In The Sky With Diamonds" is virtually an enormous chunk of crystallized carbon, 4,000 kilometers in diameter which makes up ten billion trillion trillion carats or five million trillion trillion pounds comparatively the largest diamond found on earth weighs just 546 carats. Scientists believe that the diamond is the heart of an extinct star that used to shine like the Sun.

Israel filed for possession and ownership with the United Nations Commission on Territory Disputes as soon as the discovery was announced.
It's even harder to take that seriously. But that thing is bigger than the moon so if they ever get it back to Earth, I think supply versus demand will cause the price of diamonds to fall.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Solution: Class Action Lawsuit against her for all skin cancer sufferers in the world court will bankrupt her and she'll have to liquidate her assets to pay the damages. Now we just need someone stupid enough to pony up the bucks to buy it from here. Maybe I'll sell my controlling interest in the Oort Cloud and take it off her hands.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

well again I'm going to sue her for all the painful and dibilitating sunburns I have experienced in the past,and suggest everyone who has had skin cancer and other related sun exposure problems to sue her as well.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Ha,ha,ha you need to quit watching reruns and get out there into this womans sun.,,,,,somehow that didn't sound right??

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is too funny...I mean how ignorant can you be to say you OWN the sun!?!?! I want to see If we do have major solar activity in 2012 as Nasa, and others state. If so, will she be responsible for whatever happens?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Next thing you know people are going to own the Milky Way. And we will be trespassing their property..... it makes sense according to Ms. Duran's logic.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I call dibbs on Nibiru

2nd...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Anyone should be allowed to own the sun
- provided they live on it for a year first.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

i wonder how much property tax is going to be for that thing... also should i state that i get bad migraines from bright sun light. it is documented with my Dr. i had to go get a shot at the hospital the other day to get rid of my headache sometimes they last for up to 3-5 days. need her address so i can send her my bill. cant wait to see how much a solar flair is going to run her. P.S. im off work next week so i would like to cancel my service. i wish to sleep in no sun needed. im not paying for a service that i have canceled. also i need new paint job on my car has been faded by the sun you owe me a new paint job as well. also couldn't this get classified as a weapon of mass destruction? a uncontrollable one but i see that it could be used as a weapon? sorry cant do nothing but poke fun at this one and go Lol..

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
Anyone should be allowed to own the sun
- provided they live on it for a year first.

You know the trick to traveling to the sun, don't you?
You go at night!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
This is goooolddd. haha.

So, charge everyone for all the energy the radiates upon the earth daily.

Get sued for everything from solar flare-caused wheather to skin cancer.

Does she still come out on top??? I think it might be so!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Don't let her sell you any real estate on the sun, I heard it's going to be hard to get fire insurance there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join