It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Woman In Spain, A Ms. Angeles Duran, Now Legally Owns The Sun.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...
According to her a country can't lay claim to it but an individual can...so she has registered herself as the legal owner of the sun. And she intends to make us all pay, as well. I wonder if she realizes that she's now liable for any injuries caused by "her" sun.
edit on 1/9/2011 by MissSmartypants because: grammar

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Didn't someone all ready try doing that with the moon to?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theonlywoody

Didn't someone all ready try doing that with the moon to?
Yeah. And I made a thread about that also. Prices on the moon start as low as $18.95 an acre and that includes mineral rights.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

How stupid have we become.

All citizens and all countrys own the sun and moon and are our natural gift of life. Legally the transaction of ownership should not have been passed. We want to put a monetry figure on everything these days.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wow, I would love to see someone try to enforce that kind of property claim.

Besides, there's nothing she can do with a star that any of us can't already.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wait till the creator of the universe comes down and sues her for registering something that doesn't belong to her in the first place... ah... one can dream.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So, she is liable as well for all cases of skin cancer that are caused by
overexposure to ultraviolet radiation?

Just curious....

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Some savvy lawyer should get a class action suit against her for all the people who have skin cancer. If she's smart she'll try to sell the sun before the law suits start pouring in.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants
Some savvy lawyer should get a class action suit against her for all the people who have skin cancer. If she's smart she'll try to sell the sun before the law suits start pouring in.

I wonder if I can join in as well.

My tomato plants got burnt last year and I lost a few dozen fruit from my harvest.
It had nothing to do with watering in the early afternoon, and I will testify to that.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Well she can own my @#$ in her face.
People like her make me sick.. I think she is just using the "donations" to make her look good for charging a fee for the Sun. Her comment..."Why not?" The things I'm holding back from saying right now..

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...
According to her a country can't lay claim to it but an individual can...so she has registered herself as the legal owner of the sun. And she intends to make us all pay, as well. I wonder if she realizes that she's now liable for any injuries caused by "her" sun.
edit on 1/9/2011 by MissSmartypants because: grammar

Not a smart move on the part of this lady....I can only imagine all the lawsuits that would be filed against this lady over sunburns, and skin cancer.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
CORRECTION!!

She USED to own the sun.... but I have just STOLEN IT!! So therefore it is mine and for sale on the black market!

Bids start at $3,534,754,545,645,765.98!!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creedo
CORRECTION!!

She USED to own the sun.... but I have just STOLEN IT!! So therefore it is mine and for sale on the black market!

Bids start at $3,534,754,545,645,765.98!!

Creedo.. the money's in time shares.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Creedo

Hahah nice one!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'd like to see her shut of my "Service" when I refuse to pay!

Seceond line and I STILL think this woman is an idiot!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

I wonder if I can join in as well.

My tomato plants got burnt last year and I lost a few dozen fruit from my harvest.
It had nothing to do with watering in the early afternoon, and I will testify to that.

Hello fellow gardner! And if she can't control her sun any better than that then she has no business owning it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This is old news :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is at least one other, ...... they both come with complimentary comments about skin cancer too.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
How about this? I refuse to pay her anything for the use of something that has been in existence for 4.5 billion years, has been used for countless generations, and is obviously community property. If a government can't own it or have jurisdiction over it, then the idea that a private individual can own it is absurd. If a private individual can, then that by proxy gives his/her government jurisdiction, which violates the rule.

Aside from that, that this transaction was passed implies that one of two things happened:

1. Someone sold it to her, which didn't happen, so it's basically like a free-for-all land grab like back in the Old West here in the States.
2. Therefore, her government would have to have the legal right to appoint her the owner of said property. But her government doesn't have the right, and this transaction is illegal.
edit on 9-1-2011 by gnosticquasar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA

that is the most insane thing i have EVER heard.....

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

LOL!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join