It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran passenger plane 'crashes' near Orumiyeh

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Although i am not a violent person,i gotta admit i love violent videogames,its a way of releasing anger and only a complete psycho can be influenced to act out violence in real life as a result of playing games or listening to Eminem lol,these people were damaged long before!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lektrofellon
reply to post by wcitizen

Although i am not a violent person,i gotta admit i love violent videogames,its a way of releasing anger and only a complete psycho can be influenced to act out violence in real life as a result of playing games or listening to Eminem lol,these people were damaged long before!!!

Well, well balanced adults probably don't do themselves much harm, lol, but for children and adults not so well balanced it can have a very negative effects. Research has shown that it does desensitize even well balanced, normal kids. Just know that all those violent images are stored forever in your subconscious mind!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Here's some info on how the sanctions effect the Iran airline company:

en.wikipedia.org...

Due to the sanctions imposed by the US government, Iranian airlines can only acquire aircraft which are at least seven years old and have been purchased through a third party rather than directly from Boeing or Airbus. The airline is in the process of leasing an Airbus A340-300 to be used on the Tehran-Birmingham route. The Mahan Air fleet includes the following aircraft (as of August 2010)[4][5][6]:
End quote

Here are also some Iran Air customer reviews which include descriptions of the flights, as well as the aircraft.
www.airlinequality.com...

A couple of examples:

Tehran-Zahedan Economy. I am a regular traveller on this route, probably flying to and from Zahedan from tehran about 12 times a year - an expert in terms of seating on these old A300, Fokker 100 and B727 aircraft. Always ask for seat by the exit door. You will otherwise experience severe cases of cramp and discomfort after each flight. The food on these flights normally comprises a cold platter, two filled rolls, a chocolate biscuit and an orange drink! A truly sad airline and even a sadder experience if you ever get to fly on one of these planes

Dubai to Shiraz last year. Rather than paying for a hotel for the evening we camped in the abandoned kids playground, hidden behind a small house, in the airport. Morning came and we were ready to leave, our plane was not. We were told all sorts of nonsense, 'the plane will leave tomorrow, or the day after', 'the plane will leave in a few hours', 'the plane has broken down', 'there is bad weather preventing flying'. Twelve hours later we left. I spent 24 solid hours in Dubai airport. The best toilets are the oldest ones, furthest away from the duty free shops, they're less used so hence less filthy. Finally got on the plane and they'd crammed three flights together into a massive pre- revolution 747. I felt bad for the staff, copping a lot of flak and working a 14 hour day. The flight was short, and the delay mammoth, but perhaps it was all worth it because we met so many people! In short, fly Iran Air if you have free time wanting to meet some locals. If you're running to any sort of schedule do not fly Iran Air

No offense, but is this really fair? The U.S. is putting lives in danger due to sanctions. I mean, is the U.S. really this small-minded? Maybe I am not seeing the whole picture.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin

Originally posted by wcitizen
Here's some info on how the sanctions effect the Iran airline company:

en.wikipedia.org...

Due to the sanctions imposed by the US government, Iranian airlines can only acquire aircraft which are at least seven years old and have been purchased through a third party rather than directly from Boeing or Airbus. The airline is in the process of leasing an Airbus A340-300 to be used on the Tehran-Birmingham route. The Mahan Air fleet includes the following aircraft (as of August 2010)[4][5][6]:
End quote

Here are also some Iran Air customer reviews which include descriptions of the flights, as well as the aircraft.
www.airlinequality.com...

A couple of examples:

Tehran-Zahedan Economy. I am a regular traveller on this route, probably flying to and from Zahedan from tehran about 12 times a year - an expert in terms of seating on these old A300, Fokker 100 and B727 aircraft. Always ask for seat by the exit door. You will otherwise experience severe cases of cramp and discomfort after each flight. The food on these flights normally comprises a cold platter, two filled rolls, a chocolate biscuit and an orange drink! A truly sad airline and even a sadder experience if you ever get to fly on one of these planes

Dubai to Shiraz last year. Rather than paying for a hotel for the evening we camped in the abandoned kids playground, hidden behind a small house, in the airport. Morning came and we were ready to leave, our plane was not. We were told all sorts of nonsense, 'the plane will leave tomorrow, or the day after', 'the plane will leave in a few hours', 'the plane has broken down', 'there is bad weather preventing flying'. Twelve hours later we left. I spent 24 solid hours in Dubai airport. The best toilets are the oldest ones, furthest away from the duty free shops, they're less used so hence less filthy. Finally got on the plane and they'd crammed three flights together into a massive pre- revolution 747. I felt bad for the staff, copping a lot of flak and working a 14 hour day. The flight was short, and the delay mammoth, but perhaps it was all worth it because we met so many people! In short, fly Iran Air if you have free time wanting to meet some locals. If you're running to any sort of schedule do not fly Iran Air

No offense, but is this really fair? The U.S. is putting lives in danger due to sanctions. I mean, is the U.S. really this small-minded? Maybe I am not seeing the whole picture.

This is the goal, to undermine Iranian industries and do whatever possible to punish them for not selling out to American interests. Sanctions help deteriorate Iranian industry, and then the common perception in the West is that Iranian aircraft are falling out of the sky because they are some primitive country that need our help.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

Absolutely no offence taken. It's just one more awful part of the mess this world is in, and of course, it's the ordinary people who pay the highest price. Politics is just a war for money and resources, I hate it all. I hope the whole system does collapse soon and something completely new and different can be created. The old ways of doing things have had their day. They don't work,they never did. They're broken and they always have been, and now they have become obsolete.

edit on 9-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join