It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran passenger plane 'crashes' near Orumiyeh

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Iran passenger plane 'crashes' near Orumiyeh

An Iranian plane with more than 100 people on board has crashed near the citu of Orumiyeh Iranian media has reported. The semi official Fars news agency claim 105 people were on board the flight from Tehran to Omireyah. There have been a number of accidents involving Iranian planes over the last couple of years. Its civil fleet is made up of old planes and is in need of replacement

(visit the link for the full news article www.bbc.co.uk...)

edit on 9-1-2011 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

Heres the link
edit on 9-1-2011 by ufoorbhunter because: Link

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 9/1/11 by argentus because: repair broken link and change headline to reflect that of source

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Saw this and thought Iranian plane shot down?

You just can't help but think something like this the way things are over there.

Any scientists on board?

If Iran is mentioned then there's usually something going on
that involves a hidden hand somewhere down the line

I'm just waffling now as ATS won't let me post this until I've made a satisfactory number of typed personal comments and all I'm doing is putting some Breaking News on here

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

What link?

Otherwise, very sad, sympathies for the families of all on board.

What country is the news agency based in, and was the flight domestic or international? Because only if the news agency is U.S. or Western Europe and the flight was domestic does the focus shift from "How sad, lots of people died" to "So, did it just crash, or is there more to the story?"

edit on 9/1/2011 by TheWill because: reworded and expanded

EDIT - I see that you did say it was an Iranian news agency reporting. It's sad, but I see no reason to cry conspiracy - planes crash, ferries sink, trains derail. It's just the way things go sometimes.
edit on 9/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Report: There are survivors in IranAir crash
State media says about half of 95 on board suffered light injuries
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Sad news, but as the poster above me said, it isn't always a conspiracy,

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudtobeEnglish

It may well be just an accident. The BBC do mention the age of the Iranian fleet and the number of crashes recently.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWill

What link?

Otherwise, very sad, sympathies for the families of all on board.

What country is the news agency based in, and was the flight domestic or international? Because only if the news agency is U.S. or Western Europe and the flight was domestic does the focus shift from "How sad, lots of people died" to "So, did it just crash, or is there more to the story?"

edit on 9/1/2011 by TheWill because: reworded and expanded

EDIT - I see that you did say it was an Iranian news agency reporting. It's sad, but I see no reason to cry conspiracy - planes crash, ferries sink, trains derail. It's just the way things go sometimes.
edit on 9/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

I'm not crying conspiracy, just reporting a news event. One just can't help but think of conspiracy though when any fatality occurs in Iran

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ok ive found a pictue.
Heres a link to a standard modern iranian airways aircraft:
Iranian Airways

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

Do we know what type of model the plane was, i made a prediction last week re: a linchpin failure near the tailfin??

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

"Crashes"
Sorry to be blunt , but show some damned respect these are real people with real families like yours or mine that are suffering because of this & you hint at conspiracy already based on I assume your paranoia?

Weather reports say a lot of fog & heavy snow in the area.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
WOW, Ok ive found a picture of a standard engine from these aircraft,although they are old planes this is pretty sophisticated stuff:
Iranian Airways Standard Engine

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Sorry, didn't mean to sound accusing - just trying to say, people die all over the world without it being planned.

Now that's just insensitive. But funny.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
There are frequent air accidents in Iran. I would never rule out a dark operation in that country, but at the same time, the air fleet is old and the sanctions prevent them up-dating it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
There are frequent air accidents in Iran. I would never rule out a dark operation in that country, but at the same time, the air fleet is old and the sanctions prevent them up-dating it.

Great point as always wcitizen

The importance of sanctions can't be underestimated in this case and I guess that's a conspiracy of its own.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

Hey I just thought the news was worth posting on ATS.

Sure I was thinking straight away....... Could it be a non accident?

But I was just placing some news I'd seen.

After the Yanks shooting down that passenger plane in the 80's, constant tension between US and Iran, possible Israeli raid any day and all the scientists and politicians getting kidnapped and murdered/bombed, well you do think possible conspiracy. But it's probably a terrible accident as wcitizen says

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by ProudtobeEnglish

It may well be just an accident. The BBC do mention the age of the Iranian fleet and the number of crashes recently.

Actually, the Iranair fleet is fairly modern, with about 30 Airbus 300 series planes, and 9 Boeing 747s in passenger service. . They do have 3 pretty dog-eared Boeing 727s and a fair number of Fokker 100s. And they are in the process of upgrading, having ordered 35 Tupelov Tu154s, although one can argue that a reverse engineered 727, offering the best technology the 1960s had to offer, isn't much of an upgrade.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxwellsdemon

Do we know what type of model the plane was, i made a prediction last week re: a linchpin failure near the tailfin??

Boeing 727 according to this sky news report
2nd
edit on 9-1-2011 by ProudtobeEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Here's some info on how the sanctions effect the Iran airline company:

en.wikipedia.org...

Due to the sanctions imposed by the US government, Iranian airlines can only acquire aircraft which are at least seven years old and have been purchased through a third party rather than directly from Boeing or Airbus. The airline is in the process of leasing an Airbus A340-300 to be used on the Tehran-Birmingham route. The Mahan Air fleet includes the following aircraft (as of August 2010)[4][5][6]:
End quote

Here are also some Iran Air customer reviews which include descriptions of the flights, as well as the aircraft.
www.airlinequality.com...

A couple of examples:

Tehran-Zahedan Economy. I am a regular traveller on this route, probably flying to and from Zahedan from tehran about 12 times a year - an expert in terms of seating on these old A300, Fokker 100 and B727 aircraft. Always ask for seat by the exit door. You will otherwise experience severe cases of cramp and discomfort after each flight. The food on these flights normally comprises a cold platter, two filled rolls, a chocolate biscuit and an orange drink! A truly sad airline and even a sadder experience if you ever get to fly on one of these planes

Dubai to Shiraz last year. Rather than paying for a hotel for the evening we camped in the abandoned kids playground, hidden behind a small house, in the airport. Morning came and we were ready to leave, our plane was not. We were told all sorts of nonsense, 'the plane will leave tomorrow, or the day after', 'the plane will leave in a few hours', 'the plane has broken down', 'there is bad weather preventing flying'. Twelve hours later we left. I spent 24 solid hours in Dubai airport. The best toilets are the oldest ones, furthest away from the duty free shops, they're less used so hence less filthy. Finally got on the plane and they'd crammed three flights together into a massive pre- revolution 747. I felt bad for the staff, copping a lot of flak and working a 14 hour day. The flight was short, and the delay mammoth, but perhaps it was all worth it because we met so many people! In short, fly Iran Air if you have free time wanting to meet some locals. If you're running to any sort of schedule do not fly Iran Air

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
double post deleted
edit on 9-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
We just have to look around our world to see what violence does and has done. As human beings we have the capacity to choose to do it differently. It's the eleventh hour and some, and still people are advocating violence.

TPTB encourage violence - just look at the violence on TV, in films, video games, the MSM reports - and even with all that encouragement the vast majority of people, imo, don't want violence, don't like violence.

It's a testimony to us sovreign citizens, that despite the intense brainwashing, most of us do not resort to violence, or only do so as a last resort.

Now, more than ever, is the time to stand up to their brainwashing and say 'no more violence'.

'Violence' has the same root as the word 'violate'. So what is violence? It is a violation of another individual's inalienable right to be safe from harm. Don't accept the brainwashing which says that violence is normal, natural or necessary. That's the story they want people to believe because it suits their nefarious purposes.

edit on 9-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join