It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman Gifford's YouTube Channel subscribed to her assailant's channel.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I don't think we the public will ever be completely privileged to information and evidence concerning this case. I mean, don't you think the FBI, DHS, CIA, NSA etc...have pulled every single text message, email, and post this kid ever made from servers and hard drives. I'm sure they've torn his house apart, questioned his family, friends, and internet friends concerning this matter. Think logically, if any of his friends or internet buddies encouraged him or helped him, they are now accomplices to murder. And don't think that task forces aren't busy as heck watching his Youtube page, noting everyone who posts comments and stuff. I mean come on people, it's a new world.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStormofWar
One thing to note is it maybe just a profile screw up.

When you create a youtube account, and subsequently a google account, there is no default timezone set. So the last activity time on her page may not be accurate. However, I don't have a way to test this.

Edit: Checking, but created a new test profile and the igoogle page nails the area about dead on. Checking on youtube.
edit on 9-1-2011 by TheStormofWar because: (no reason given)

You're kidding me right?

We got proof positive that the assailant's channel was subscribed by Gifford's channel before the shooting.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheStormofWar

If it was a time zone thing the most if could be off would be one day right?

Not only that but I'm fairly certain that youtube doesn't use timezones for things like last login. Meaning that no mater where the user is, the last login time would be a measure of time valid and the same in any time zone.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Jayhawker because: typo

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse

Originally posted by TheStormofWar
One thing to note is it maybe just a profile screw up.

When you create a youtube account, and subsequently a google account, there is no default timezone set. So the last activity time on her page may not be accurate. However, I don't have a way to test this.

Edit: Checking, but created a new test profile and the igoogle page nails the area about dead on. Checking on youtube.
edit on 9-1-2011 by TheStormofWar because: (no reason given)

You're kidding me right?

We got proof positive that the assailant's channel was subscribed by Gifford's channel before the shooting.

Take all sides and filter them from yourself.

Being a "veteran" of several Message Boards, I know that, by default on a lot a 'em, the time zone is inaccurate. Google and youtube seems correct to me, but wasn't sure. Once you eliminate the impossible...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jayhawker

Not only that but I'm fairly certain that youtube doesn't use timezones for things like last login. Meaning that no mater where the op is, the last login time would be a measure of time valid and the same in any time zone.

Agreed, and that is what I checking for. It is accurate.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Not only that but I'm fairly certain that youtube doesn't use timezones for things like last login. Meaning that no mater where the op is, the last login time would be a measure of time valid and the same in any time zone.

Thanks JayHawker,

Stay on this, your information is crucial!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Also, don't you think that the three letter agencies left this kids Ytube page up on purpose to watch it and track who visits the page, where they're from, what comments they post, due to the fact that if this kid had accomplices they would most likely return to gloat among other things???? I'm sure they have a tag on the Congresswomans page as well. Think about it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
Also, don't you think that the three letter agencies left this kids Ytube page up on purpose to watch it and track who visits the page, where they're from, what comments they post

I'm sure they did, but thats kind of irrelevant isn't it?

I'm sure they are all over it now, but I doubt they were been BEFORE the shooting. What we do know is someone in Giffords' office, her or her staff, was on to this guy.

edit on 9-1-2011 by Jayhawker because: added quote for clarity

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Not only that but I'm fairly certain that youtube doesn't use timezones for things like last login. Meaning that no mater where the user is, the last login time would be a measure of time valid and the same in any time zone.

I would think so, but I have seen dates off by as much as half a year (do tech stuff for a living, and you see a lot of strange things). Assuming the screenshot isn't doctored (no reason to think it is), then the only other thing I could think maybe a timezone issue like I noted, a stupid staffer, hack, or the fact it was linked before. The first has been eliminated as far as I'm concern, and the stupid staffer is impossible given the dates (I misunderstood the screenshot, and I apologize for that). Leaving a hack or a link. Take your pick.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Uh-oh, forget the "Tea Party" spin.

I like Hendrix, I'm quite a bit philosophical, never had alcohol poisoning though, and I prefer no comment on the alternative smoking issues...

I see a different spin coming from this. Right-leaning people need not worry about blow-back. I see this being a left-leaning diversion. The radical left! How radical we all are.

I hope that, between my copy of the Communist Manifesto, Guy Debord, Paulo Freire, Noam Chomsky and Derek Jensen, among others, that the books in my home and on my library records don't get me on some list.

I will state here that the so-called Left need worry about the consequences of this event...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Uh-oh, forget the "Tea Party" spin.

I like Hendrix, I'm quite a bit philosophical, never had alcohol poisoning though, and I prefer no comment on the alternative smoking issues...

I see a different spin coming from this. Right-leaning people need not worry about blow-back. I see this being a left-leaning diversion. The radical left! How radical we all are.

I hope that, between my copy of the Communist Manifesto, Guy Debord, Paulo Freire, Noam Chomsky and Derek Jensen, among others, that the books in my home and on my library records don't get me on some list.

I will state here that the so-called Left need worry about the consequences of this event...

That's a shame, a crying shame.

I am right leaning, politically, and the fact that this event will be used to persecute any person of a specific ideology is abhorrent to me.

When will we subdue the encroachment of a government gone wild?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
does anyone else think of obama pushing for internet id?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
does anyone else think of obama pushing for internet id?

Not likely, as I heard the same thing with Bush.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I'm sure they did, but thats kind of irrelevant isn't it?

I'm sure they are all over it now, but I doubt they were been BEFORE the shooting. What we do know is someone in Giffords' office, her or her staff, was on to this guy.

edit on 9-1-2011 by Jayhawker because: added quote for clarity

Is there proof that someone in Giffords' office, her or her staff was on to this guy? I'm curious, is all account activity for Ytube stored on a server...as in, which IP address logged on to the account? Or if the account was password hacked (very possible), and wouldn't the account of a public figure such as her be more closely watched than say Joe Public...some companies are notorious for keeping records like that.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
so what? these policies are not dependent on who is the current president.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
Is there proof that someone in Giffords' office, her or her staff was on to this guy? I'm curious, is all account activity for Ytube stored on a server...as in, which IP address logged on to the account? Or if the account was password hacked (very possible), and wouldn't the account of a public figure such as her be more closely watched than say Joe Public...some companies are notorious for keeping records like that.

The major internet companies do keep IP records for a certain amount of time. They are usually only released via subpoena though. See the Time Warner vs. RIAA fight.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The last visit time does not have anything to do with the timezone. It registers your log time in as the current server time. After that it's simply server time - (minus) the last login time. I run a website, that's how it's usually done.

My theory: Someone who manages that account subscribed AFTER the incident for whatever reason. Possibly to keep track of the killer's account. Yes I know that the screenshot shows the account was last accessed 2 days ago. It doesn't matter. The date it shows is not accurate at all, or at least immediate. They either update the last seen time after certain time intervals or only when the person actually logs in (as long as the cookie is still alive from the previous log in, you do not have to log in again). Test it for yourself. I have been on my YT account when it has showed that I haven't been active for several days.
edit on 9-1-2011 by strato because: grammar

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by strato
The last visit time does not have anything to do with the timezone. It registers your log time in as the current server time. After that it's simply server time - (minus) the last login time. I run a website, that's how it's usually done.

My theory: Someone who manages that account subscribed AFTER the incident for whatever reason. Possibly to keep track of the killer's account. Yes I know that the screenshot shows the account was last accessed 2 days ago. It doesn't matter. The date it shows is not accurate at all, or at least immediate. They either update the last seen time after certain time intervals or only when the person actually logs in (as long as the cookie is still alive from the previous log in, you do not have to log in again). Test it for yourself. I have been on my YT account when it has showed that I haven't been active for several days.

We have a member who has proof, that Gifford's channel subscribed to the assailant's channel BEFORE the shooting.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: posted reply

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse

Originally posted by strato

We have a member who has proof, that Gifford's channel subscribed to the assailant's channel BEFORE the shooting.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: posted reply

Other than the screenshot that was taken after the shooting that showed that Gifford's YT account hadn't been accessed for 2 days when she was subscribed to Jared's account? Or was the screenshot taken before the shooting?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I see, thanks for the replies! So it is possible then for authorities, if they wish, to subpoena records if it were deemed important and relevant to the case to establish who might have subscribed to Jared's Ytube page. Which, would clear up all speculation regarding who subscribed and why.
edit on 9-1-2011 by AutOmatIc because: gratuitous

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join