It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giffords Eerily Predicted Assination Attempt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Quote from MSNBC interview:
In an interview after her office was vandalized, [Giffords] referred to the animosity against her by conservatives, including Sarah Palin's decision to list Giffords' seat as one of the top "targets" in the midterm elections.

"For example, we're on Sarah Palin's targeted list, but the thing is, that the way that she has it depicted has the crosshairs of a gun sight over our district. When people do that, they have to realize that there are consequences to that action," Giffords said in an interview with MSNBC.

Sure, yes, of course this is a coincidence. Was Gifford's comments prophetic? No. Giffords didn’t think that someone literally would be so nuts as to actually, physically target her, and then pull the trigger and nail her. But in retrospect, with all of the bulls eye targets that have been depicted over specific people, perhaps a few of the gun-happy amongst the Palin tea-party supporters synapsed their brain connections and turned figurative targeting into literal targeting. Did Giffords see the handwriting on the wall and began to fear for her life? Maybe. Is that prophetic? Not really--its common sense.

Of course, it didn’t help that Giffords biggest and most ravenous challenger during her election, Jesse Kelly, held fundraisers where he urged Americans to remove Giffords from office by joining him to shoot a fully loaded M-16 rifle. Kelly would be pictured on his website in full military gear holding an automatic weapon when he urged Americans to join him!! OMG, What kind of imagery is that to promote to America? One of violence, or of a peaceful resolution as a solution to one of his ‘problems’ when he didn’t get elected.

When one sees supposed “leaders” taking literal arms in hand, putting actual targets over photographs of people, that kind of imagery can directly lead to violence. They ask America to take the imagery of actual violence they give us, and translate and distill it into ‘peaceful’ protest—to view it only as figurative imagery, not literal. For some Americans, that is easily done. But for others, as we ALL know, even in the tea party camp, that repeated and reinforced bombardment of imagery can have tragic consequences.

Now, am I suggesting that the tea party and Palin are using psychological warfare on America to literally destroy and murder? I would never suggest that. But the psychological warfare they ARE using is to promote hatred and not discourse. It is to enforce segregation and side-taking, or commonality. It plays to the animalistic nature in the few to take matters into their own hands because their ‘leaders’ cannot. It is to promote hatred of the most animalistic nature and ask us to draw the line, even though they show imagery some might say shows us, encourages us, and even dares us to cross the line—figuratively.

edit on 9-1-2011 by jupiter869 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2011 by jupiter869 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Even the German News already connected the Dots to Palins Website...this could get alot more ugly.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I see it all over the news pointing fingers at palin. Wow this would be a horrific crime if indeed palin is outwardly responsible for the mans actions. I think it is high time politics stop slurring hate towrds their opposing pasrties. We americans are already on a very high stress level words will set a action into motion. I hate to say this but there needs to be a censorhsip of a sort on political hate spreading. Palin is a horrible woman and this is only the beggining of her downfall.

join