It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olbermann: Violence and threats have no place in democracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Right and wrong need to replace right and left or we are lost as a people.

~Heff

Very well put my friend!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
when the government steps off their high-horse and repeals all the damages they've done to the citizenry and this country, and quit wasting tax payers money on their own personal agendas, then and only then might the real patriots of this country back down. but until this occurs they better stay alert and cover their heads, because they opened the gates to the up and coming free for all they instigated... they instigated all of this, not us.

the sleeper must awaken

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
when the government steps off their high-horse and repeals all the damages they've done to the citizenry and this country, and quit wasting tax payers money on their own personal agendas, then and only then might the real patriots of this country back down. but until this occurs they better stay alert and cover their heads, because they opened the gates to the up and coming free for all they instigated... they instigated all of this, not us.

the sleeper must awaken

I agree with you my friend. However, the solution is not found down the road of violence. The solution is a peaceful revolution of the people against their oppressors. Far too many of our Brothers and Sisters are behind bars for exercising their God given right to free will. Far too many of our Brothers and Sisters live in poverty, robbed of their dignity. Far too many of our Brothers and Sisters have been lead, and not enough are leaders. To overcome the madness that runs rampant through the halls of this once great nation, we must open our eyes to what is truly valuable in this life. To overcome we must look back at the pages of history and learn from those great beacons of peace and find the successful road to freedom for all.

To do anything less, is to become the tyrants we wish to throw down.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 9-1-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well that was well done.

You know for all the crap Olbermann takes for being partisan and divisive, he comes out with some gems every now and then huh?

I bet Billo is upset he didn't think of it first.

I any case the reality of our democracy is that the ones without the guns, incite the ones that do have guns. Although this I just believe to be mostly the work of a deranged mind, I'm sure the divisive and violent rhetoric didn't help the overall situation.

~Keeper
edit on 1/9/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Thanks for posting this Saturn.
Most of the time I do not like talking about my political views or beliefs. Something like this should make us put our political differences aside. Not to pull us even further apart than what we already are but to bring us together. Olbermann is right in saying that commentators like Beck and O'reilly have no further place in our system of government and in our way of life. It is time that we do need to do a little soul searching. All of this has been brought on by bigotry and rhetoric that you hear from some people in the radio and tv business. Some of those people need to be dismissed from politics and the airwaves. People like Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly need to be dismissed from politics if they condone such violence and discourse. Someone that condones such violence against one person or political party should have no place or reason for being in politics.

We can fight back, however it does need to be done peacefully and rightfully. We the public do not need the violent rhetoric in polotics that we have or have had in the past. We do not need another event like what happened in Tuscon yesterday happening in this country again. The rhetoric has dissolved past the ugly and threatening but it has gone on being on the verge of murderous. The rhetoric that you hear from the so-called political commentators is what brought this about. It is rhetoric like what goes on and has went on in Washington that brought this about. We need to put a stop to this rhetoric before it gets further out of hand than what it already is. We should not have to pour our blood into our political system, whether we are a Democrat or a Republican. We need to bring ourselves together so that any actions like this never happen again.

edit on 9-1-2011 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It seems to me that whenever citizens use violence against the government, the media cries for peace, calm, and sanity. Where are the calls for peace, calm, and sanity when the government uses violence against citizens?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I have to wonder where their outcry against violence is when innocent citizens are gunned down in the street by the police, innocent people are imprisioned for 30 years, 60 yearold people thrown in the street because they didnt pay the taxes on there home..........i could go on forever. Where is there 24 hour coverage and speaches?

Having said that i do NOT condone what that nutcase did and no one can justify killing a 8 yearold girl

BUT

what do they expect? THEY push and push and when someone explodes its a mystery to them?

While I am pretty sure this guy was just a nutcase I still wonder if this is just the begining

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

EXACTLY
and the countries and families they murder for their personal agendas

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
the government cries, please don't kill us. we are good honest hard working people that are here to help you..as they hide behind closed doors and plot our undoing on a daily basis with our fu%4&*ing money

I have ZERO sympathy

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Re your comment about a school kid allergic to peanuts: in a kindy or primary school, yes you make it school policy to have no nuts in the school because there's that thing called "cross contamination". Young kids don't tend to wash their hands regularly....get my drift?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi

the sleeper must awaken

!00% true!

But you know, the people that get appointed and elected never seem to be willing to see it this way..

They either are, or become arrogant and corrupt, where they condemn public responses to their mischief, and then turn right around and do even more against the citizenry..

I have noticed this same exact trend since the early '60's and it has never yet changed! They keep inciting these things with immoral and un american laws and leglislation while their inner circle of politicians keep acting high and mighty and pretending not to understand it when people start going postal...

I think these politicians become so proud of themselves that they think everything they do is holy and righteous.. For proof of this just look at Nancy Pelosi for just one example...or Palin, (She calls herself a Christian, and then suggests the assasination of J. Assange..)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
!00% true!

But you know, the people that get appointed and elected never seem to be willing to see it this way..

They either are, or become arrogant and corrupt, where they condemn public responses to their mischief, and then turn right around and do even more against the citizenry..

I have noticed this same exact trend since the early '60's and it has never yet changed! They keep inciting these things with immoral and un american laws and leglislation while their inner circle of politicians keep acting high and mighty and pretending not to understand it when people start going postal...

I think these politicians become so proud of themselves that they think everything they do is holy and righteous.. For proof of this just look at Nancy Pelosi for just one example...or Palin, (She calls herself a Christian, and then suggests the assasination of J. Assange..)

My friends, there never has been and never will be honest politicians. They are there to represent a body of people, but people are too diverse to be represented. People are tired of being oppressed. However, the way government has grown, if you grant equality to one group, the other group loses its liberty. If you grant liberty to one, the other loses equality. Now we are losing both liberty AND equality.

The days of Government rule are over. It is time for the people to stand up and be equal and free.

It has never happened in history, but it is time we tried. The old ways do not work.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Violence and threats have no place in democracy

Following this logic, the violence came outside of a democracy.

At least he wasn't being entirely dishonest.

Seriously though, when was violence ever not the answer to a Kleptocracy?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
It seems to me that whenever citizens use violence against the government, the media cries for peace, calm, and sanity. Where are the calls for peace, calm, and sanity when the government uses violence against citizens?

Probably the best comment in this entire thread. I say let political leaders of both parties fear the people. Its healthy for them.
edit on 1/9/2011 by dalan. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

let political leaders of both parties fear the people. Its healthy for them.

Yes, I'd love my job knowing I could get gunned down, along with several dozen other innocents, at any time by a mentally ill person.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
reply to post by dalan.

Yes, I'd love my job knowing I could get gunned down, along with several dozen other innocents, at any time by a mentally ill person.

Me too, that's why I am going to run to be elected as a Senator.

Nothing thrills me more than living dangerously.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

reply to post by dalan.

are you talking about the lone crazies or the orginised ones running the country? I fear the ones with tanks and bombers more than the ones with a 30 round clip

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Open a liquor store in Baltimore!

Politicians are only now getting a taste of what every day people are experiencing every day of their lives. It is the result of an oppressive society. First the lower class turns on the middle, then the middle cracks and turns on the upper.

Nothing new here. It's been done over and over again.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Re your comment about a school kid allergic to peanuts: in a kindy or primary school, yes you make it school policy to have no nuts in the school because there's that thing called "cross contamination". Young kids don't tend to wash their hands regularly....get my drift?

Interesting. I haven't been to primary school in the U.S. so I'm not aware of these rules. Seems a bit silly, since there are so many things a person can be allergic to (food/products of all sort), yet peanuts and peanut products are banned? What are these kids going to do in the real world if they don't learn to avoid these products on their own? Or do parents expect the world to stop producing peanut products? Whatever the case, the technicalities of the example are not important. My point was that punishing most of the population just because one person isn't responsible enough with a product or information, seems a bit unfair.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join