It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Question of How?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I can't help but question how does reality exist? Like how does two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom know to be water? and how does gravity know to pull together? How does all these atoms and electrons know where to be and where to go?

Anyone else ever wonder about such things?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
# if I know

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

everyday..

and to be honest were unlikley to get all those answers during our lifetime..

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy

I can't help but question how does reality exist? Like how does two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom know to be water? and how does gravity know to pull together? How does all these atoms and electrons know where to be and where to go?

Anyone else ever wonder about such things?

The last person who asked these questions ended up shooting a congresswomen and killing 6 other people.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There is no spoon.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

For me its simple.. Its not water. We perceive it as water, but its hardly water. We are in water so to speak, but to us its air, but to something bigger, hey it could be water.. space could be water.. we are made of atoms, and perhaps our atoms are made of atoms.. so the atoms that make up my atoms, are they too looking like me? with a planet and water? everything is everything, eventually.. its all about perception.

I used to say, "Life is about views.." political views/ideology/scenic... whichever view you choose to take part in. It's all the same.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
To me it's quite simple. I am of the opinion that the instant that the universe was created (by either a diety or a big bang or whatever, take your pick), all the laws and "programming" of how this universe is supposed to work, were also created. Everything in this universe runs by these laws, and so everything knows how to operate. I also believe that some of these laws are so complex that we may never discover them or how they work. But just like on Earth, where a country's laws have loopholes, so I believe do the laws of the universe.

All in all, nothing is impossible. Unless proven impossibe, which is the only thing that IS impossible, since there may be an undiscovered law that makes the 'impossible' thing, possible. I know its early in the morning, but try to understand that.

~Para

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
your question makes me think of atoms and how they never actually touch...

when we touch a table we feel it but on that atomic microscopic level nothing actually touches, we are all energy and vibration and that is what we perceive or feel.

I think the universe follows the path of least resistance maybe our atoms are just doing the same.
or are they (atoms) doing what they were designed to do?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Grandpappy: Son, do you know the meaning of life & the secret of our universe?

Sonny: No, Grandpappy...what is the meaning of life & the secret of our universe?

Grandpappy: How the heck should I know?!!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

The study of chemistry can help with understanding how atoms work together. More work is still going on to understand how the atom its self works with the Large Hadron Collider one experimental tool to help uncover this. The study of physics and mathematics also helps with this.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I thought that the physics industry had all that atomic structure stuff figured out? If not, then what the hell are we paying them for?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

They are making good progress but have not found the end to the rabbit hole just yet.

top topics

join