It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Brain: A Secret History (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I just found this BBC docu about mind control, thought some of you might enjoy it too:

Info: www.bbc.co.uk...

In a compelling and at times disturbing series, Dr Michael Mosley explores the brutal history of experimental psychology.

To begin, Michael traces the sinister ways this science has been used to try to control our minds. He finds that the pursuit of mind control has led to some truly horrific experiments and left many casualties in its wake. Extraordinary archive captures what happened - scientists systematically change the behaviour of children; law abiding citizens give fatal electric shocks; a gay man has electrodes implanted in his head in an attempt to turn his sexuality.

Michael takes a hallucinogenic drug as part of a controlled experiment to try to understand how its mind-bending properties can change the brain.

This is a scientific journey goes to the very heart of what we hold most dear - our free will, and our ability to control our own destiny.

Link to docu:

www.videoweed.com... or
www.zshare.net...
edit on 9-1-2011 by HedyLamarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
This is probably one of the most honest msm documentaries I have ever seen on this subject. I have studied a bit of psychology at uni (a little knowledge is a dangerous thing) and have trained in hypnosis. I see the practices outlined in this vid in everyday use all the time. Those who are using e.g. Skinner's techniques are largely unaware that's what they're doing. (You really see it in schools and in parenting - basically carrot and stick).

Once the study of the mind was given a scientific label (psychology/psychiatry) they really set about gaining control over the mind in a very concerted way. That was the aim of these studies and experiments - medicinal purposes appears to have been an accidental side-effect.

Although the film end on a high note stating that the human mind is just too complex a machine for them to master I cannot concur with that conclusion. Studying hypnosis, and recent history, have taught me that mass hypnosis/delusion is far easier to achieve than when dealing with the individual. We all reinforce the ideas to one another - and the desire to (largely) be the same as everyone else, completes the task.

The presenter also takes a dose of psilocybin in an experimental environment in a massive scanner - not exactly the best place for a good trip but a good trip is exactly what he had. The vid shows psilocybin in a positive light, highlighting its potential medicinal uses. Amazing - this stuff has been used by humans for thousands of years and only now the scientific community start to play catch up. It may simply be a generation change - but I think its heading in the right direction.

new topics

join