It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would alquaeda hide out in a country with strong International military presence?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The war in Afghanistan was stepped up in 2001 in an attempt to nail alquaeda. As we all know 9 years later no alquaeda anywhere. Why would such a terror organisation hide out in a coutry with such a strong foreign military presence? (Yes america was in afghanistan before 9/11). Wouldnt that be the worst possible place just after fort bragg to hide in?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
They are hiding in your mind. They only exist in your mind where no soldier can go!

But of course you first need to believe it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Al queda lost me when Osama Bin Laden expressed his concern about climate change. The USA lost me when I found out they funded the mujahadden(what ever its called) back in the 80s. I think both sides are full of BS, and I really dont care what happens over there. Time to bring your soldiers home and stay out of other countries affairs unless you are bombarded on your homeland.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well Al-Qaeda is a multinational group, not necessarily bound to a single country, Afghanistan in this case. But many do operate within Afghan borders, yet their network extends beyond Yemen, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan...
Nevertheless, Afghanistan offers many strategic advantages for such a group.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
well if ya havent noticed.. there is a strong military presence just about everywhere these days.. so, where would the base best be hiding?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
They aren't interested in finding him, and never were. He was/is just an excuse. The story line presented to the public is the hollywood fiction film series, which is passed of as real, as a government and as politics.

edit on 9-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
They are all over Afghanistan and Iraq ...

They are impossible to fight.. This type of war is impossible to fight..

These alqada "soldier" plants road side bombs or takes sniper shots then drop the gun, and go back to his wife Aadab and his 2 sons Achmed & Abdul... Then the US gets info about him and then his family is blown to pieces... Then the US looks like monsters and are portrayed as baby killers...

Note to terrorists:

Stop hiding behind your women and children .. Come out and fight, for we will expedite your journey to the virgins

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

You are a brainwashed sheep. Well done for believing everything the media throws at you. Any attacks or such on americans are just from the rebels, which means they are angry about something, most likely because they killed their family members for nothing. Would you be happy if any of your loved family member got killed in a bombing by Afghanistan army? Would you sit at home and not do anything about it?

But as im watching on this thread everyone is a media believer.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

The OP basically has the same problems and misconceptions common to everyone who wants to believe that Al’qa’ida is a factitious entity created by the American government as the fall guy for the 9/11 attacks. That is to say, assuming that Al’Qa’ida is a complex hierarchical structured organisation based in Afghanistan with Osama bin Laden as the leader of this group. This is not the case, arguably that Al’Qa’ida has never existed, and if it did only existed form 1996 to 2001. Al’Qa’ida is now seen as a symbol it is a franchise, to explain the exact nature of Al’Qa’ida as it exists today would require me to write loads and in the end you would call me a CIA disinfo agent so there is no point. However once you accept that they exist but as a franchise and a symbol you can then also accept that they are not bound by international borders.

Interestingly as well not only have they caught Al’qa’ida members in Afghanistan but also hundreds if not thousands more captured or killed in Iraq. It has also been documented by Dalton Fury who was the Delta Force commander on the ground in 2001 during the battle of Tora Bora that he personally heard Osama bin Laden’s voice in an intercepted radio transmission. During that battle massive ordinance was dropped on the cave complexes and it is possible that this killed many Al’Qa’ida by collapsing the caves, indeed some have speculated that Osama bin Laden might have died during this fighting. This however is unlikely as a few months after the battle it has also been recorded that British SBS acquired “mark one” on Osama bin Laden, as in they could see him heading towards the Pakistani border with a few of his followers however were unable to safely engage.

The point if this is that it shows there was a Al’Qa’ida presence in Afghanistan however it is most likely that they no longer have this presence but exist as an international franchise.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

So it wasnt created? Where did Rumsfeld get those elaborate drawings of the caves that looked like the GI.JOE cobra hideout, which turned out to be empty? No Alquaeda, no equipment not even bunks, just empty.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by StarBoy

First of all.. I would not live under taliban/alqada rule... If I had a family, I would pack up and secretly take them to a safe place.. If I was a single man, I would gather up as many able bodies as I could, and would flush my cities and towns of these terrorists..

The US notifies these towns of upcoming raids/bombing... WTF else should we do?

It is so common for simple minded folks to call people sheep, simply because they don't have the same opinion as yours..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

You dont understand.

What i meant is that Al-Qa'ida does not exist, so if such organisation didnt existed in the scenario i wrote before then what would you do when the soldiers and the bombs came? Go away? Where if you dont even have enough money to feed your family.

No they dont notifie no one.
If they see anything that seems to them suspicious they shoot without caring the civilians. Want proof?
www.youtube.com...
They dont even care who they are or what they are exactlly... the biggest problem with this is that they never told you when they do such "mistakes".
They are bored, so they want to play a bit of live call of duty.
And here is the other part:
www.youtube.com...
Where they just kill everyone around on the road only because they saw a guy with an AK-47.

Oh so is this JUST ANOTHER unfortunate miscalculation of a war?

This is why i call you a sheep because you watch the TV and BELIEVE, but never do your own research on the internet or other than TV where they feed you what they want.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

If you bothered to read anything from a book store that wasn’t based on conspiracy such as “the secret history of Al’qa’ida by Abdel Bari Atwan, then you would know that they did exist, the author of that book spent a night in a cave with Osama Bin Laden himself and is considered to be a leading expert of the group. Also if you had read my post you would also have noticed me explaining that during the battle of Tora Bora there is a significant chance that these cave complexes were obliterated during the bombings causing them to collapse.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

If i write you a book about me and the organization of santa claus will you believe me? I will also include many days i spent with santa claus on the north pole, but no pictures or videos. (ps. actually maybe i could make some pics and videos you will certainly believe)

Sorry im just annoyed with people who believe everything an author or the media tells them.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by StarBoy

The author I was referring to is a distinguished journalist and regularly appears on a number of news programs as well as running his own newspaper on Middle Eastern issues. He is a reliable source, unlike most of the conspiracy bias rubbish you will find on ATS. If you want to know the true nature of Al’qa’ida then that is a good place to start, not some random on ATS with a 4 line thread.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarBoy

If i write you a book about me and the organization of santa claus will you believe me? I will also include many days i spent with santa claus on the north pole, but no pictures or videos. (ps. actually maybe i could make some pics and videos you will certainly believe)

Sorry im just annoyed with people who believe everything an author or the media tells them.

Hmm..
So we should believe a bunch of random people when they say Al Qaeda doesn't exist.
But when a distinguished journalist says they do we should refuse to believe?
I'm just annoyed with people who disregard anything academic as a conspiracy.
edit on 11-1-2011 by hippomchippo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by StarBoy

So what.. There are bad apples in every bunch. So you have posted videos of american soldiers acting badly..WTF is your malfunction? Do you think the US soldiers are the only ones subject to a few bad ones? Do you really believe that our military (as a whole) targets civilians? If you do your the sheep.. You just listen to delusional folks that spread the opposite info you blame others of eating..

Proof we warn the villages:

www.cbc.ca...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.rferl.org...

Need more proof? We warned the residence in Iraq too? Let me know.. I will provide more proof. NOW - If I was in control.. There would be no warning.. If I think a terrorist, that has killed american soldiers, is hiding in a school.. BOOM!!! This is war, not a god damn friendly soccer match.

Our rules of engagement are BS...

* Unless our troops in combat are absolutely certain that no civilians are present, they're denied artillery or air support.

* If any civilians appear where we meet the Taliban, our troops are to "break contact" -- to retreat.

And what has our concern for the lives of Taliban sympathizers accomplished? The Taliban now make damned sure that civilians are present whenever they conduct an ambush or operation.

So they attack -- and we quit the fight, lugging our dead and wounded back to base.

Read more: www.nypost.com...

Our rules of engagement is pathetic and prolonging this war.. I want all of our boys to come home.. I could 2 "snip" about Afghanistan or Iraq.. Or Israel or The Korea's for that matter..

I say close every last base of ours.. Bring everyone home... In my world we would only attack another country if our country was attacked.. If you attack our country, we come and destroy your entire country.. Then... ITS OURS.. if you dont like it, take a hike..

Do this method 1 or 2 times and everyone would leave the US alone... PERIOD!

Stop protecting Israel.. let Israel fend for itself - Leave SK to do it's thing..

Use our soldiers to fix our infrastructure.. I am not against war....... I am against our soldiers fighting senseless wars, and protecting others.. Ever hear of "survival of the fittest?"

99% of our soldiers are good guys, that are really trying to make a difference in the world.. I am sick to death of the mouth pieces generalizing our boys.. I truly hope that our military misfires a hellfire to land on these mouth pieces.. pathetic bunch of ignorant hippies!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hi, I have read this post with interest. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Al Quaeda Arabic for Database?. I was under the impression that this was the name assigned to the CIA database of terrorist organizations and members, and never an actual single terrorist group. I (as have a lot people I know in this country, which is not the US) Have understood that these terrorists are members of Al Quaeda meaning they are known to the US and on the database.
I may be wrong here. but i have seen much more evidence for this than I have that Al Quaeda is the name of an individual organization headed by Osama Bin Laden.
I am also amazed that the name Osama Bin Laden is rarely if ever mentioned on the public media. Is that it? Has the worlds most powerful military machine been unable to find one man in 9 years? Has the US simply given up now that they realise that they cannot win in the way they perceived? Lets just not mention him any more and hopefully everyone will forget. I find this hard to believe given that this was the sole reason that the US invaded a nation that had done nothing to them directly, and was their entire pretext for waging war around the world.(and lets not forget the imminent threat of the non existent WMD's)
I am also very aware of the extent the US Gvnt is currently going to in order to stop people like us from having an opinion that doesn't match theirs, such as employing thousands of people to flood forums like this with pro war propaganda and debunk any other views as unpatriotic and brand these people as conspiracy nuts.
It's very clear to most countries around the world that Osama had nothing to do with 9/11 and Saddam had nothing to do with Osama or the so called Al Quaeda. and I can't help that whenever I see someone sabotage others opinions with mainstream pro war propaganda that these peope may well be on the Government payroll.
Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The Cave system in that country goes back to the 1700's, like in 'nam it was daytime war for the USA, It was hard to find all the tunnels, why leave a good tunnel system go to waste- Peace

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by disaster123

What a horrible opinion.... First of all .. If your going to make claims about "database" how about a source?

You mention a Afghanisten and WMD correlation... Please source that correlation also...

What do you consider to be "pro-war"?

Left wing (really left) conspiracy theorists are dead set on naming or categorizing people that don't see things their way.

Do you really believe that their are paid govt. agents in this thread? If so, how about cluing me in on your assessment of said people...

I think you put far to much importance on your words or ramblings, if you will. I would bet 2 or 3 important fingers, that the govt. could care less about what you or I say on ATS..

If you weren't talking about this thread specifically.... then why post it here?

Is this a common theorist line, used to insult people, that aren't as opinionated on military issues as you?

Seems that in your world, it is, agree with your perception or feel the wrath of an ignorant rant.. I think you need to grow up... There is no boogie man....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join