It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Gifford likely to survive, says doctor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted, but Gabrielle Gifford's doctor says she's likely to survive. What happened? This is great news! But confusing because I thought she was was dead. But here's to a full recovery!!!

-- Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, 40, was shot in the head and underwent surgery Saturday. Doctors were optimistic of her chances of surviving. "I'm about as optimistic as it can get in this situation," Dr. Peter Rhee of the University Medical Center said Saturday afternoon. He said the next 24 hours will be key for determining the extent of her recovery.

edition.cnn.com...

Other sources:
www.hindustantimes.com...
www.marketwatch.com...
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
That is good news

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Good news for her, still very confused over media reporting (spiralling between her and 6 others dead, four dead including her, now she's not dead...?). Just wish that there was some good news for the others who got shot.

Still, some good news is better than no good news.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

Yeah, she sounds like an actually decent congresswomen, which are hard to come by nowadays. I mean, how many current congressmen/women do you see on a street corner in a meet & greet? Very few. And unguarded? Even fewer. Just to do that (even though it ended in tragedy), shows dedication.
edit on 9-1-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Seeing as the bullet was to the brain, though, even if she does survive, how much of her will?

Hopefully no vital (to life or personality) areas were hit. It would be terrible to go from being an apparently decent congresswoman to being a Phineas Gage (although in Sarah Palin's case, that might be an improvement (sic.)).

edit on 9/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

Let's hope so. I'm sure due to her status, she'll have the best doctors available.

new topics

top topics

join