It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Superstition of State Education

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Stefan lays into the violence of our State educational system.

I have to rank this video in my top 10 pwnings of all time. It's that good. He completely picks apart the arguments in favor of violently funded coerced State education point by point using some of the most brilliant analogies I've ever heard.

Just an awesome video.

An atheist who is a statist is just another theist - the madness of reason versus the state.

Article Sources: www.fdrurl.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Very good indeed! However, I somehow doubt that we will be getting away from the violently funded coerced State education model because, as he correctly stated, the only way to do this is for professors / teachers to begin to teach for free.

Philanthropy, although it makes the philanthropist feel good about himself and look good in the eyes of his peers, really does not work unless severe critical thinking - on the part of the philanthropist - is applied to it. Philanthropy is not throwing money towards something, it is not setting up yet more control mechanisms on the people it purports to aid.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
They need to go back to teaching classic liberal education. At least that will help teach students logic amongst other things. It's no longer about imparting a rigorous education but about selling classes to dolts.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Just finished watching the video. I am so posting this on facebook.

top topics

join