It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s Internet I.D = National Identification Card

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Obama is looking to (very soon) implement Internet Identity for Amerikans.

Internet Identity System Said Readied by Obama Administration

But hey, big woopy right? I mean who in their right mind would ever let a little laminated card come between you and a day without your Face Book? :O

Who cares if the card contains your:

Name
Address
D.O.B
SS#
Photo
Thumbprint
Signature

And has access to ALL your Internet Information!

Line right up to get it folks! Coming soon to a check-point near you!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

What is a National I.D card?

Let’s see... It would have your:

Name
Address
D.O.B
SS#
Photo
Thumbprint
Signature

Am I forgetting something?

Enjoy Your Self Inflicted Fascism Folks.

peace
edit on 9-1-2011 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

[color=RED]The only thing most drivers licenses lack in comparison is a thumb print.
Sounds like it would just replicate the same info on a Federal level.. Unless you think the feds dont have all that info from Birth Certs and Social Security info anyway.

edit on 9-1-2011 by lordtyp0 because: Color added.. for some weird reason

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

The only thing most drivers licenses lack in comparison is a thumb print.
Sounds like it would just replicate the same info on a Federal level

Exactly. Which would make your Internet ID what?

A 'Federal National ID Card'

Just sayin...

See you on Face Book...

Peace and thanks for your reply...

edit on 9-1-2011 by silo13 because: more flame

edit on 9-1-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I wonder what will happen? Will someone from the DOD come to your house and disconnect your modem? I dont think that TPTB understand what the internet means for most people. You want a revolution?! Do this and they will see it.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Guess I am missing something:

Given the info is readily available.. What is bad about a federal ID?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
You should probably read the entire article before you make sensationalists threads.

Wait this is ATS, that kind of common sense went away years ago.

The card system is VOLUNTARY. You won't be required to use it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0
reply to post by silo13

The only thing most drivers licenses lack in comparison is a thumb print.
Sounds like it would just replicate the same info on a Federal level.. Unless you think the feds dont have all that info from Birth Certs and Social Security info anyway.

A drivers license isn't required to access the internet. It sounds like the goal is to end anonymity on the net. If one is required to use such a means to access the net, anonymity is gone. Precisely what any tyrant prefers when dissent is to be stifled.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I wonder what will happen? Will someone from the DOD come to your house and disconnect your modem? I dont think that TPTB understand what the internet means for most people. You want a revolution?! Do this and they will see it.

I wondered about that. Really. I asked myself WHAT in the hell would it take for Amerikans to get off their collective butts and DO SOMETHING.

My top three came down to:

Regulate or take away their:

1. Food.
2. Guns.
3. Internet.

Hmmm....

peace

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17

So is the income tax. It's just that if you fail to volunteer, you get a visit.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

True.. But this also is not a 'card'. Sounds more like it is a SSL key or sorts that is uniquely derived from uniquely issued information. An electronic fingerprint of sorts that already exists in the form of Mac addressing etc. etc.

link   
reply to post by SG-17

You really believe that? You've got to be kidding me right?

With all due respect to another ATS'er - Do you say 'Baaaaaa' when you get up in the morning?

peace

edit on 9-1-2011 by silo13 because: spell

link   
Let's get to the real truth about Obama's birth certificate.

And let Americans protest about having more rights taken away.

Your birth certificate is your own.

So is Obama's.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by SG-17

You really believe that? You've got to be kidding me right?

With all due respet to another ATS'er - Do you say 'Baaaaaa' in the morning when you get up?

peace

This kind of crap is what is ruining this website.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I wondered about that. Really. I asked myself WHAT in the hell would it take for Amerikans to get off their collective butts and DO SOMETHING.

My top three came down to:

Regulate or take away their:

1. Food.
2. Guns.
3. Internet.

Hmmm....

peace

I will say this.

Food. DONE
Guns. DONE
Internet. SOON.

If people allowed their food and guns to be distorted why would their internet be that far off? Ill tell you why, how would people watch American Idol? Or see what someone is wearing? Even though I would appreciate those that choose their right for knowledge, those who are asleep will come through on this one.

Peace. NRE.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I've heard about this and frankly, I know all too well that I will be one of the people on the run, circumventing these internet restritictions where ever I can. I will not stay in America. X-Ray Scanners and telescreens and national ID cards = get out signs.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I am not against national IDs, we have had it in Slovakia for decades, and it is a good thing. It is this connection with Internet that worries me. There is no need for such a thing to have anything to do with Internet, IMHO.
edit on 9/1/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I will say this.

Food. DONE
Guns. DONE
Internet. SOON.

I was wondering if someone would pick up on that.

Thank you for helping me point out to what you and I see as being obvious.

I', pretty shocked actually at some of the responses over this already.

I mean we're talking the 300lb gorilla right there in the living room and a guy at the door delivering bananas and people still just don't get it.

peace

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I am not against national IDs, we have had it in Slovakia for decades, and it is a good thing. It is this connection with Internet that worries me. There is no need for such a thing to have anything to do with Internet, IMHO.

I’ll try not to derail the thread getting into the National ID Card.
The point is - the PTB are manipulating people on every front to get what they want, and the last thing they want is Freedom of ANYTHING in the USA or anywhere, as I’m sure you’re familiar with in your own country.

Yes, it does worry me about the Internet, of course it does. It’s ludicrous to think it should be regulated. I’m just looking at the other part of the big picture here.

Thanks
peace

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

This kind of crap is what is ruining this website.

Why is this 'crap'?

You say it's 'voluntary'... How far do you really think 'voluntary' is going to go? Really?

The FACTS are, IF Amerikan's 'go along' with this 'voluntary' ID - the only difference between a Internet ID and a Federal National ID card is the NAME.

COMMON SENSE tells us - Name it what you want - Internet ID or National ID = SAME THING

There is no 'crap' in that - only truth.

Look, I'm not attacking you, nor am I trying to 'diss' you. The very last thing any of us need right now is dissention. I just can't imagine how you can label something as blatantly obvious as this sensational.

Like the man said - Taxes are 'voluntary' too...

peace

edit on 9-1-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0
reply to post by bozzchem

True.. But this also is not a 'card'. Sounds more like it is a SSL key or sorts that is uniquely derived from uniquely issued information. An electronic fingerprint of sorts that already exists in the form of Mac addressing etc. etc.

I appreciate you proving my point. The need for some sort of "key" to gain access to the internet is the rope one places around the neck of those wishing to use it. MAC addresses and IP addresses have been thrown out of court as non binding. Make someone use a "license" to get on the net and it's just one more chink in the armor of freedom...which has become precariously thin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join