It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nine year old girl killed at the Shooting in Tucson, AZ was one of the Faces of Hope children.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Christina Taylor Green, nine-year-old victim in today's Tucson shootings, once was an infant designated to be a "Face of Hope" by virtue of her birth on September 11, 2001. She was one of the children born on 9/11, reports Tucson blogger David Abie Morales. And she is thereby featured in the book by Christine Pisera Naman, entitled Faces of Hope, Babies Born on 9/11, dedicated to all the mothers who gave birth and to their babies born on the day the World Trade Towers in New York City were taken down by an act of terrorism.

R.I.P little Angel...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f202a8743fb1.jpg[/atsimg]

All Voices

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Man, I knew I shouldn't have looked at this thread. Why did I do it?

Was already feeling pretty lousy about my day and the state of the world in general, but to see that sweet girl's face and know what happened to her, like a knife to the heart. Tragic.

All the best to her family and friends. What a world.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Hi Var,

We look at these threads because we have to.

The world is indeed in a sorry state, and I am so sad that this child was killed, and the other people.

But we have to go on somehow.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The loss of our children is more than tragic.

She was murdered for standing outside. I feel for the parents. Such a loss is never prepared for. We as parents rarely have to think of our children passing before we do. They will facecrushing grief in the coming days, and no other day will pass without thoughts of what could have been.

I feel thier pain. I have been there. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The guilt the neighbor must feel for inviting the child to go. So sad... Go find your children and give them a huge hug and let them know how much they are truly loved

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Look how bright and innocent her eyes are. It's a real shame...

I sure hope it's a coincidence that her DOB is September 11th 2001

I hope she's moved on to a better place now.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Moose318

This is the most gut wrenching out of the whole violent affair. A young innocent girl caught up the violence of adult political madness, deprived of her life prematuredly by a matured adult, for no crime other than to be standing there, participating in an innocent show of connectivity between the political leader and the masses.

She was born on 9/11.She and others whom were born on that day truly represented the HOPE of America, and the continuation of american courage, the blood of the brave founding fathers, for when there was despair, confusion and turmoil, hope came from such babies first cry, that life had continued, must continue and will continue no matter what comes. It is them that we live, and it is them that gave us all hope and courage to dispel our fears to continue on.

Today, even though as we despair over the senseless murder, confused, greatly saddened, and saw with horror how a bullet tore apart hope in the form of that precious little girl, do know that hope never died. No bullet can ever destroy ideals. The flesh may be destroyed, but the spirit is alive. It only makes that ideal grow stronger, for no one will let hope die.

And in that hope, will the rememberance of Christina Taylor grow in our hearts, to courageously face tomorrows, to make it better for others yet to come, and never to allow another child be harmed, as little Christina had been harmed. They are our hope, courage, future and will to battle against tyranny and their deceptions in any form for a better tomorrow.

Rest in peace, dear Christina. Your spirit of hope will continue to live on in all of us, never forgotten.....

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Her father said her life had "bookends" of tragedy - but there was 9 years of incrediable beauty in between.
May we remember that all our lives have bookends, and each try and so something good with our lives between.
Her parents appear brave and strong, and her brother who was her best friend is heartbroken. My prayers go out to this family.

top topics

join