It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Iraq Militants Threaten to Behead Bulgarian Hostages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Iraqi Militants threatened to behead two Bulgarian hostages who they claimed to have seized in Iraq, according to a video tape aired by the Al Jazeera television station on Thursday. Al Jazeera said the tape had come from the Tawhid and Jihad group, headed by the Jordanian Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. It showed two men, identified as Bulgarians, sitting in front of their captors; the statement said they would be killed within 24 hours unless imprisoned militants were released by American forces.

BBC News
The message said the men would be executed if Iraqi prisoners were not freed within 24 hours. The al-Tawhid and Jihad militants - led by top al-Qaeda suspect Abu Musab al-Zarqawi - have already beheaded a US and a South Korean hostage.

Bulgaria has a 485-member battalion in Iraq, which serves alongside Ukrainian troops under Polish command The latest kidnap came hours after a Lebanese-born US marine who was allegedly kidnapped in Iraq, turned up in the US embassy in Beirut.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Looking like they are getting more desperate. I think sooner or later they may realize it doesn't matter how many people they behead, we're still going to keep our troops in Iraq. It's all just shock tactics and it just keeps making people think what animals they are and how they value life so little.

Related News Stories:
CNN

[edit on 9-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Not good,

My thoughts are with them two men,

I also think that they might stop soon as the troops are not going to leave due to them beheading people,
Im just worried what approch they may take next.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The terrorists are seemingly targeting other countries troops this way, as they try to spread their influence of fear in order to drive out any weak hearts.

But it ain't gonna happen !

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
these guys havent got a prayer. whenever they say "24 hours" thats it...u know ur done for. hopefully im wrong tho.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
These cowards have NO respect for life and so it doesn't make any difference how many hostages they hold or kill. So I don't think it matters to them at all if anybody goes along with their demands or not. They are bloodthirsty and that is all that matters to them

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
CNN reports they're threatening to behead the men.
www.cnn.com...

*sighs*

I feel sick every time I see a story like this. I can't imagine what the hostages are going through, but I try to empathize.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The problem lies with nobody stopping AL-JEEZERA from running these disgusting tapes. Take away these clown's video forum and what do they have to publicize their cowardly deeds?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleMan
The problem lies with nobody stopping AL-JEEZERA from running these disgusting tapes. Take away these clown's video forum and what do they have to publicize their cowardly deeds?

The videos are posted on the internet.....

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Good point Smirkley about them targeting different troops from other countries. Would be used to spread fear throughout rather than within the 1 country perhaps?

That is a scary though Asala. If the beheading arent becoming succesful in driving out troops what might happen.

Lets hope they get away safely the two men.

Rynaldo

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
If they weren't there in the first place this wouldn't happen.
Its Bush that should be beheaded.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Just don't report and care.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
How many beheadings does it take? I mean honestly...I don't know how many of you have actually watched the footage from these tragedies, but in all of them they seem to pull out the dullest knife they can find just to cause more suffering and humiliation....When are we going to do something about this - they obviously have a following, the time of the day to shoot footage and a place to stash away their victims so how hard can it be to zone in on these f***ers? If they "found" Saddam in a hole in the ground I'm sure they can locate these foul creatures

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I hope the hoastages make it out okay. But I think the time has come for foreign contractors etc. to get the heck out! Their safety cannot be guaranteed.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Of course they will decapitate people from little countries like Bulgaria...this is to show that they have no business in Iraq. It's not even America's War ..it's Bush's War...I just don't know when will the governments of the coalition countries realize that this is not a war on Terrorism, it is a war for money and power....these guys are fighting not knowing what are they fighting for...it's sucha nonsense......it's not about the Bulgarians being a tough crowd..it is fighting for no cause...for someone else's influence cause....i just wonder when the small countries are gonna stop kissing asses.....one human life is more important then a back rub from a World Power country like the USA!

new topics

top topics

join