It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Member to ATS!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Hi everyone, my name is John *skywatcher2011*, and I am totally new to ATS. I live in Vancouver, CANADA. I came across ATS this new year in search of hot topics such as ufo's, conspiracies, NWO, and other news events. I enjoy playing video games, reading about business and science, and spend about 2 hours a day on Youtube (I know, I need to get more of a life...maybe extra-terrestrial? lol).

Anyways, I have already made my first post before introducing myself...a thread about if anyone is feeling a little off lately. I look forward in keeping current with everyone as well as contributing information I find out here in Canada. Best wishes everyone!

John

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Welcome! I am new too and just trying to get used to all of this...The first hurdle is the 20 posts lol! I wish you luck and happy hunting my friend!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AndyV

Thanks Andy. I wish you best in getting your first 20 posts in there. There is such an explosion of new information on the internet and I really feel that we all need to share relevant events on ATS. I also wish the best to the other new members =)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Thank you so much Skywatcher, think I may have gotten them in now
But you are right though, the info out there is astounding and it is nice to be able to come to a place like this and see where people run with it....Nice not to feel so isolated in my thoughts....

Best of luck to you
Ciao!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Welcome to you both!
May you find what you are looking for, or at least have a laugh or two and maybe even learn something ( I know I have, the amazing people here always keep me on my toes) I hope you enjoy your stay here, and don't forget your to grab complimentary cheese danish

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

You are right. Get a life... well just as most of us should out here.

Please read the Terms and conditions of use
They are mandatory.

Start in Fresh mans forum to get some feeling with the site.

Feel free to ask me anything. You will find the majority of ATS members to be very helpful.

Enjoy your stay.

~ Sinter

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Welcome to ATS.

You are right. Get a life... well just as most of us should out here.

Please read the Terms and conditions of use
They are mandatory.

Start in Fresh mans forum to get some feeling with the site.

Feel free to ask me anything. You will find the majority of ATS members to be very helpful.

Enjoy your stay.

~ Sinter

Thank you Sinter! I look forward to learning more about the Forum and other aspects of the site =)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Hey Skywatcher2011 and welcome to the AboveTopSecret network.

One quick question. Won't it be weird in 2012 when your name still reads 2011?

edit on 1/10/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Hi John, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Glad you found us.

Beware the trolls and ignore the hoaxers (or better yet, confront them in a civil way).

There is endless information here and some really great entertainment for when the educational stuff makes your brain hurt.

Hope you enjoy your stay and that we get to see more posts from you soon.

Again, welcome.

PS- Have a flag for joining and properly introducing yourself at the door!

MM
edit on 10-1-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Come to think of it you are right! Fortunately I thought this through BEFORE I chose my member name. The relevance to "Skywatcher2011" will serve as a reminder to me and others the year I became passionate about exploring the skies looking for strange phenomena (UFO's) and other interesting stuff!

That being said, I will have to wait and see how I will feel in 2012 when looking at my member name. Who knows, maybe I will still like it, maybe not

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Thank you so much Sauron! I have checked out the links and when I get more familiar with ATS will be the day you will see my avatar change and myself creating new threads.

I look forward to future messaging with you. Keep up the great work on this site

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Welcome to ATS! Glad you found us.

Beware the trolls and ignore the hoaxers (or better yet, confront them in a civil way)......

....PS- Have a flag for joining and properly introducing yourself at the door!

MM
edit on 10-1-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

Hello Mr. Mask!

I like to first start off by thanking you for the flag! However, I still don't understand the flagging system on ATS, so it would be good if you can assist me with this part. Heheh

Secondly, how can I recognize hoaxers and trolls? I recognize the term trolls but it was a while ago since I heard the term. But I do agree with you in regards to confronting these people in a civil fashion and nail them down with cold hard facts! That should be on everyone's mind when reading threads and posts!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Won't it be weird in 2012 when your name still reads 2011?
[/font]

edit on 1/10/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

Not if he thinks the world will end. Given these forums, there's a possibility he does.

Welcome, Skywatcher. Vancouver is a beautiful city, I'd like to visit there someday.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

That being said, I will have to wait and see how I will feel in 2012 when looking at my member name. Who knows, maybe I will still like it, maybe not

Well, that's presuming we'll all be here, still...

/jk

Welcome.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyV

Thanks Andy! I hope you enjoy ATS as much as I am right now...there is just too much good material in this site that is just too good to pass up now.

As such...I pretty much stopped reading my local newspaper...for it is not worthy anymore! Time to "wake up" North America, what do you say?!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Well, that's presuming we'll all be here, still...

/jk

Welcome.

Hahahaha! Well, I don't know about you or anyone else...I intend to live past 2012...in fact, I said to myself I will live forever...and so far so good!

I can be such an optimist sometimes ^

But!!!! don't forget -> should 2012 be the last hurrah for mother earth, it won't be the end until the winter solstice. That means I have all year to debate on my profile member name until that time

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Welcome, already you have asked questions I would like answered in the FAQ section of the Freshman Forum. Woo Hoo, Glad you joined, look forward to your posts.

new topics

top topics

join