It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help identifying a movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Hi all. There is a movie I remember watching probably back in the late 60's or early-mid 70's. It was about a teenage girl who had cancer, either leukemia or bone cancer. All I really remember about the movie was that she played the guitar and that she eventually lost her hair and wore a scarf on her head. Plus, of course, she died at the end. I also think it was a made-for-tv movie, but not really sure. I searched the imdb but came up with nothing. I always thought that Kathleen Quinlan starred in it but apparently not. It might of been someone with a similar name. Any help at all would be appreciated. This is driving me nuts!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
i will have a crack. was it called sunshine. i seem to remember a movie in the early 70's that sounds a little like that. i was only young but remember my mum bawling her eyes out.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I believe you are correct, the movie was Sunshine, came out in 1973. Not much to be found on google, but it did star Christina Raines and Cliff De Young. Here is a link to some info:

Sunshine

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

omg, i have THE worst memory and i cant believe i got this.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
heres a little more info

www.imdb.com...
edit on 9-1-2011 by benintheuk because: like a tool i forgot to put the link in

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Sorry all, it's not Sunshine. I remember watching that movie also when I was younger. In the movie I am talking about the girl is a teenager and she lives with her parents, as far as I can remember. I also remember that eventually her cancer spread and she had to get her leg amputated. Any help is and will be appreciated!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Jonathan Livingston Seagull with Allie McGraw?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Allie McGraw wasn't in Johnathan Livingston Seagull that I remember. but she was in Love Story and she has leukemia and dies at the end.. a real tear jerker for sure

Love Story

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

Yep, you're right. Got them totally mixed up for some reason. Thanks for the correction. And yes I bawled my eyes out at Love Story!

top topics

join