It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Useful survival knowledge...got any?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngtr
I know this thread kind of died ..but i would like to add this link as it is excellent with real in depth survival information. serious survival information.

It is called the Doom survival guide and it covers pretty much anything you would need information wise in a real survival situation.

pretty good but i prefer to watch Bear Grylls, excellent survivalist, wouldn't mind getting stranded on an island with him lol

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Here's my advice... Search through the survival and weaponry thread archives. Plenty of information and plenty of constant repeats. Even a thread on sources for downloads, manuals etc. Search Search Search Away.

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail- Benjamin Franklin

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by xxclaro

andy useful tips to keep birds from eatin my strawberries at all? lol

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Buy a model Stirling Engine from ministeam.com

Only $90 for the PM Research stirling engine kit. Made in USA.
www.ministeam.com/acatalog/PM_Research_Kits.html
(the top "Thinking Mans Engine" kit.)

Scale that up/make one bigger after you see how it works....so you can create electricity by burning your trash. A Heat Engine/Stirling Engine is super simple to make. You can run your houses lights and get enough power to run your computer from one of those.

They also work if you put the end that normally gets heated....in ice. It only needs a temperature difference to run.

Stirling Engines are da BOMB. Simple to make engines. They were how we got things done in the late 1800's....and they are what's powered frekin satellites in space with Plutonium238 providing the heat source.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by xxclaro

This is a great thread for pooling our survival ideas. Thanks to all for the info that has helped me.
In the Canadian environment the first battle for survival comes from hypothermia. It will kill you faster than lack of food or water. Therefore the need for heat is essential.
I a have recently constructed a "rocket mass wood heater" and am very impressed with the results.
This unit at this time heats a section of my barn and adds heat to an attached green house.
A typical unit can be constructed mostly with scrap materials, clay, sand and straw. They may be worth investigating.
There is many vids on the net. Here is a link to one (am going to figure out embedding asp) www.youtube.com...
I have video of the complete step by step constuction of the unit I built and hope to post it on you tube.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I am presently buying a product for 97 cents for 6 items and and when things start to get really bad I will be able to sell these items for $10.00 or more for 6 itimes even if you take Silver or Gold in exchange for the product. This is not food. Other products I am buying are matches that are sealed I do know there are alternatives called the stick. I am buying cheap cigarette lighters and charcoal torch lighters that are cheap now but will be like gold in the future. I am buying delicious survival gourmet future food with a 15 to 20 year shelf life and I eat some now and save some. The organically grown future food is reasonalbly priced because of the company locking in contracts way ahead of the curve. www.myfreefood.us...
^Y^

edit on 6-3-2011 by amari because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join