It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog is Freaking Out

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
You know what's a weird weird coincidence. I clicked on this thread and 2 seconds later rain started POURING down. Crazy. Goes with the day I suppose.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
You know what's a weird weird coincidence. I clicked on this thread and 2 seconds later rain started POURING down. Crazy. Goes with the day I suppose.

how's that crazy?

about the taco bell dog "freaking out" is this your first dog? Did you get it today?

I hate to break it to you sweetie, but your dog will "freak out" often, get used to it, it's a dog.

as far as the whole dead cats thing, i second the sick bastard theory, they're out there and they are godless marauding kitty killing d-bags

this thread gets

edit on 9-1-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Is there any way a wild animal could make it under your house?
That could make some dogs act crazy if they smell a wild animal.

We had a skunk make it under our house before, our small dog would bark and act weird, it took us 2 days to finally see what was making our dog act weird.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
No she has been in the family since she was a pup,and she does not freak out like this ever

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo007

I don't think so,like i said i have two other dogs and they are very calm an sleeping right now

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

soooooo, are either close to you?
are there other sites that may be?
do you think this could be triggering the behavior?
you are there, living it ... we can only surmise based on what you provide. i can say that you are not in any noted seismic activity zone (if that helps any).

I am experiencing similar behavior with a few of my felines, however we are in FL. two of the ones that prefer solitude, all of a sudden want, beg for and insist on lap-time. odd indeed.

don't work yourself into a frenzy over it, try to pinpoint the behavior characteristics and go from there. when does it happen? new food? new mate? new anything? another person or newer pet in the house?
there are toooo many questions you've left unanswered.
try to remember, we all have 'strange' days, animals are no different.

*** speaking of oddities, did anyone else notice the position of the moon, earlier this evening?
anything seem out of place to you?

driving around 7pm, i noticed the crescent moon, bright and beautiful, but strangely placed in the NWestern sky (way toooo early in the evening). Normally, that view should be present about now (2am), however, i just went outside to have a look-see and the moon is not visible to me any longer.
i wonder if this is indicative of the pole shift?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

The only one's close to me would be Dallas and Fort Worth,as far as the fracking site,and as far as the dog ,nothing new going on,just the rain and it isn't like a thunderstorm rain,just a light shower,nothing she would go crazy over

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Does anyone have a Chiuaua right now that is not freaking out or are the freaking out dogs all Chiuaua's?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Here is alittle thing i found on researching dogs behavior,which i did not know,Plus, they are more sensitive to magnetic and other subtle environmental changes. It is believed that extrasensory perception in dogs is independent of other sense perceptions like that of sight, smell etc.Also that they can sense when a love one is going to die,God i hope that doesn't apply to me LOL why she is acting crazy

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

damn 2-3 days, if thats true your pup may be sencing the possible one on the 11th. Fema is doing a 'drill', a huge earthquake drill on the new madrid fault, which is fairly close ina way to you, id just try to be prepared, if you know anything about fema...everytime they do a 'drill' the real thing ends up happening. Also you know anyone elses animals freakin out around you??

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Mines calm
Altho he is half pom-pom...
Hes a chilly willy, unless someone comes to the door.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

well ok, one could suppose it's possible she is 'sensing' the water penetration of the fracking zones and it's disturbing to her ... does she behave this way, new today (this rain) or every time it rains ?

if you provide the attention she demands, what is her response?
if you don't, what is her response?
one has to wonder (just a bit) if she is 're-training' you or perhaps extending boundaries ... how old is she?

there are a lot of factors that drive their behavior. i certainly wouldn't take it lightly but i wouldn't necessarily worry, either. are u sure her health is up to par? bladder infection or something similarly minor?
well, i'm starting to babble so i'll stop now.
sure wish we spoke their language or they, ours ... best advice i can offer at this point is listen to her ... with open mind and open heart and see what comes forth. *** peace ***

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Days before the 2008 China Sichuan earthquake, dogs were seen walking to and fro in a scared/worried manner. Huge number of frogs migrated out of ground to another land.

edit on 1/9/2011 by wisdomnotemotion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
UK here.
Sorry couldn't help myself.
My dog is behaving normally and so are the local cats, birds, whatever.
I'm sure that whatever is going on with the OP's dog it has quite a mundane explanation.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
sounds like what happened to the birds and fish may be happening to your dog. If it is going to die i would give it comfort. some treats and just pet it until it was either better or dead. sorry if thats the case. i have been watching my dog and cat. nothing weird yet.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

I do have a chijuajua. It acts like your describing all the time. barks for no apparent reason, wants to be picked up, paws at us to get our attention. Chews on everything, plays and runs top speed back and fourth through the house, sleeps a lot, takes one piece of dog food out of its bowl and walks away to eat it, then makes multiple trips back in the process. Scratches its underbelly with its rear leg, howls at police, ambulance and firetruck sirens. camps at the window and door, gazes out of the window and door frequently, investigates everything it hears and sees, seems to be partially nightblind...hates to share, is protective and clingy, doesnt like cats.. barks when the phone rings and comes to get you if you dont go answer it...barks at the vaccuum, doesnt like people touching anything near it... oh yea and hes a sock thief.

Id say your dog is fine but you know..take it to the vet, see if it needs medical attention or something. Sounds like a normal dog to me.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have a Golden Retriever, hes been acting fairly normal....seems a little more tired then usual.. but other then that things are all good

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
My huskies are snoring away..

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
OP, another possible explanation is that dogs are very sensitive to their owner's emotions, and if there is any drama or anxiety going on in your household, your dog may be picking up on that and feeling insecure. Spending some cuddle time with her/him may help. If that doesn't work, my guess is she is sensing something outside or around your home you are not noticing and trying to warn you.

If her behaviour doesn't change, maybe you should take her to the vet, or for a car ride. I had a dog once acting strangly for a few days and finaly took him to the vet. The vet found nothing wrong and my dog was back to his normal self after the visit. I think if I would have just taken him for the car ride first, that would have made all the difference and saved me an expensive vet visit!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kyeleigh

Do you have a link or some further information that I can look at about this? I live not too far off from the New Madras fault and maybe I should read up on what you wrote here. After reading your post, I'm starting to feel unsettled myself!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join