It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog is Freaking Out

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
With the many threads on the massive bird and fish kills,i am writing this now to let you know to watch your animals,i have a chihuahua dog who is totally freaking out about something,yes we have a light rain going on right now,but nothing that she would get so scared about she is panting,whining trying to actually hold on to me with her paws,i even tried to get away from her in another room,but she is at the door scratching and whining,very nervous,not sure what is going on with her,i have never seen her act this way,any clues?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

I read last night that animals may become nervous and whiny before and during a severe storm, or winter storm. Are you in the line of this southern snow storm?

Also earthquake activity can cause this behaviour.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Give your dog comfort. See if things lighten up with her. Chances are she just wants quality time. On the other hand, the mothership could be over your house

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
No,no snow,yes i know dogs get nervous in a thunderstorm,we are having a light rain now,nothing she would freak about,and she has never been this clingy before,she is about to tear me apart when i sit and try to calm her,she has never freaked so bad in a thunderstorm

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Relax, I'm sure one of the neighbors is just blowing a dog-whistle to mess with you

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
My dog gets most upset about Thunderstorms, Fireworks, UPS person, and looking at squirrels sitting around in the yard. Maybe she/he has the stomach ache comming on and needs to go out.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
What area are you in? Has there been any seismic activity in your area lately? Maybe the dog is in pain and finds comfort next to you?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
My little dog did the exact same thing recently, so much so that I also posted about it. Whithin 5 minutes we has a small quake just a few miles away.

I would watch for seismic activity:

USGS list

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
A very small town,lampasas texas,about maybe 40 miles from FT HOOD,so i never heard of any sesmic activity

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasmine23
With the many threads on the massive bird and fish kills,i am writing this now to let you know to watch your animals,i have a chihuahua dog who is totally freaking out about something,yes we have a light rain going on right now,but nothing that she would get so scared about she is panting,whining trying to actually hold on to me with her paws,i even tried to get away from her in another room,but she is at the door scratching and whining,very nervous,not sure what is going on with her,i have never seen her act this way,any clues?

yes.. animals will start to freak out 2-3 days before a major earthquake.. I would highly suggest to have 3 days supply of water on hand..

i know this to be true, it happen on the earthquake down in CA, the 7.5 on that collapsed the freeways, and the one up in just outside of Tacoma.. back in ... 2002(?)

animals are WAY more sensitive to vibrations than humans ..even though it may not happen, it's still a good idea..

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The only thing is i have other dogs and they are not acting any different,not even through the rain,but she is up with her ears in high alert stage eyes bugging out.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I recommend that you stop worrying. Even if your dogs strange behavior is actually a precursor to some catastrophic event that will kill thousands, which is probably the absolute worse case scenario, what is knowing about it going to do except only stress you out for 2-3 days? What are you going to do, pack up your things, grab the family, and head for the hills because in the past animals have been noted as acting strangely before earthquakes and tsunamis? Be realistic, all of this recent ATS and media hype over the dying birds and fish has probably got to your head, and made you more alert to your dog and its behavior, so you are probably just overreacting a little bit. If you don't want to believe that, then don't take my advice, stress out, and live the next few days in fear of you and your close ones' lives.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I have noticed something similar in my area. I live in a very rural area, where there are lots of animals like cats and dogs, since the eclipse, 8 cats have been found dead in my area very far away from their homes. I myself have had 2 cats found far away from home and killed on a road by my home. They seem to be wondering more and more away from this area. Mind you this has been in the last week.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasmine23
A very small town,lampasas texas,about maybe 40 miles from FT HOOD,so i never heard of any sesmic activity

Yet....

Animals "know" you know. WE are the dumb ones.

Keep an eye on local reports and keep us informed. Your little doggy could be the canary in your coalmine.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Did they seem to die of natural causes? Maybe you have some sick bastard in your neighborhood that kills animals for fun. Case in point: www.truecrimereport.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

just a suggestion ... do some research regarding "fracking sites" in Tx and see if any are near you.
Dish, Ft Worth, northern Tx, Oklahoma and Arkansas are all being actively fractured. perhaps this is related?

airhugger.wordpress.com...
environment.change.org...

do not discount seismic activity ... there is plenty going on around you and the fracking process is known for triggering 'swarms' of quakes relative to the site locations.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontLegalizeDecriminalize

Did they seem to die of natural causes? Maybe you have some sick bastard in your neighborhood that kills animals for fun. Case in point: www.truecrimereport.com...

I'm sure its not natural causes, they seem to be straying away from their homes. These are animals that were born here, and remain loyal to the area for many years. I live in a town so small that we dont have a post office, or even a store. No one would come out to the boonies to kill cats and dogs.

Peace, NRE.

Before anyone can come up with a crazy scenario, the only crazy one I can think of, is that there is dog that has gone crazy, and is killing cats, and framing humans, by neatly placing them on the roads, to get people off the trail.
edit on 9-1-2011 by NoRegretsEver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I live out in the country and have 4 dogs all house dogs..2 are chihuahua's and both are acting nuts crying,whineing and doing this dureing the night also..The strange thing is they never do this both are usually calm ive been spending more time with them thinking this may be the problem but its not..My other 2 dogs are being there normal selfs laying around all day...I dont see anything diffrent in our weather the usual cold and snow we have every winter i live in minnesota..But i have to belive there is something going on thats out of the norm also its been going on for about 5 days with this strange whineing..

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Yes i did alittle search on that,Dish,and Fort Worth are the two main one's they mention on fracking sites

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Before anyone can come up with a crazy scenario, the only crazy one I can think of, is that there is dog that has gone crazy, and is killing cats, and framing humans, by neatly placing them on the roads, to get people off the trail.

well isn't this summary just perfect for a conspiracy site?

glad to see your humor is still in tact ... that is a tough one. congrats to ya.
i was gonna suggest a local coyote but i guess the dog is good enough

we should send you a 'collar-cam' so you can see and document it for everyone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join