It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Written Bomb Threat Halts Takeoff at Fla. Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Source ABC news

Authorities say a plane about to take off from a South Florida airport was returned to the gate after a passenger found a bomb threat scribbled in a magazine. Passengers got off, and the plane was searched as a precaution.

According to the Broward County Sheriff's Office, the note said there was a bomb aboard the Spirit Airlines flight that was preparing to take off Saturday night from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.

The sheriff's office says a bomb squad was sweeping the plane as a precaution after authorities received the call around 10 p.m.

Airport spokesman Greg Meyer says that as of about an hour and a half later, no bomb had been discovered. But he wasn't sure if the search was complete.

The Atlanta-bound plane was taxiing when the note was discovered.

Just came across my news feed, havnt seen anything here on ATS but wanted to share.
Good news it appears this was nothing more than a fake bomb threat, someone probably thought it would be funny to write the threat in one of the onboard magazines, I guess they are getting their laugh at home now.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Some guy is probably watching this on the news laughing his butt off.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Thank goodness everyone is safe.

Do people think they are allocated a seat just so the stewards/ess can call you by your name

This won’t take them long to track the moron down and i will defiantly make it a habit to skim through the mags as soon as I’m seated from now on.\

I normally skip straight to the Paspaley Pearls advert
and spend the rest of flight looking out the window for UFO’s and daydreaming.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I am definetly happy that everyone is safe in this situation. Evacuating the plane because of someone's stupid joke though could be quite annoying. I wonder if this will mark the end of inflight mags...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Oh I hope not I love reading the Qantas flight mags, It gives me a gimps of how the half live.

top topics

join