It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chronic Long Term Dehydration. What the medical community forgot to tell you.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Think about how often do you drink water? With soft drinks and juices galore many people have forgotten to drink natures best hydrator. Fatigue, low energy or tiredness are usually the first symptoms of chronic dehydration because water is a primary driving force of energy production inside the cells. Even small water losses cause big drops in your energy. In fact, for every 1% your cells are dehydrated, they lose 10% of their power to produce energy. Even mild dehydration (2% to 3%) causes 20% to 30% loss of energy! This creates havoc at the cellular level by releasing histamine and cortisol (stress hormone) which suppress your immune system and causes toxic build up, inflammation, slow metabolism and other health problems. Known symptoms in clude the following; •Allergy, Asthma, Digestion problems, Constipation, Heartburn, Acid Reflux, Peptic ulcers, High blood pressure, Migraine headaches, Weight Gain, Diabetes, Anxiety, Depression, Unexplained pains, Low back pain, and Morning sickness. Now just imagine how much the medical community makes from treating these symptoms every day, all the while you could just be dehydrated.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
And look at our water sources: bottled by corporations, or tap water with flouride. Even if you decide to hydrate yourself, you either pay for it in health or from your wallet.

Everyone on the forums should drink 95% water as a berverage with every meal, or to re-hydrate.

Originally posted by aginstitall
Think about how often do you drink water? With soft drinks and juices galore many people have forgotten to drink natures best hydrator. Fatigue, low energy or tiredness are usually the first symptoms of chronic dehydration because water is a primary driving force of energy production inside the cells. Even small water losses cause big drops in your energy. In fact, for every 1% your cells are dehydrated, they lose 10% of their power to produce energy. Even mild dehydration (2% to 3%) causes 20% to 30% loss of energy! This creates havoc at the cellular level by releasing histamine and cortisol (stress hormone) which suppress your immune system and causes toxic build up, inflammation, slow metabolism and other health problems. Known symptoms in clude the following; •Allergy, Asthma, Digestion problems, Constipation, Heartburn, Acid Reflux, Peptic ulcers, High blood pressure, Migraine headaches, Weight Gain, Diabetes, Anxiety, Depression, Unexplained pains, Low back pain, and Morning sickness. Now just imagine how much the medical community makes from treating these symptoms every day, all the while you could just be dehydrated.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I actually heard it wasn't good to drink water with your meal cause it interferes with your digestive fire. But I do anyways hehe.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I actually heard it wasn't good to drink water with your meal cause it interferes with your digestive fire. But I do anyways hehe.

What you are referring to is drinking cold water. Warm water is great. (usually drunk in tea form, but plain water is fine too). The cold makes digestion more difficult and takes more energy to accomplish thus disrupting the process.

btw - great op regarding hydration.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Thank you for reminding me. I have this thing about drinking water. I drink my arizona green tea like mad, but obviously the glucose/fructose factor is not that good a thing right? I just don't like the taste of water. My family has been on me for years about this, but now in my 40's and starting to take better care of myself, i must seriously start incorporating more water into my system. After reading the symptoms, i have quite a few.

Time to take better care of my hydration and I thank you for this reminder.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by aginstitall

When I experience a headache and fatigue my first impulse is to immediately rehydrate with just a pinch of organic mineral salt in the water to be certain the fluid enters the cell and just not flood around it as will occur with the accepted toxic table salt. Within several minutes the headache begins to abate. Should I not have access to proper water (i only drink Kangen water and carry it everywhere with me) I will be forced to purchase a plastic bottle of water and I prefer not to drink these. I carry Redmond's Mineral Salt in my purse, pack and car just for these emergencies. Why? Because the next step of the dehydration process for me are intense, crippling muscle cramps in feet and hands. It is an awful experience for this to occur in public. Once, I had to be helped out of Tai Chi practice because I neglected to monitor fluid intake. The cramping went on for 1.5 hours. I am surprised neighbours did not come by to find out why I was screaming. My body is ultra-sensitive and does not abide dehydration at all. Thanks for the heads-up on the vital importance of drinking water.

E
edit on 8-1-2011 by Elderlight because: Addition

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by aginstitall

Good info overall.

It's always good to have water with each meal. Also generally you can tell your dehydration level by the color of your urine. A pale yellow color is good. If it's really yellow or dark yellow or orange (very bad), you need to drink more water. I normally drink around a liter of water a day.

Also, diabetes is not a sympton of dehydration. Dehydration is one of many symptoms of uncontrolled diabetes due to the high blood sugar. It tends to dry out and affect circulation to the extremities, mainly the feet, along with many other areas. Amputation of feet or legs is fairly common with diabetics who can't control their blood sugar.

My mother was a type 1 diabetic. I'm a type 2 diabetic.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
For a little bit of fizz and fun and an extra immune boost, drop a vitamin C capsule in your water!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I drink a lot of water, infact too much. I have been diagnosed by a doctor as possibly having water intoxication in the past, whereby you drink so much, you push the electrolytes out of your body- basically you flood your body with useless water, which replaces your "useful" water.

You're right that it's very important not to get dehydrated, another part of this is to avoid too many diuretics- personally, I've stopped drinking alcohol, as that can dehydrate you significantly. But anyway, there is a line and drinking too much water can do more harm than good.
edit on 9-1-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I rehydrate myself in the form of coconut water, because it's got this delicious flavor to it that ordinary water can't hold a candle to( I drink this a lot too). xD
Unfortunately, I'm the only one I know in my age group who isn't blatantly disgusted by either of these substances.
Well it's their loss and they deserve it.
Teenagers these days... as if water and coconuts are an acquired taste like horseradish or something.

edit on 1/9/2011 by Elaethyr because: lost my train of thought, resulting in an incomplete sentence... again. >:C

new topics

top topics

join