It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evps What Do You Get? A lovely old Historic Theater

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is a place our group went to in early Dec. It was a bit slow for the place, last time my group caught a video with someone sitting in the balcony. Between two members mind you but no one was seen by them at all. This time a group of us heard someone walk over head and down a staircase we were looking at. No one there, no one else in the area. The lesson I learned there, ALWAYS have you recorder on. GAH! none of us caught it in a recording.

Here are a couple of EVPs I I did, they seem pretty clear to me.

You hear the EVP and then my voice after.
EVP1

This one you hear me talking to another group member and then just after a whispered EVP.

EVP2

Love your Feed back! Oh a pic of the place.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MadameGuillotine

I'll listen to this as soon as ATS live finishes, i cant wait i love listing to evps, though i would never do one myself. im very sensative and i would be worried that the entaty would take advantage of that.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Ok i came back to listen but i keep getting !The address is not valid
can you relink them please.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Grr! It says my 4 hours to edit is up, but it isn't!

Anyway here are the links sorry about that.

Lyric1

Lyric 2
edit on 9-1-2011 by MadameGuillotine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The first one sounds like a small child, or even a kitten, although I can't make out the words.

I do hear the whisper on the second one, but no ideas as to what it says.

What do you think? The environment sure seems to be good and spooky. You're a brave soul.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'm too chicken to listen to the recording. I get shivers just reading the descriptions. I just wanted to say what little I can see of the theatre is breathtaking. It looks a bit like steam punk style. They sure don't build 'em like that anymore. It's nice to not see plastic! Beyond what you all heard, did any among you feel the presence at all?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

On the second EVP, in my opinion, it sounds like a little girl saying "get me out" or "let me out." Nice EVPs

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Oh my god I'm so sorry, I said I would listen, I got caught up writing a story, I'm sorry.

Recording #1 : At first it sounded like a wooden chair scraping on floorboards, but the more I listen to it the more it has me stumped.

There is breathing ½ way through, as if someone is fogging up a pair of glasses before cleaning them.
And then same again just before you say OK

Recording #2 : and about 1/3 of the way in there is defiantly someone moving something about.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I know i looked at the at picture and thought wow how romantic was that in its day.
beautiful place, i would love to sit there and watch a play.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Don't be scared of the unknown. I listened and the first recording is a harmless child it sounds like to me.

I have become very interested in EVPs quite recently. I bought a new recorder and myself am starting to go around my city scouring the haunted houses and graveyards to record this stuff. It makes my hair stand on end and I love it. I also have an interest in helping any spirits cross over to the light because there are many trapped on the astral plane as we can see with all these evp recordings.

I think most ghosts that are trapped don't realize they are dead or died very suddenly. Time may work differently on that plane as well. I have read that it can take spirits a very very long time to come to the realization they have passed on and that a lot of their physical traits and quirts from their previous life get in the way when they try to cross over.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Yea that editing time-frame peeves me off sometimes too lol. I have tried to edit threads before but couldn't.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CPYKOmega

The brushes I and my family have had with the "unknown" have all been negative and almost demonic in character. I know very little about this sort of thing and terms often used in this forum like "chakras" may as well be a foreign language to me. Lol I strive to live as ordinary boring a life as possible. I just want nothing more than to be a boring suburban soccer mom. I never went seeking information on the paranormal because it appeals to me. It doesn't. Quite the opposite. But apparently on both sides of my gene pool there is some inherent susceptibility to all manner of paranormal phenomena and abilities. There is also unfortunately one incident of diagnosed schizophrenia surfacing so far. So it's been a basic survival necessity to inform myself at least a little bit about the "paranormal" and without much enthusiasm I might add. It's just a sad fact of my life I have to observe all kinds of unwelcome stuff and try to sort it all out and keep everything evaluated in a sane, rational, logical manner. Sometimes that means heading certain troubles off with a referral to a qualified psychiatrist, and sometimes it means conducting a home cleansing. Sometimes I don't know which to do and do both, as in a few years ago when I started seeing shadow people around and inside the house and enduring other disturbances. I didn't know if I was having a psychotic break or a paranormal infestation, so being the practical minded woman I am, I saw my doctor and got a serotonin adjusting medication AND conducted a house cleansing, and got rid of an antique, the arrival of which may have partially triggered the problems. Problem solved.

I have a particular suspicion now of antiques, though I love old things and the artistry previous generations put into the most ordinary daily objects. But after enduring the disturbances that coincided with the arrival of a bed that belonged to my dad, I am cautious about taking in old things from family members. I've learned the hard way objects apparently can house weird stuff. I don't know how or why, it's just another unwanted, unwelcome observation. I was drawn to this thread because it dealt with a very old building and old objects within associating with unusual manifestations.

I wish I could not be scared, but I can't help it. It is all spooky and unpleasant. I'm always taken aback when I read people actually want to see ghosts and demons. I will never understand that.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences with negative entities. I have never had this happen to me. The only thing paranormal that has happened to me, that i wasn't expecting, was at a friends cousins house which was suppose to be haunted. I was playing video games in the wee hours of the morning and everyone else was asleep. Well one of their old hexagon type cabinets with the swing out doors jolted open on its own and slammed violently.

I was freaked out for a bit but it wasn't that bad more exciting then anything. I bet my view would change if I would have walked in your shoes though. The paranormal is more of just a curiosity with me.

I wish you well and hope you only experience the positive side or none at all as you would wish. If you have any questions if you are still experience the negative side of these entities there are things you can do to try to rid your place of them and I will be happy to assist if you need my help.

Yes you are right spirits are attracted to certain objects. If they owned a certain piece that was close to them during their lifetime sometimes they are so attached they won't want to give it up.

I missed the part about you cleansing your place. I do this as well just to be safe. What I do is sprinkle sage around my rooms in a clockwise motion 3 times. Just around the edges and in all the little spots. It sounds nutty but seems to work for me so far.

edit on 1-16-2011 by CPYKOmega because: (no reason given)

top topics

join