It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 - The year of the ECONOMIC collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I find it very uncanny that Inflation.us simulation of the collapse of the economy has it happening on December 21st 2012, at the end of the 3rd quarter.

This does imply something about the nature of the collapse, 2012, aswell as the nature of the mayan prediction.

The end of the world can be defined as how we - the people of the world, relate with reality. The end of this "world" would than mean the end of our way of life.

The dynamic for the last 200 years has been continuous growth economically and in peoples living standards. When this growth curtails and reaches a standstill circa 2012, than this 'era' can be described as over, and a new one beginning.

This mayan prediction by my knowledge was made a thousand plus years ago. The end of this 'world' means a new beginning; but like all beginnings, they are hard and often traumatic. It is what some call "the birth pangs of the messiah"...

So thats what i think the 2012 prophecy refers to. Maybe there will be other things; but the most basic and rational way to approach the significance of this prediction and date (which i respect) is relating it to how it will affect us. It will mean the end of an age; of america as we know it. But that doesnt mean America cant be built back up. I think Americas basic structurel the constitution will eventually be the cornerstone of an entire world society where every country has such a constitution.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This could be the beginning of the end of the world as we know it, I agree. economic collapse will have severe ramifications with ripples worldwide. Thanks so much for your thoughts and your hopeful comments too.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The fact that inflation.us have a video simulating economic collapse on Dec21st, 2012 does not imply anything and has no connections or coincidences to the mayan prophecy. They're just using the date as a fellow apocalyptic symbol to give more meaning to the video's cause.

The economy won't collapse on any given date, the PTB can push this broken machine as far out as another 10-20 years if they wanted to. The key to change is in the people's hands, but the daft masses don't know what it does.
edit on 8-1-2011 by FermiFlux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

I agree it can happen at any time.

If significance IS going to be attributed though, it would make sense that it would be a massive global economic collapse and not

a) alien invasion
b) niburu
c) pole shift
d) time stops
etc.

And i think inflation.us may have been alluding to something. They must believe that the mayan prediction has to do with the economic collapse, otherwise they wouldnt have chose such a date for their simulation.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
And that would definately change the world we live in. After the collapse, I doubt people would ever trust is a fiat currency system again. It also seems to be about as far as the US will be able to stretch things out unless the made massive cuts. However, I don't see politicians or the addicted federal government being able to back off. It seems the opposite is true, they are still growing the federal government. So, I can definately see that occuring. Good Post!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
So what should I do with all my money??

This 2012 list is getting to long!!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by topdog30
So what should I do with all my money??

This 2012 list is getting to long!!

Invest, invest and invest in precious metals!
Keep fiat currency for day to day stuff.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Well, I think that's how the Mayans scriptures described it, not the end of the world as depicted in the Bible but the end of our world, the world as we know it, that's what I remember from the articles I've read about it.

The whole meteor/tsunami/earthquake/sunstorm/etc. theory seems a bit off to me while an economic meltdown is quite reasonable.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
maybe I am wrong, but I kind of think that the mayan calender is more like a cycle, so there is no end....just a beginning of a new cycle somewhere along the line. and, that is what I think 2012 symbolizes....a new cycle...
new opportunities for mankind, if we chose to accept them, a new way of thinking, a new way of living, if we don't cling to heavily on the old so much that we are afraid to jump into the new. and there is always an amount of chaos and destruction when the new comes into the picture in big ways.
we have to just be ready, be willing to take on those new opportunities and chose wisely, because the choices we make will affect the generations to come, till this opportunity of a new cycle presents itself again.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The first problem is that the Mayans had no predictions associated with the end of the long count calendar. That is where the 2012 dates comes from. All of this is simply guesses based on guesses based on bad data. Not really surprising that none of this makes any sense. It's balony from the start to the finish.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
We have been in an economic collapse since 2008...at least here in the United States. The bailout did nothing to the creation of jobs. Instead of full time employment, most companies are posting contract-type of positions with no benefits and low pay.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
The first problem is that the Mayans had no predictions associated with the end of the long count calendar. That is where the 2012 dates comes from. All of this is simply guesses based on guesses based on bad data. Not really surprising that none of this makes any sense. It's balony from the start to the finish.

Thanks for another pointless post. Are you actually referring to the Mayan calendar as "Bad data"? Do you know how accurate they were in their mathematics and Astronomy/Astrology? (The answer is very accurate considering how long ago it was and the tools they had available).

Not believing in 2012 predictions is one thing but insulting an entire culture - that's low.

*** If the "bad data" comment wasn't aimed at the Mayan Calendar then I apologise and withdraw my comment. ***

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

Thanks for another pointless post. Are you actually referring to the Mayan calendar as "Bad data"? Do you know how accurate they were in their mathematics and Astronomy/Astrology? (The answer is very accurate considering how long ago it was and the tools they had available).

Not believing in 2012 predictions is one thing but insulting an entire culture - that's low.

*** If the "bad data" comment wasn't aimed at the Mayan Calendar then I apologise and withdraw my comment. ***

I believe that ancient peoples were very smart. They made many wonderful discovery and made many superb inventions. That is why I think that so many fringe claims are ridiculous. They ridicule the ancients by saying they could not have built their cities and other structures without aid from aliens. Consider the level of math that most people learn - it was all known 2500 years ago. Unless you take a course in calculus you never do any math more recent than 500BC and more likely never do math more recent than 2000BC.

The problem is that the Mayans made no predictions. All of the predictions are recent inventions by people that were not as smart as the ancients.

Why do I say that these recently created hoax predictions are based on bad data? Take a look at what they use to support the claims.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It's the end of the world as we know it....

And I feel fine....

The end of the age of the Inquisitor.

Cool!.

It's all just cyclic,nobody lives long enough to see it.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Here is an example of bad data.

The dynamic for the last 200 years has been continuous growth economically and in peoples living standards.

The Great Depression from 1929 into the late 1930s was not a part of a continuous growth, but a large drop. That drop was much larger than anything experienced today. If you look at plots of economic growth there are ups and downs, but mostly ups. The last 200 years has seen growth as human labor and power was replaced with machinery. Not only have people not been used for power sources, people have lived much longer.

Stalls in the economy have happened often in the last 50 years. It happens. It's not part of a cycle because the reasons for the stalls are different. The force behind the stalls and the restarts of the economy vary from new technologies to end of wars.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The reason is capitalism.

We are all our own little emperors.

Most are so blinded by trinkets that they cannot even see it.

If one considers another below one,and one keeps pushing another down in one's view of another...

Eventually the one below,becomes the one above.

Don't think about it too hard,your head might explode.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

Are you saying that the melt down is due to capitalism and is unrelated to 2012?

new topics

top topics

join